• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[BtS] Diversica

I love WoC everything works like I want it to work.

Thank you Mamba.

I love WoC everything works like I want it to work.

Glad to hear, I like it too, as it allows for a higher level of flexibility / customizability (is that even a word ? ;) )

Thank you Mamba.

You are welcome :)

I traced down the cause of why the texts did not work in non-english, it turned out Sevopedia texts were only available in english (about 5 entries altogether) and those apparently were enough to screw up all texts (as none at all were displayed).

No idea why it ruined all of them, but now that issue is fixed (on my PC at least).

OK, real life is taking its toll on me. For the time being I will not continue with this mod or visit the forum on a regular basis. I will return, I just am not sure when exactly (definitely sometime later this year, my guess is sometime in October).

I hope there aren't too many problem with the current version and I hope there are plenty of new units by the time I return ;)

Good luck Mamba... I might be following you soon.

Good luck on your personal endeavours mamba.

As you know I'm privately modding/completing your mod...so when you come back, I'll have a lot of remarkings and reskins...in fact I aready have, the Sioux are almost finished.

Thanks. Access to the internet is not a problem at all, I will have access pretty much every day, so upload your files whenever they are ready and I will grab them.

It will be a while before I release a new version though and upload it.

It will be a while before I release a new version though and upload it.
Probably because Mamba is waiting to steal from the next Wolfshanze Mod release (which may be awhile)...

Probably because Mamba is waiting to steal from the next Wolfshanze Mod release (which may be awhile)...

Yes, what would I do if I couldn't steal from you ? ;)

I will probably grab your great seal shiel (did you grab the Captain America one form me or did you create your own version ?), no idea what else will be in your next version.

I hope Chuggi finally gets around to releasing CD 2.1 as well (and / or some more unit packs, which have been few and far between so far too), and then there always is Bakuel to look forward to :)

Oh, and VonSalza hopefully has released his reskins by then too :D

Waiting for more new units is not the reason for the delay though, but having them will be nice.

Yes, what would I do if I couldn't steal from you ? ;)

I will probably grab your great seal shield (did you grab the Captain America one form me or did you create your own version ?), no idea what else will be in your next version.
I'm not sure who did exactly what, but I do know my sources...

For my America units...
The models themselves of all units (except the Heavy Medieval Footman) are from v1.0 of Zerver's American Medieval Units... I never upgraded to the v2.0 Zerver Medieval American units because I didn't like what he did with them. v1.0 had a lighter-blue tunic with some variations to the texture... v2.0 had a much darker blue tunic that looked like he just used the paint-bucket to color the whole thing one monotone color. There's no variation or textured look to the uniforms at all in v2.0, it just looks like one shade of a very dark blue. Zerver does that with an alarmingly large number of his unit packs and I don't like it when he does that. v1.0 didn't do that, and I just liked the lighter blue anways...

Also, he changed a lot of the base models between v1.0 and v2.0... once again, I didn't like most of those changes to the models as I thought the original v1.0 models were just better choices... for some reason he seemed to reverse a lot of who was and wasn't carrying shields... like in v1.0 the Spearman was carrying a shield and the Pikeman wasn't... in v2.0 he reversed it so the Spearman was without a shield and the Pikeman had one. To me, v1.0 is more like how I envision it should be (and the default units in Civ4 are like that too)... there's more examples, but for the most part I just thought Zerver had it right in v1.0 over v2.0 and that's why I never upgraded.

However...

I was never overly-fond of the v1.0 shields myself either... and I remembered that Zerver improved the shields in v2.0... so I went looking for v2.0 to take a look at the shields... but, it would seem the main download for Zervers American Medieval units is down (hacker I suppose that never got re-uploaded), but I figured one of you bums probably had v2.0 in your packs, so yes, I checked your Diversica mod for Zerver's v2.0 units and found them there... I did initially borrow the striped/stared shield from there assuming it was Zerver's v2.0 shield... was that your creation? In any case, I decided to go with a different approach and eventually settled on the new Great Seal of the United States that can be seen in my Wolfshanze Mod thread. I also "lifted" the heavy footman from v2.0 as it was the only base model I preferred over the v1.0 models... but I've already modified him by bringing his tunic back-in-line with the v1.0 models (a lighter-blue/textured look) and I just modified him to carry a mace instead of sword.

Hence, I call it Zerver's American Medieval Units v3.0.

Oh... as for my next version (whenever I release it... it's nowhere near ready), I have about 16 other new/modified models/skins in addition to the new American Medieval set. I'm still searching/looking/digging/waiting for new models.

I was never overly-fond of the v1.0 shields myself either... and I remembered that Zerver improved the shields in v2.0... so I went looking for v2.0 to take a look at the shields... but, it would seem the main download for Zervers American Medieval units is down (hacker I suppose that never got re-uploaded), but I figured one of you bums probably had v2.0 in your packs, so yes, I checked your Diversica mod for Zerver's v2.0 units and found them there... I did initially borrow the striped/stared shield from there assuming it was Zerver's v2.0 shield... was that your creation?

yes, I created that shield and also posted it in his thread if I recall correctly. Chances are his original 2.0 shield is in that directory as well, just renamed (most likely by putting a '-' in front).

I believe his was solid blue with a star, no red/white stripes.

Well, I just uploaded v3.0 to the database... messed around with some models, touched-up some textures and added a Warlord... see if you like it.

Mamba

I pasted an altered HandicapInfo file into the GameInfo xml on your mod. Is there any reason that my alterations might have been overuled somewhere else in the mod and therefore not have been implimented?

I pasted an altered HandicapInfo file into the GameInfo xml on your mod. Is there any reason that my alterations might have been overuled somewhere else in the mod and therefore not have been implimented?

No, I do not use HandicapInfo.xml anywhere. Where did you put that file ?

I put it where it belongs, in the GameInfo xml file. Apparently, then, it was working.

I was just surprised at how badly I got beaten with almost all of the AI handicaps set to zero.

I merely upped the strength of some of the bonuses given to the AI in the traits xml, along with the number of buildings more speedily produced by civs with the various associated traits. I also used the latest Better BTS AI 0.37 dll, and the CivilizationInfo xml file modified for the World Piece Mod where many of the AI random behaviors are set to zero, and then I set the espionage tendency to zero in that file myself also, and checked no espionage on the start-up. And the AI was just awesome! So I had thought that perhaps some of my GameInfo xml file changes might not have registered in your mod, but I guess they did!

By the way, I also added JARM - Just Another Religion Mod - to your mod. It adds a few more religions that the AI can choose from - about 5 more to choose from, but no more total for the game. Anyway, I like it!

You know, while we are at it, one more mod that I think sounded very interesting was Graves Flavered Civics. It doesn't change the civics at all, just the way the AI impliments it's tendencies to use them. But it requires changes to the dll, and it is not merely a graphics mod, so it is probably not something that you are interested in. I've never tried it, and there is not a BTS 3.17 version as far as I know, but as I said, it does sound very interesting.

Anyway, thanks for the quick response. And thanks for all your hard work!

I will tell you why did I a such a huge change for my american medievals.
In 1.0, there was an US flag on a shield. MANY (believe me) REALLY MANY PEOPLE hated that, showed me :p and :mad: .
This is the reason numer one.
Reason number two:
The 1.0 was just a reskin (later I considered it as a theft) of danrell's medieval units (The only what I could do with a unit at this time was only a reskin). Since I upgraded myself a bit and made a 2.0. I wanted to make a more interesting shield graphic (Eagle), but i was missing it and Ive stopped on a star. The models where more diverse and my-productioned, for example I'm really proud with my crossbowman in this pack.
There I had more positive comments, but, suddenly, everybody yearned for a stars and stripes shield!

I am to close that theme and to add an american 4.0 pack to my want to do list. Those shall be more unique, more american culture looking, more shield graphics diverse and much more dethalized.
Thanks for attention, sons.

I love the mod, it has all I am looking for in graphics changes, improvements to techs, flags and so on ....

Im using 3.17 with what i belive is your latest (1.00c) I've played as many different leaders and enjoy the diversity :) that it brings to civ4. I have a small bug though, if i play as Netherlands and create Crossbowmen then the Production Queue icon and unit model is that of the Netherlands unique ship. Does anyone else have this problem ? A quick fix (if it is an error) would be appreciated.

Thanks

I love the mod, it has all I am looking for in graphics changes, improvements to techs, flags and so on ....

thanks, glad you like it

Im using 3.17 with what i belive is your latest (1.00c) I've played as many different leaders and enjoy the diversity :) that it brings to civ4. I have a small bug though, if i play as Netherlands and create Crossbowmen then the Production Queue icon and unit model is that of the Netherlands unique ship. Does anyone else have this problem ? A quick fix (if it is an error) would be appreciated.

I do not have the latest version available here, so I cannot check it right away. I will look into it over the weekend, but from the current version (read the new unreleased current version which contains anything I have added since 1.00c) they should be correct (and as far as I know, I did not make any changes to the Netherlands since).

If anyone can confirm / deny this before I can take a look at it, I would appreciate that.

Mamba thanks for a great mod, the new graphics add alot to the game

Im having the exact same problem as KingofBeers, when crossbowmen become available it shows the East Indiaman graphic i think which looks bizarre. Have had a look around but cant figure out why its bringing this up.

Would appreciate any advice to fix.

Top Bottom