[BTS] Dragonia II

I know these are corporations, and I don't like corporations in vanilla BTS; but that notwithstanding:

Shouldn't guilds be of little or no cost and of benefit more in line with their theme. For example, a Merchant's Guild HQ would have added culture (the prestige of having the HQ) and added commerce(from trade, each luxury ups it by 5%). Each added Guild location would increase the HQs income (from dues) and would have a lesser increase of culture and commerce (+1% per luxury) for the home city minus the dues. So if the HQ gets 2 gold for each new city, then each new city would be -2 gold.

The Mercenary's Guild HQ would have minimal income but allow the purchase of Mercs.

Guild of Earth HQ increase culture, hammers (+5% per iron, copper, mithril), and gold (from dues). Each new city would get lesser hammer increases (+1%) and culture bonus, and pay dues. So this one would be a slight drain on the city, but a plus for the HQ.

And so on...any thoughts on this?

I haven't done much with the guilds yet except for putting them in as placeholders.

You have some great ideas there so far. Any more ideas for the other guilds?
Spoiler Guilds in Dragonia II :
Adventurers Guild
Assassins Guild
Guild of Air
Guild of Earth
Guild of Fire
Guild of Water
Mercenary Guild
Warriors Guild
Mages Guild
Thieves Guild

Guild of Water HQ increases culture, +5% food for clams, fish, crabs, whales + 5% commerce for pearls + income, 1% increase for guild halls - dues

Warrior's Guild HQ +4XP + dues + 25% Great General emergence, +1XP for each 4 guild halls; guild hall +2XP - dues

Thieve's Guild HQ +10% intelligence, +2 for Great Spy, +1% intell for each guild hall + dues; +5% intelligence for guild hall - dues

Assassins Guild HQ allows assassins + dues, guild halls allows assassins - dues; perhaps also plus to intelligence

Perhaps Guild of Fire should be copper, iron, and mithril and Guild of Earth should be Gems, Silver, and Gold?

Guild of Air allows flying units?

THE only problem with some of my proposals is that they would create a huge advantage for the owner who could prevent spread to other civs. Perhaps the HQs could be Team projects and allow 3-4 to be built or you have to have random spread of guilds or both. This could represent factions? They could be spread by guild reps rather then execs?

Problems with that: How do you represent each faction? Otherwise you have each HQ getting dues from all guild halls. Maybe a guild rep action could be to convert a guild hall to their faction?

PLUS maybe a bonus to guild HQ and Guild Halls with the Guilds civic?

Hi,

I see that adaptive trait is not yet working, but it would be nice to get at least a description of what the various traits do in order to be able to choose when you are presented with the choice.
It would be nice if the readme precised that the mod only works in English.
I get loads of python error panels (something with ERA_INDUSTRIAL is most common) but they look like unfinished stuff so that's probably not news.
I just started a game, but felt there was little to do early on except building units (so I declared war on my neighbour, obviously).

Rights of passage come late, which means exploration can be blocked by a neighbour very early, resulting, once again, in early warfare. This is particularly true if you've got a narrow continent. This may be intended, but I just wanted to point it out, as it encourages early warfare that, at Prince level, the ai seems unable to handle.

Overall, this looks nice for the moment, I'll comment more as I make progress in the game.

Guild of Water HQ increases culture, +5% food for clams, fish, crabs, whales + 5% commerce for pearls + income, 1% increase for guild halls - dues

Warrior's Guild HQ +4XP + dues + 25% Great General emergence, +1XP for each 4 guild halls; guild hall +2XP - dues

Thieve's Guild HQ +10% intelligence, +2 for Great Spy, +1% intell for each guild hall + dues; +5% intelligence for guild hall - dues

Assassins Guild HQ allows assassins + dues, guild halls allows assassins - dues; perhaps also plus to intelligence

Perhaps Guild of Fire should be copper, iron, and mithril and Guild of Earth should be Gems, Silver, and Gold?

Guild of Air allows flying units?

THE only problem with some of my proposals is that they would create a huge advantage for the owner who could prevent spread to other civs. Perhaps the HQs could be Team projects and allow 3-4 to be built or you have to have random spread of guilds or both. This could represent factions? They could be spread by guild reps rather then execs?

Problems with that: How do you represent each faction? Otherwise you have each HQ getting dues from all guild halls. Maybe a guild rep action could be to convert a guild hall to their faction?

PLUS maybe a bonus to guild HQ and Guild Halls with the Guilds civic?
Your ideas seem good. A few ideas/notes:
  • All the guildhalls will get +1 Culture
  • All guildhalls shall charge dues, and shall spread at a normal rate with the following exceptions - Thieves Guild spread rate = 200 and Assasins Guild spread rate = 75
  • If a guildhall for the elemental guilds (Earth, Air, Fire and Water) is in the city, that arcane units built in that city would automatically get the appropriate promotion, allowing them to cast spells from that sphere of magic.
  • The owner of the Thieves Guild Headquarters will get an additional benefit - the owner will receive any tech for free (only 1 per turn) that is known to three civs that the Theives Guild has guildhalls in.
  • Warriors Guild will only give the +4XP. Adding extra XP for more guildhalls will be too overpowered.
  • No need for Guild of Air to produce flying units.
  • Guild Headquarters will provide bonuses for producing great people - Mercenary Guild, Warriors Guild and Adventurers Guild - Great General; Elemental Guilds and Mages Guild - Great Sage; Thieves Guild and Assasins Guild - Great Spy

Hi,

I see that adaptive trait is not yet working, but it would be nice to get at least a description of what the various traits do in order to be able to choose when you are presented with the choice.
It would be nice if the readme precised that the mod only works in English.
I get loads of python error panels (something with ERA_INDUSTRIAL is most common) but they look like unfinished stuff so that's probably not news.
I just started a game, but felt there was little to do early on except building units (so I declared war on my neighbour, obviously).

Overall, this looks nice for the moment, I'll comment more as I make progress in the game.

Thanks for the kudos. As for the bugs, a patch is being worked on. See post 3 in this thread for the status and changelist for the patch.

Rights of passage come late, which means exploration can be blocked by a neighbour very early, resulting, once again, in early warfare. This is particularly true if you've got a narrow continent. This may be intended, but I just wanted to point it out, as it encourages early warfare that, at Prince level, the ai seems unable to handle.
I did want to promote early warfare in the mod, although in most cases a civ will not be able to properly conduct a war early on...but having a war state will prevent enemies from being friendly and/or trading with each other. Also, I have a war script in the mod that will promote war between racial enemies (such as dwarves and elves vs orcs and goblins) and between good and evil civs)

You could do guild halls like national wonders only after a certain number of prereq buildings are built, might limit the AI getting to guild halls?

I'm now making some final tweaks to the guilds, and then I expect the first patch to be released this Thursday or Friday.
If any bugs are not listed in post 3 of this thread, please let me know to verify if I have fixed them and just not recorded the fix.

You could try Newgrounds.com's Audio section. The music is Creative Commons but you do have to dig a bit to get through the techno sounds.

The mod looks very interesting. However, at my first try it crashes early on. Is it generally unstable or is it just me?

I can provide the save of the game that crashes if you want it.

In that case I'll need a better description of your crash. Is there any messages? How far into the game? Do you do something specific to make the crash occur?

No messages. The program just ends and returns to windows. It happens during turn processing.

No messages. The program just ends and returns to windows. It happens during turn processing.

Which civ were you playing as, and about what tech area ? Was it during a WAR situation, need just alittle more details, thx.;)

Crashes upon game creation. Mithrelcraft clan and continents normal game setup. Error report is attached.

Can't wait to play thanks guys.
Faust

Attachments

• 3fcf_appcompaterror.txt
    29.9 KB · Views: 156
Top Bottom