[BtS MOD] Wolfshanze 1850-1920 Enhancement Mod v2.0

Yes, good idea with the trench unit. The anti-tank gun in the Merged Mod will fit right in! :D

Yes, good idea with the trench unit. The anti-tank gun in the Merged Mod will fit right in! :D
I'll have to think about this a bit... the thing about putting units in new categories, you can hand-pick what promotions are or aren't available to them... MGs used to be "okay" in the Siege category (though it made little sense to me), because the promotions worked well-enough... but after v3.17 and the removal of the combat promotions from siege units, about the only promotion you could give MGs (that weren't previously upgraded from something else) was DRILL... which is kinda pointless with MGs anyways (they're already immune to collateral damage).

Anyways, when I stuck MGs into the "Trench Unit" category, I was able to hand pick which promotions they could and/or couldn't get... the "Ambush" promotion (+25% vs Tanks) was NOT one of the promotions I gave the category. If I were to put Anti-Tank units into the Trench Category, that would prevent them from getting the Ambush promotion... unless I added that promotion to the category (which would then allow it for MGs). Should MGs be allowed to get Ambush? Should ATG and SAM units just be left in the Gunpowder category?

I have to think about this a bit... suggestions welcome.

EDIT:
Nevermind... Duh...

Anti-Tank Infantry start with the Ambush Promotion... so I don't need to give it to the Trench Category. I can just safely put AT Infantry in the Trench Category and not worry about MGs getting anti-tank bonuses... there is balance in the universe!

I've got some other promotion ideas I'm working on... this should do some nice things and fix a couple of issues that's been bugging me since the game came out!

Umm the US UU is a strange one it is hard to find something that really symbaliases the US forces in a way the Brit Redcoats,German Panzers, do for their Nations. To me the US represents industrial might, massive fire power & force projection, maybe USMC unit of some type, i think it has been done in another mod. luv the idea about seperate air bases really cool that one :D Trench units :dunno: see how it works :devil:

Umm the US UU is a strange one it is hard to find something that really symbaliases the US forces in a way the Brit Redcoats,German Panzers, do for their Nations. To me the US represents industrial might, massive fire power & force projection, maybe USMC unit of some type, i think it has been done in another mod. luv the idea about seperate air bases really cool that one :D Trench units :dunno: see how it works :devil:
I don't know what to do with the Americans... I may just leave them alone... :dunno:

The other changes are going well... really happy with the break-up of the airport into two smaller improvements... two things really irked me about the original airport... it's cost always took forever to build, and once-built, you'd have airlift capability, being able to transfer masses of men and equipment overseas when your air force was little more then frail canvas and wood aircraft of WWI vintage... that just wasn't right... I was taking forever to build airports to get the experience boost, then I felt "wrongly awarded" airlift capabilities during WWI timeframe, decades before massive troop airlifts were feasible.

This change makes getting an airbase for experienced air units come quicker, while preventing WWI-tech powers from doing airlifts... you don't get that benefit till the sturdier and more advanced WWII aircraft come along, then you can build the civilian airports that can give you trade and airlift bonuses.

The Trench Unit category is coming along nicely too... I'm able to focus the promotions better now, and get the MGs out of that silly siege category (which really seemed strange to me).

Talking lift capacity maybe a US Amphib ship with an extra lift capacity it would represent US Global strike ability, you are the only Nation that could hit anywhere in the world reasonably quickly, also the massive amount of material shipped in the 2 WWs korea, Nam etc. Some sort of MAU unit, It still would have its weakness against U-Boats etc but if it reaches enemy shoreline, Halls of Montezeuma as they it the beach. To me thats the scary thing about the US forces + Carrier BGs of course. :dunno: Massive airlifts in WW1 yeah always was a strange thing, not very well thought out that one. Anymore ships on the horizon :whipped:

Actually, the US could go with a UB Airport that gives 2-airlift per city or something like that. Not really sure you'd have a unit that does airlift.

I probably will just leave the Americans alone... I just don't know what told.

Just some ideas, I tried to pick things that may look as an iconic US technology, but I am not sure if some of them are really that important in game terms to deserve to be a special unit...

1) Some sort of early nuclear bomber (like the A-Bomb unit in Merged Mod). US used nuclear bombs as first (and only) civilization. However, it is not an US-only technology, so introducing (inferior?) nuclear bombers for other civs might be necessary too for balance.

2) A combat UAV (MQ-1 Predator?). But I am not sure, if some of them is strictly better that UAVs of other civilizations.

3) A stealth aircraft (F-117; B-2). Making stealth aircraft an US speciality would reduce their inflation in original Civilization - and AFAIK no one else is using them extensively at this moment.

4) Patriot missile system (maybe an anti-aircraft with better interception chance for tactical nukes and missiles).

american UU,

5) Modern (Nuclear) Fleet Carrier (+1 airplane capacity)

My Idea:

Liberty Ship: Transport that is STR 16, carries 1 extra unit.

Hows about Arstals transport but instead of 1 extra ground unit it can operate 1 air unit instead representing the marine corps intrinsic air support on amphibious operations. just a thought.

If you're going to leave the SEAL in as the American UU, you should hook it up more. Make it at least fit the graphics of the unit. The SEAL has night vision goggles, and a radio on him. It should require AirSuperiority, give it paradrop, and make it a trench/recon unit, with GueI,Wood1 promos. Also it has to have flanking; on par with the VietCong. You can at least make those XML tweaks wolf, and the American UU gots to be more propah.

The SEAL is a poor choice for an American UU, especially to replace a Marine! The Marine replacement should be a U.S. Marine! It should have Woodsman 1 and Medic 1 promotions but should also have the Commando promotion for rapid movement, like the kind the Marines are known for.

Hi.
I've just downloaded Your 2.83 mod and started playing new game I have this issue with Axeman...

Selecting Axeman after other unit shows this other unit's options. If no other unit was selected, no options are available. As You can see, I can't promote him as well. He isn't animated as well (slides instead of walking). The only other mod I'm using is Attitude Icon Mini-Mod.
Sorry if this problem was solved elsewhere. Your mod is the first custom mod I have installed yet and tried, because BtS really lacks 19th/20th century armies and navies.

Hi.
I've just downloaded Your 2.83 mod and started playing new game I have this issue with Axeman...

Selecting Axeman after other unit shows this other unit's options. If no other unit was selected, no options are available. As You can see, I can't promote him as well. He isn't animated as well (slides instead of walking). The only other mod I'm using is Attitude Icon Mini-Mod.
Sorry if this problem was solved elsewhere. Your mod is the first custom mod I have installed yet and tried, because BtS really lacks 19th/20th century armies and navies.
You have found a legitimate error that snuck under the radar... thanks for the pictures they helped... this error snuck in during the last update because I made some changes to the Mongols that inadvertently effected the Khmer.

I will "officially" fix this in the next update... in the meantime, you can fix this error on your end fairly easily.

Go into the Wolfshanze Mod folder and find the Civ4ArtDefines_Unit.XML in the Assets/XML/Art folder...

Find this set of lines:
Code:
		<UnitArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_AXEMAN_KHMER</Type>
			<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Axeman.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Unit_Resource_Atlas.dds,3,1</Button>
			<fScale>0.44</fScale>
			<fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
			<bActAsLand>0</bActAsLand>
			<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
			<NIF>Art/Units/Khmer/Axeman/KhmerAxeman.nif</NIF>
			[B]<KFM>Art/Units/Mongol/Axeman/Axeman_Egyptian.kfm</KFM>[/B]
			<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Khmer/Axeman/KhmerAxeman_FX.nif</SHADERNIF>
			<ShadowDef>
				<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/UnitShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
				<ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
				<fShadowScale>1.0</fShadowScale>
			</ShadowDef>
			<fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
			<fRangedDeathTime>0.31</fRangedDeathTime>
			<bActAsRanged>0</bActAsRanged>
			<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
			<AudioRunSounds>
				<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
				<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
			</AudioRunSounds>
		</UnitArtInfo>

Change the emboldened line shown above to match this code below:
Code:
			[B]<KFM>Art/Units/Axeman_Egyptian/Axeman_Egyptian.kfm</KFM>[/B]

That will fix the problem for you... and you can continue your game.

Wolfshanze, I finally finished a game with your mod and it was great! I love it! Keep up the good work.

Wolfshanze said:
You have found a legitimate error that snuck under the radar... thanks for the pictures they helped... this error snuck in during the last update because I made some changes to the Mongols that inadvertently effected the Khmer.

Heh, I started on all random and was lucky (or unlucky :p) to roll Khmer :)

Wolfshanze said:
Change the emboldened line shown above to match this code below:
<KFM>Art/Units/Axeman_Egyptian/Axeman_Egyptian.kfm</KFM>

That will fix the problem for you... and you can continue your game.

Cheers, that helped.

I saw the same thing in Merged Mod yesterday as kooboo, where my neighbors where the Khmer. So that was a very timely fix! :)

Wolfshanze, since you mentioned there were going to be new promotions... I'm wondering if you're considering an anti-helicopter promotion.

Wolfshanze, since you mentioned there were going to be new promotions... I'm wondering if you're considering an anti-helicopter promotion.
I'll look into that.

Top Bottom