[BTS Module] Austrian Empire

Wolfshanze

CFC Historian
AUSTRIAN EMPIRE

Final v2.1 (New Franz Josef & Jäger Rifleman!)

Requested by Duuk, this is a stand-alone module for BtS v3.17 containing the Austrian Empire, as featured in the Wolfshanze Mod.

The Austrian Empire comes complete with full support for custom graphics of most units in the game from Ancient times to Modern times on land, sea and air.

Leaders:
Francis I - (Organized & Imperialistic)
Franz Joseph I - (Creative & Protective)

Starting Techs:
Mining & Hunting

Unique Unit:
Jäger (Rifleman)

Unique Building:
Opera House - (Theatre)

Misc:
Full support for the Austrian Civ/Leaders/UU's & UB's in the Civilopedia, full city-list of Austrian Empire cities and custom Austrian diplomacy music.

Download Here

Screen Shots:
Spoiler :

How To Install:
To install, extract the folder to your mods folder.
Afterwards you need to go into you BTS configuration file and change 'ModularLoading = 0' to 'ModularLoading = 1

For those new users, make sure you load the mod. When you start the game, go to advanced and select the "load a mod" option.

Credits:
I can't even begin to remember all the names (though I do know a few)... not a cop-out, I'm just old and have a bad memory for names... I take credit for very little of the art-work collected in this mod. So to be fair, instead of naming a few and leaving out the rest, I'll just say, the artwork in here mostly comes from the members on this forum, not from me. If some of your work is in here and you'd like to be singled-out, just let me know and I'll point it out!

Version History:
v2.1: Adds NikNaks' Jäger (with new Austrian helmet)
v2.0: Adds Ekmek's Franz Josef LeaderHead (a replacement for the old Franz LH).
v1.1: Sorry for the first "beta" versions not working... this one has been fully tested, loads fine, and is 100% stable.
v0.9b: Modular test... oops... didn't work!

Okay... there's a problem with the modular mod... told you I wasn't good at this module stuff... probably something to do with the SCHEMA files which I know nothing about, either that or my file-structure.

For whatever reason, the custom XML files don't seem to be reading on load-up. I'm pretty sure the XML files themselves are fine, as-is the FPK, but the mod doesn't seem to want to read the XML files.

I'm experienced with mods, but not with MODULAR loading. Anyone good at this stuff want to take a peek and tell me what I did wrong? I'm pretty sure it's either a file-structure format issue or something goofy with my SCHEMAs (which I "borrowed" because I don't know what's up with those files). I'm fairly certain the remainder of the XML is up-tight.

Hey Wolfshanze, you should add Ekmek's Klemens von Metternich to this module.
Right now I'd just be happy if I could get the thing to load-up... It's like I have all the puzzle pieces collected, I just need to figure-out how they go together... I hate Modular Mods! :sad:

Your first issue is that the schema files you reference do not exist as they are named differently. You always (except for one time, where you have no prefix whatsoever) reference AustriaHungary_CIV4....xml while the files are called AustrianEmpire_CIV4....xml.

The schemas do not actually need a prefix, so you could leave that line in the xml definitions unchanged from your mod.

But when I change that the mod still crashes, so there must be other problems as well (but at least it is able to read its xml now).

Your first issue is that the schema files you reference do not exist as they are named differently. You always (except for one time, where you have no prefix whatsoever) reference AustriaHungary_CIV4....xml while the files are called AustrianEmpire_CIV4....xml.

The schemas do not actually need a prefix, so you could leave that line in the xml definitions unchanged from your mod.

But when I change that the mod still crashes, so there must be other problems as well (but at least it is able to read its xml now).
Okay Mamba, thanks for the tips... see, I told you I suck at Modular stuff (and people want me to turn the entire Wolfshanze Mod as modular... I can't even get a fraction of it to work modular!).

Well, I've corrected the SCHEMA files and re-uploaded the module and renamed it "v0.2b" (the initial being v0.1b). So it's re-uploaded now with the schema files fixed... but yes... it still seems to be crashing, and now I'm at a loss. What have I done wrong? Should be all the same files/structure/paths that was in the Wolfshanze Mod?!?!?

EDIT
Nevermind... I got it figured out... the mod is now up and running on my end... a couple of rough edges to polish, then I'll get a new (fixed and working) version up... the current download is still messed-up, but I'll fix that soon.

Okay guys... sorry for the 1st 24hrs of confusion... I'm new to "Modular" format mods... anyways, I have updated the download, "Final v1.1" is now available for download... I fully playtested this one... should load fine, with all advertised features working.

Thanks Mamba for pointing me in the right direction... that got me started, I was able to figure-out the rest on my own!

Download fixed... enjoy folks.

This was a request by Duuk, but I haven't really gotten any feedback from anybody on this modular Civ... has anyone found this Austrian Civ module of any use of any kind for any purpose? Would folks like to see me do modular versions of my other civs (Poland/Vietnam)?

Since Austria as seen here is already in the Wolfshanze Mod, did I just spin my wheels for nothing or did anyone like seeing Austria as a stand-alone modular civ, or was this kinda pointless since there's already other Austrian modular civs that pre-dated this one?

Just curious.

Okay... well... I've updated this module (is anyone using it?) to v2.0, with the new Austrian Leader Head for Franz Josef recently completed by Ekmek... if you haven't seen it, the picture in the 1st post is updated... really fantastic work... hopefully either somebody is using this module (or maybe everyone is playing the Wolfshanze Mod?).

Okay... sorry for the back-to-back updates, but I have another good add here...

v2.1: Adds NikNak's Jäger (with new Austrian helmet)

That should be it for additions/changes for awhile... don't have anything else planned for Austria.

I have not tried it yet but it looks very good. Will give it a whirl tonight. I usually use the HRE one to represent Austria and just set my capital up as Vienna. This is much more appropriate

This was a request by Duuk, but I haven't really gotten any feedback from anybody on this modular Civ... has anyone found this Austrian Civ module of any use of any kind for any purpose? Would folks like to see me do modular versions of my other civs (Poland/Vietnam)?

Since Austria as seen here is already in the Wolfshanze Mod, did I just spin my wheels for nothing or did anyone like seeing Austria as a stand-alone modular civ, or was this kinda pointless since there's already other Austrian modular civs that pre-dated this one?

Just curious.

Your graphics seem better, Wolf, so I like it. Yes, I'd like to see all of your civs in modular format.

I've figured out how to load these, so I'm ready for every civ under the sun!

I've even figured out how to add all of these modular civs to Bug 3.5.

Hell, someday I might figure out how to combine all kinds of different mods!

Esnaz already had an Austrian mod, but I can combine the two by taking the best of both. I've already started combining Esnaz and StrategyEye.

I've even dl'd an xml editor. :eek:

As to turning your mod into modular. It's a great idea if you could stand the tedium of converting over. I think more ppl would use your mod, since it would then be "easy" to combine with other mods, and perhaps less intrusive to the overall game play. It would give ppl the freedom to also pick-and-choose what they want to use in your mods. Or even simply the ability to insert different units and graphics.

I just started looking at these mods yesterday, and I'm already figuring out how to combine mods (at least the New Civs), and I've never even looked at an xml file before yesterday.

Hi,

I like modular Civs. :) Loaded it down a few days ago...

There is a problem with the opera (great idea!) - pictures missing!

regards

Gwyidon

Ps.: How can I combine modular Civs?

@wolfshanze:

as you're a frequent poster in the Varietas Delecat Mod thread: do you know how to make it working as a module there? I'd kindly appreciate your help - due to the formating is completely different to e.g. the Hungarian Addon - i can't see through it..

thank you for this fantastic mod - only playing in german, results in some missing texts,

Renegat

Does anyone have this download? I tried it and it sais file not avalable.

Great mod ;) everything looks awesome, can you re upload. Also a suggestion is how 'bout Zaire (democratic republic of Congo) or some other African power

Top Bottom