[BtS] Ranged Bombardment

Does the mod, depending on the bombardment max damage value, limit the maximum amount of damage that can be done by bombardment? If not, it would be a really useful addition to prevent siege units from completely annihilating a city.

Another usefull feature would be that if the unit which is attacked by range anf can also bombard, it should be able to counter the bombardment with a bombardment of its own. (of cource this should cost him one movement the next turn).

Counter-bombardment was used as a human exploit in CTP2.

You'd use your almost dead arty to make the enemy arty counter-bombard thus making them useless next turn. The AI had no concept of this.

The range variable doesn't affect bombard damage. But the one bombard damage variable affects all bombard damage.

Hey, it's the same HE shell if you fire it at troops or a city. :)

The range variable doesn't affect bombard damage. But the one bombard damage variable affects all bombard damage.

Hey, it's the same HE shell if you fire it at troops or a city. :)

Yes I notised, However, I don't want to use ranged attacks for only artilery units, I want to use it for all ranged units.

Now that I'm able to compile the Dll myself, with your permission, I would like to modify it to fit my requirements

Go ahead. :)

Dale:

Can you explain the difference between your mod, and just editing the

<iAirRange>0</iAirRange> to a <iAirRange>2</iAirRange>

and the

<iAirCombat>0</iAirCombat> to a <iAirCombat>1</iAirCombat>?

I took the artillery unit for example, and gave it the above values just to experiment, and the artillery unit can shell a city and units from two tiles away just like DCM does, or so it seems anyway.

Again, I just wanted to know the differences between DCM and the method I outlined above... because so far they seem to achieve the same thing: ranged bombardment.

Thanks.

Things are defiantly looking the way I want it.

I have now added several new ranged attack features which will allow modders to make combat a lot more realistic

Here is a short list:
- Ranged Land damage (damage versus ground troops): default ranged damage
- Ranged Sea damage (damage versus ships) example: Submarines
- Ranged Lethality (some guns kill better than others) example: Heavy Artillery
- Ranged Survivability (how hard it is to kill a unit by range) example: Infantry
- Cities increase Bombard survivability
- Ranged armor defense (allows armored units to be more bombard resistant or become completely impervious) example: Knights, Tanks, Battleships
- Ranged armor piercing (allows Armored units to be pierced) example: Crossbow, Antitank infantry, Helicopter

I created a realy exciting new feature: Counter bombardment. It seems to work best with clasical and renaissance ships that will both start to shoot at each other at close quaters, which looks great. Ground combat works also , but because both units run to eachother, they in each other face at point blank range, which look a bit weird.

Does anyone know how to force Civ4 how to prevent ranged units from running to the target?

Almighty, I think I found a solution to the graphic problem, but it will require a complete rewrite of all code. Instead if using dales ranged field bombard functions, I&#8217;m going to modify the native ranged attack functions which for some reason do not give this annoying graphic glitch where units will hug each other before to shoot at each other. The only location where this looks good is with pre dreadnought ships

Dale,

Any idea when you may convert this over to v3.13?

Also, do you think you could add some of the features from RtW to this, like destroying buildings, etc?

I tried to convert Dales mod to 3.13 but the game crashes when you start a new game.

The problem seems to be caused by adding INTERFACEMODE_BOMBARD to "enum DllExport InterfaceModeTypes" in CvEnums.h

Code:
// Dale - Field Bombard: new interface added at end of list
enum DllExport InterfaceModeTypes			// Exposed to Python
{
	NO_INTERFACEMODE = -1,

INTERFACEMODE_SELECTION,
	INTERFACEMODE_PING,
	INTERFACEMODE_SIGN,
	INTERFACEMODE_GRIP,
	INTERFACEMODE_GLOBELAYER_INPUT,
	INTERFACEMODE_GO_TO,
	INTERFACEMODE_GO_TO_TYPE,
	INTERFACEMODE_GO_TO_ALL,
	INTERFACEMODE_ROUTE_TO,
	INTERFACEMODE_AIRLIFT,
	INTERFACEMODE_NUKE,
	INTERFACEMODE_RECON,
	INTERFACEMODE_PARADROP,
	INTERFACEMODE_AIRBOMB,
	INTERFACEMODE_RANGE_ATTACK,
	INTERFACEMODE_AIRSTRIKE,
	INTERFACEMODE_REBASE,
	INTERFACEMODE_PYTHON_PICK_PLOT,
	INTERFACEMODE_SAVE_PLOT_NIFS,
	INTERFACEMODE_BOMBARD,

#ifdef _USRDLL
	NUM_INTERFACEMODE_TYPES
#endif
};

Meabee something has to be changed in CIV4InterfaceModeInfos.xml?

CIV4InterfaceModeInfos.xml was indead the problem, It needed a 3.13 update ;) Now everything works fine in BTS 3.13 :D

Can you explain that a little further, please?

When I compared the two CIV4InterfaceModeInfos.xml files, the only difference I saw was the v3.13 had INTERFACEMODE_SAVE_PLOT_NIFS, while Dale's v3.03 version (besides the INTERFACEMODE_BOMBARD) didn't.

Top Bottom