[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

I keep crashing when "initializing".
i can only play 18 civs preset =(
I WANNA BE A VIKING

Are you selecting Custom Game or Play Now?

Do you have Blue Marble installed?

Are you using the RoM_ maps that come with RoM or "other" maps (like Blue Marble)?

RoM because of added terrain features require that you use the RoM_ maps as their script has been adjusted to use the new terrains.

These RoM maps are included with the mod and cover all the BtS vanilla maps as well as a few special maps.

And starting RoM 2.92 with 18 Civs usually means slower turn times later in the game UNLESS you have a x64 OS and more than 4 GB of ram.

JosEPh

Hi guys

I love the mod, but i'm having serious problems with crashes. I use win7 and allmost ever 2nd attempt at playing my round in PBEM i get a crash. I'm playing with all the latest patches and the last version of ROM2. Any ideas?

Hi guys

I love the mod, but i'm having serious problems with crashes. I use win7 and allmost ever 2nd attempt at playing my round in PBEM i get a crash. I'm playing with all the latest patches and the last version of ROM2. Any ideas?

This mod is FULL of CTD's just waiting to pop out. The mod leaders really need to update the game, as its fast becoming outdated.

When me and my friend try to play a lan game or multiplayer internet game we cant see the games to join. Is there anyone that can help me out.

But then, whatever happened to Zappara? It seems he's abandoned the mod, would that be true? Is this mod officially dead?

He hasn't logged in since Dec. 3. His last few posts were back in Nov 2 and Oct 25 and didn't say anything about leaving.

He hasn't logged in since Dec. 3. His last few posts were back in Nov 2 and Oct 25 and didn't say anything about leaving.

Thanks for the update! So if Zappara has disappeared, then who is modding currently for this mod? Is there anybody out there who can AT LEAST submit a new version with JUST bugfixes, especially ones fixing RevDCM?

He can't fix the RevDcm problems in this build. The Newest REV would have to be merged with the core RoM plus the BUG, BULL, BBAI merges. If you can do that that would be great.

Dancing Hoskuld is tentatively working on an Unofficial RoM2.93 but progress there is slow. Plus he's also involved in several other ongoing Mods such as Caveman to Cosmos.

Zappara promised a final edition, but also stated that he had gotten a New job which required much more of his personal time. Thereby making the final version of RoM much more delayed in it's completion and dissemination.

So until then.......we wait.

JosEPh

Thanks for the update! So if Zappara has disappeared, then who is modding currently for this mod? Is there anybody out there who can AT LEAST submit a new version with JUST bugfixes, especially ones fixing RevDCM?

He can't fix the RevDcm problems in this build. The Newest REV would have to be merged with the core RoM plus the BUG, BULL, BBAI merges. If you can do that that would be great.

Dancing Hoskuld is tentatively working on an Unofficial RoM2.93 but progress there is slow. Plus he's also involved in several other ongoing Mods such as Caveman to Cosmos.

Zappara promised a final edition, but also stated that he had gotten a New job which required much more of his personal time. Thereby making the final version of RoM much more delayed in it's completion and dissemination.

So until then.......we wait.

JosEPh

Luckily the base for RoM is RevDCM which includes BUG, BULL, BBAI et al. The merge work is about getting the python and XML merged correctly. After a false start and then a newer version of RevDCM, I am in a position to start trying this merge again. I was hoping that there were distinct chunks that I could do to make the task easier and give me a sense of progress. ;)

Luckily the base for RoM is RevDCM which includes BUG, BULL, BBAI et al. The merge work is about getting the python and XML merged correctly. After a false start and then a newer version of RevDCM, I am in a position to start trying this merge again. I was hoping that there were distinct chunks that I could do to make the task easier and give me a sense of progress. ;)

YAY! :thumbsup:
Thats the type of progress we need!
Thanks a ton! :clap:

If i download this mod, does it come when i start up BTS 3.19 or do i go to advanced > load a mod > Rise of Mankind 2

i didn't download it yet... im asking if it launches when you launch bts or do you have to load it

If i download this mod, does it come when i start up BTS 3.19 or do i go to advanced > load a mod > Rise of Mankind 2

The latter, though a much easier way of handling it is to create a shortcut, whose target is something like this:

"D:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Rise of Mankind 2

...where D: is whatever drive Civ IV is on.

I'm looking for a mod with desert I promotion. Is that standard in all version of Rise of Mankind 2 or does it matter with version I download?

downloaded 2.91 but am being told windows cannot open the file and cannot find anything online. what could be the problem

I'm looking for a mod with desert I promotion. Is that standard in all version of Rise of Mankind 2 or does it matter with version I download?

Ha, pretty gigantic mod to download just to get "Desert I" promotion! But I do believe it had this promotion for many versions now...

Could someone please upload a non-torrent file for the latest version?
I'd like to download the mod but I'm not allowed to use torrents.

Top Bottom