Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by zappara, Apr 29, 2008.
Thanks much for the response. Keep up the good work Zappara
With revolution there can be formed new nations in middle of the game, example if there are civil war somewhere, just delete the new nation.
This might not even help, i dont know, its help for me.
Those happens a lot, but notice, that if you do a late game with a smaller map it wont happen. Guess it's a lack of memory because of the amount of units
Revolution mod can be a pain on the memory/speed of the game if you play with the largest map size, same with barbarians. I dont suggest playing the two largest size unless you are willing to deal with lags and bad turn speed, or that you have a whole data center to compile the turns
Sure the larger the map the merrier the fun, but still, you have to be able to play!
Revolutions : Keep the populace happy, give them bread and games! They'll stop! Be carefull about having more than one religion with the mod or an other religion than the state religion, they'll want to gain sovereignty.
congrats on fixing the modern era CtD issues zappara I'm curious about what was causing them btw..
My scoreboard has vanished. I usually play with the scoreboard minimized so all i can see is my score, and open it up when needed. I have been playing with some of the settings in the GlobalDefinesAlt and GlobalDefines. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. I think I may have inadvertently changed a value or checked/unchecked something. Any help would be appreciated. Awesome Mod by the way.
I figured it out. It was a button push. duh
Hello everyone. Up until 2 nights ago I was playing the best game of Civ (with ROM 2.3) I've ever played. Maybe the best game of any game I've ever played. I was playing prince difficultly on a huge custom map at snail speed. Stack attack, barbciv, and revmod were disabled. It was almost everything I had ever dreamed a civ game could be. Struggling to make that next tech to gain a possible slight edge, constantly jockeying for power with the other civs, fighting war after war and battle after battle with different civs, and actually using units in battles and wars for long periods of time before they became obsolete. I played for a month (over 100+ hours) and loved every minute of it. I made it to July 1987, was in 2nd place, and actually had a shot a winning the game (something I've never done before at the prince level; I know I'm not as good as you all ). Then the dreaded CTD happened which I had been reading about and subsequently praying wouldn't happen to me. Major bummer to say the least.
Anyway I hope 2.4 fixed this problem. I'm worried about starting a new game because of the time investment. If 2.4 doesn't fix the CTD please focus your attention on fixing it. It would surely be a gaming tragedy for a mod this good to be broken. Huge thanks again to Zapp and team for this mod which is so good I've lost interest in playing anything else. You guys are the best!
No interface with new 2.4 version.
DL twice. Cleared cache. Deleted old version before installed. Def. in mod dir. WB doesn't work., along with bug.
Error log says:
"Call function hideWorldBuilderScreen failed. Can't find module CvScreensInterface"
It might just be me but since I added the BUG stuff right to my CustomAssets I noticed that I've had to made a point to go into most of my Mods' INI and make sure "No Custom Assets = 1" or I too see no interface.
Download Rise of Mankind patch v2.4->v2.41
I made few small fixes to v2.4 and just uploaded this small patch. Main thing in it is that it disables Battle Effects by default as that mod component clearly wasn't functioning correctly with the new terrain additions.
Version 2.41 notes:
- Changed: Spy spawning disabled from Revolution component due to possible CTD issue - if civ doesn't have palace (ie. no capital, is this possible?) and his spy successfully completes mission and then can't return to palace, the game crashes
- Changed: Spy unitcombat group enabled in BugUnitNameOptionsTab.py (also added to 'Unit Naming.xml')
- Fixed: Chevron stacker adjustments restored to default settings - apparently my changes in v2.31 weren't working as suppose to
- Fixed: Russian cossack upgrade paths
- Fixed: French Dragoon upgrade paths
- Changed: Marsh added to Battle effect for Forest terrain list (not working correctly yet)
- Added: Battle effect for Marsh terrain (not working correctly yet)
- Disabled by default: Battle Effects, after Marsh & Peat bog terrain features were added, these effects started to act incorrectly - possible bug with indexing terrain features?
- Fixed: Civ4lert messages (same text defines in 2 files were overwriting each other)
- Changed: Coastal Reef event may happen more often
- Changed: Removed old BUG config info from 'Rise of Mankind.ini' and changed mod name+description
- Added: All RoM unit classes added to 'Adv Unit Naming.ini'
If you notice anything weird with v2.4 or v2.41 please post report about it in v2.4 feedback thread.
Dear guys and ROM scientists
I love this mod and I have got two problem with this mod when i play on Giant or bigger map with 8 or more enemies.
1. When the map will be full (exatly as from industrian era), the game became very slow. Between turn and turn i must wait 1 minute or more. (My machine: E8400, 2gb ram, Asus EN9500GT, game settings ----> 1280*1024 high, no antialiasing). Idea? Tricks?
2. When I'm in modern era sometimes crash the game
problems with beyondthe sword.exe and D3D files :S
Thanks for help and....sorry but I can't know English very well yet!
zappara I am curious can people play 2.3 saved game in 2.4-2.41? if so how does one go about doing so?
great mod btw
Same problem here. ( even after patching to 2.41 )
Worked fine in previous versions.
PS No solution yet but some searching of these forums leads me to believe that this could be related to the same problem some are having with the BUG Mod ver 3.5
I noticed too those reports about having problems with BUG v3.5. Until good solution to their problem is found, you can try this workaround:
1. go to ..\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\ -folder
2. copy 'config' folder (there's BUG mod's config xml files inside this folder)
3. go to ..\Beyond the Sword\Assets\
4. paste 'config' folder to Assets folder
5. load mod and see if the interface works...
I think is related to how new BUG v3.5 reads its config files and for some reason can't find them so copying them to alternative location might help. Also make sure you don't have any custom assets running with RoM. If you have installed something to custom assets (like BUG mod), edit 'Rise of Mankind.ini' and in that file set NoCustomAssets = 0 to value 1. With this setting the game skips all the custom assets you might have and only the files from RoM will be loaded.
Thanks for the quick reply, but this didn't work for me.
By the way, I wonder how come some people don't have this problem.
Not sure but this has not worked for me either. Here is the log files that this produces when I go to load a game.
I've released new version of Extra Civ Addon pack. It's now compatible with Rise of Mankind v2.4+
Download Extra Civ addon pack (50 new civs)
i am curious is the only way to fix late game crashes 1700 - 1900+ huge maps but only 9 - 10 civs is by entering world builder and erasing small civs?
I am currently playing a game with Revolution mod turned off... i control MANY cities nearly an entire continent and no matter what I do the game crashes when i try to go from 1716 to 1718 I had a similar experience with 2.3... Why is this happening? I dislike investing many many hours / days into a game that will crash like this for no apparent reason.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
First i want to thxs you a lot for this wonderfull mod ! I use to play it since 2.0, and i really love it !
But i have some requests :
- i think that the AI is bugged : my poor castle with 5-6 defenders was attacked by a full army who could easly destroy it, but what did they do ?
They stayed in front of it, bombarding with cata, during.... 10 turn, that was completly useless. During this time i sent more army to kill them...
- i think that revolution mod make the game too "strange" : a good AI civilization can be completly weakened by a revolution, and u just have to attack them to finish... but before revolution it was damned strong !
I tried a bunch of flavors of trying to get the ui back in 2.4. So, I'm back to playing 2.3. Still fun, just a bummer to have to stay back on the old version. i'm not going to go as far as to completely wipe away and re-install civ. That's not an option, on principle alone. I play a lot of mods, like FallFromheaven, FallFurther, and a couple others and have never encountered a no-ui problem like this one during dot-upgrades.
Great mod. Not dis-ing anyone.
Getting a CTD on the next turn after the turn in the save. Earth 2. Large. Poland. Loading up autosave (the turn before the CTD) to see if anyone can make sense of it. Just got Fascism and just started researching Mass Media.
Separate names with a comma.