[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

Dancing Hoskuld: I followed your link, but none of the things in that thread work. Tried them all.

Why is it so hard to do such a simple as make this available as a straight download? All the other versions can be downloaded this way.

Many sites only keep the files there for a month or two then get rid of it. Probably depends on downloads as well. Too much or too little and the file gets removed. What can you expect for free ;). I will check where I am at with my monthly limit and see if I can upload it somewhere.

Edit: I am uploading a version now but it will take a couple of hours, 200 minutes!

Edit 2: Try this link to atomic gamer

Many sites only keep the files there for a month or two then get rid of it. Probably depends on downloads as well. Too much or too little and the file gets removed. What can you expect for free ;). I will check where I am at with my monthly limit and see if I can upload it somewhere.

Edit: I am uploading a version now but it will take a couple of hours, 200 minutes!

Edit 2: Try this link to atomic gamer

Please tell me that isn't a torrent? :please:

They have files in the download section over 600 Mb; since ROM is one of the most popular mods I don't see why they can't accommodate it.

i am able to download scenerios but for the past year, have not been able to figure out how to download mod packs such as Rise Of man Kind 2 and play it. can any1 help me out?

Click the 2.92 link and tell it to save the file, it's a torrent though. So you'll need a program to get at the mod.

Is RoM 2.92 the final version of this Mod, or should I look for RoM: A New Dawn expansion for the most complete and final version?

Thanks for your replies!

Look for the Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn full install, if you want the latest versions of RoM and AND in one bundle.

Play the game at Marathon speed or slower and don't play any maps larger than Huge, as the Civ game engine can't handle it.

Thanks for your answer Arakhor. My concern is whether AND is considered the ultimate RoM experience, or if it´s just an expansion some pleople like and some not. Should I play RoM alone and then try AND?

I consider it the ultimate RoM experience, as in many ways it is a better version of the mod (cleaner coding, more options etc.), but AND is not RoM the way Zappara envisioned it, just the way Afforess envisioned it. I hope that helps. :D

RoM 2.71 was the best late RoM version followed by 2.81 Lite or Full imho.

AND's best version (again imho) as an add-on to RoM was 1.61.

AND as it stands now is as Arkahor said, Afforess' idea of what RoM should become under his guidance.

And since zappara is absent we may never know how RoM3.0 would've ended up. Although towards the end of 2.92 Afforess' influence was pushing/guiding zappara's decision making.

Long time Rom'er here.

Edit: actually the last "True" RoM version was 1.03, before the REVDCM, BUG, BAI and Bull mods were incorporated into core RoM. In the RoM Modmod sub-forum there are links to RoM 1.03 the original RoM and RoM 1.03 Extended. These early versions are 3.19 Official patch compatible and can be played on the bare minimum requirement computers for CIV IV.

JosEPh :)

Although towards the end of 2.92 Afforess' influence was pushing/guiding zappara's decision making.

Pssh... I wish. Zappara never did anything he didn't already want to do - I never got him to do anything. ;)

Merry Christmas Afforess. :)

You gonna finish RoM 3.0 for zappara? ;D

JosEPh :lol:

hi, guyz! just wanna ask this - is there any reasonable solution of so called "waiting for other civilizations" bug available?? well, I know there are several suggestions like : install "AND 1.74 + patch" etc., but that wouldn't be like the same game anymore right? I mean I've got that game ongoing and I wanna continue...jeez...seems like gotta wait for the RoM 3.. if it's ever gonna happen. I hope it will.

hi, guyz! just wanna ask this - is there any reasonable solution of so called "waiting for other civilizations" bug available?? well, I know there are several suggestions like : install "AND 1.74 + patch" etc., but that wouldn't be like the same game anymore right? I mean I've got that game ongoing and I wanna continue...jeez...seems like gotta wait for the RoM 3.. if it's ever gonna happen. I hope it will.

Even then you probably wont be able to continue the same game. It is very unusual for save games to be compatible across versions of a mod.

just download 9.2 RoM yesterday, i played on small map
and it run so smooth until turn 421 when i tried to end turn and it not responding

the globe cursor just keep spining and spining ~_~

and the turn never change
it was okay the turn before this

try lo exit BTS and load the autosave same thing happening
is there a way to fix it?

it's already happening 2 times now >_<
both occur in 350++ turn or so

sorry for my bad english BTW

Ditto... is it even possible to play a complete game? I have started 5 games and not completed a one. Because, sooner or latter, I get to a turn that refuses to 'turn over' the globe just spins and spins... I reload the nearest auto save and when I get to that same turn I have the endless spinning globe. I have never gotten to Industrial age and am now completely frustrated with this mod because *it is so good* but as it is, for me, it is unplayable.

This MOD may be the best out there if a complete game could be played but as it is this problem ruins it.

The problem is in the REVDCM version that was available when 2.92 was put out.

If you do Not use Revolutions you can play till the end. I don't use Revolutions with 2.92 and I can finish the game.

But if you Must play with Rev on you will have to dig thru the threads for the work around.

JosEPh

Top Bottom