[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

Alright there problems with it. It loads up and does everything right until I am in the game I can't see the minimap or any of the button and it is on English and I do have the patched updates. I have re-download it but it hasn't helped either and I put the patch that you had made also. So anything else to suggest?

Does this newest version also work with 3.13, or do I need to try and find the version just before it?

Thanks for the update, I still struggle to download
[BtS] Rise of Mankind v2.2 and [BtS] Rise of Mankind 2.2 Extra Civ addon pack , FileFront is a huge pain..

Would be nice to have a decent mirror.

A question to Joukili, I didn't see any patch for download, have I been missing something ?

So far so good, I'm only at about 3000 BC so far after spending maybe an hour playing last night. In the previous version, everything was perfect until about 1780 when I started having to save every turn as it would Crash To Desktop every ten minutes or so. The savegame doesn't work with the new patch, but we'll see how this new game goes.

just downloaded it and gave it a try, great work indeed, better than next war XD

can't wait for the updated add-ons to be released, revolution and DCM will set this mod one huge step forward :)

keep up the good work and thanks for all the time and effort you put into this !

edit: btw, a quick question just came to mind. is this compatible with solver's 3.17 unofficial patch? and will the upcoming add-ons be? I've heard that solver's patch is not compatible with mods with a custom dll, but I ain't no expert so I'm not sure about that, would be great to know. thanx in advance for the support :D

@LetMyPeopleGo

I'll try to add few mirror download locations - it's just that it takes 2 hours to upload the Extra Civ addon and about 40mins for main mod file. While uploading I just can't use net at all since it eats up all my bandwidth, so I'll be doing those uploads when I'm not busy with other stuff.

@[to_xp]Gekko

RoM 2.2 is compatible with Solver's unofficial patch because this mod doesn't have custom DLL at the moment. There's 2 ways to add Solver's patch - you can install it directly to BtS or you can apply it to folders under 'Rise of Mankind'. If you add it to 'Rise of Mankind' -mod, you can't overwrite RoM's CIV4PromotionInfos.xml with Solver's because if you do, the mod won't work correctly.

thanx for the answer zappara. I installed solver's patch in BTS main directory and in fact the mod seems to work fine ( I'm saying "seems" cuz I've only played it for like 30 minutes XD) . now let's hope that future updates won't break compatibility cuz otherwise it would be tricky, re-installing the whole game would be a major pain. >.<

So I downgraded to 3.13 to play ROM with the Revolution add-on, does the updated civilization add-on pack work with ROM 2.12? Or is there a trick to getting the old version of the civilization add-on pack to work??

@TheeLord

Extra Civ Addon v1.1 should work with previous RoM versions (haven't tested) because there wasn't really many changes from v2.12 to v2.2 - few new Civs Cavalry UUs will have flanking attacks against catapult and trebuchet while v2.12 normal Cavalry doesn't have. Can't think of now any other differencies, all other updates to Extra Civ addon pack were for making those Civs' setting's updated to RoM v2.12.

Where can I get version 2.12?
All I can find is RoM1 and RoM 2.2

This is absolutely a great mod. Thanks for all the hard work that has gone into it.

I was playing today as Saladin and built a war elephant. I could see the elephant on the screen, but it, nor its buttons, did not show up on the bottom part of the screen. Any suggestions?

I am playing with the newest version or RoM and BTS 3.17.

Thanks.

I really like the hard work u have put into the mod. Its my favorite for civilization. :goodjob:

Since Rom 2.2 i am actually missing the possibility to use 40 civ`s and would like to ask how long does it take to convert the old Civgamecore.ddl to Bts 3.17 - Rom 2.2?

Where can I get version 2.12?
All I can find is RoM1 and RoM 2.2
Version 2.12 for BtS 3.13 is still available at:
http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=69903
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A9B6W600
http://files.filefront.com/RiseOfMankind212zip/;10562459;/fileinfo.html

Since Rom 2.2 i am actually missing the possibility to use 40 civ`s and would like to ask how long does it take to convert the old Civgamecore.ddl to Bts 3.17 - Rom 2.2?
It might take some time. Some mods that have custom DLL have been updated already to BtS 3.17 but the one DLL I used in previous RoM versions haven't been updated yet. I can't do SDK modding myself so I'll have to wait too until other modders publish updates to their DLLs. If you want to play now with 40 civ's you'll have to revert your BtS to v3.13 and use previous RoM 2.12 version.

There's now available a DLL file that allows 40 Civs. You can find it from this post. Unzip the file to '..Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets' - folder. Psyringe's new DLL has not been tested much yet, so there might be some issues with it. His zip file also doesn't include other Solver's XML/python fixes but you can "fix" that by downloading Solver's unofficial patch and applying it to your BtS. Psyringe's DLL will be included in next RoM 2.3 patch if no huge issues/bugs aren't found when using that DLL.

Some questions/comments:

AI seems much less clueless on latest version - congrats. I've still never been attacked past, say, Assembly Line (I'm a builder), while they beat each other to death.

What's with random nuclear fallout in 1400 AD? (no one had built Manhattan, I hadn't researched Fission) Not a fun feature. Also, unbeatable pirate fleets with Carracks in 800BC, Indiamen in 400BC. (Marathon)

For some reason, CivIV has always thought State Property was the best thing since sliced bread (Is the Civ franchise state property? Thank goodness its not), but the latest uberization in 2.2 is ridiculous. All AI's choose it. I'm too attached to Sushi, or I'd have no real reason not to choose it. Makes corps nearly irrelevant. Balance please.

On Rise 1, I completed a full Huge/Marathon game with no CTD's. Completed the Huge Earth Map with Rise 2. Actually never had a CTD until installing the Rev stuff. Since then three CTD's similar to those described here, including one after reinstalling without the Rev. So far 2.2 with a standard map is going fine, so we'll see.

Bakery/Tannery - love it! But a Bakery should require eggs. Chicken resource? ;)
Thanks for your feedback. I have no idea why there would have been nuclear fallout - seems like a bug somewhere, not sure if it's RoM bug or BtS bug. I'll check those pirate events for next patch since I'm adding some new events for it. I'll take a look at Civics too. Keep posting some progress reports from RoM 2.2 games, that helps me to tweak things for better direction. :)

I only have version 2.2, and i mean when i loaded the Mod how do i start playing Rise of Mankind??
After loading the mod there's 2 ways to start playing it: choosing normal Single Player or making Custom Game. If it's not working correctly ie. you get normal BtS game or it crashes during map start up, then there's something wrong with mod files, most likely corrupted file or something. In this case you'll need to unzip the mod files again to Mods folder. Other possibility is that your BtS is not set to English language, the mod won't work in any other language setting.

I liked the first version of this mod but didn't decide to go to version 2 'cause all this "patch of the patch" seems very complicated. Can't it be packed into one package?

Zappara's made a great project! :king::king::king:
How would ROM be compared to ROM2? Better? Best? Bestestestest? :)

@truetom

The newest version RoM v2.2 is full mod dowload and there won't be patches for it for a while. It's pretty stable and finished "product" now. Addons like Extra Civs were kept separate for download size reason, if it had been combined to mod, you'd be downloading 500MB file instead of 120MB every time the mod gets patched. You can always play the mod without any Addons, they just add some flavors to the mod that some players prefer to have.

I'll try to keep future versions available as full mod downloads and as patch file for previous version - there will be no more patch of the patches.

i have problem to download this great mod from filefront (their servers dont like me or something else). is it possible to put this mod to any other server??
or anyone has a hint how to download files from filefront? (it writes me that no server is available or the 2nd favourite is server error).

thx for help

Imrahil

I've been trying this mod out for the first time, and I must say I am very impressed. The attention to detail, and the truly epic feel of this mod is great.

However, I have been having one minor annoying issue. Whenever I try to start a game with the Earth2 Map Script set to 'Giant' or 'Gigantic', the map always seems to turn out the same....it's just one giant landmass. Plus I'd really love to try out the giant or even gigantic maps (though I'm sure gigantic will KILL my PC).

There is no real water...some rivers, and a pond here and there...that's it. The map is about 99% land...no matter what I change the settings to (Rocky, cold, sea low, etc.) it's the same all around.

Anyone else experienced similar issues?

Top Bottom