[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

When is the 3.19 compatible version coming out, because i'm dying to continue to play Rise of Mankind

Last I posted this on 20th April, but nobody is acknowledging my wishes.

The mod needs following things: Optional checkbox called 'expensive fast units' which creates a cost of 10 % of the current gold income per one single unit to upkeep and quick building so that not shields but common sense would determine the years/turns required to a unit. Warrior is one, battleship is few. This should work for the AI too. We need these options to the game because less units is better. 10 % upkeep per one unit of whole empire's income per turn limits the numbers and shorter building times replaces amount with quality. So you can build units very quickly, but only as much as you can upkeep with that huge toll. Please, please mod this into the game.

Teemu Ruskeepää;8196335 said:

The mod needs following things: Optional checkbox called 'expensive fast units' which creates a cost of 10 % of the current gold income per one single unit to upkeep and quick building so that not shields but common sense would determine the years/turns required to a unit. Warrior is one, battleship is few. This should work for the AI too. We need these options to the game because less units is better. 10 % upkeep per one unit of whole empire's income per turn limits the numbers and shorter building times replaces amount with quality. So you can build units very quickly, but only as much as you can upkeep with that huge toll. Please, please mod this into the game.

Boy, I thought the people who demanded an immediate switch to 3.19 were annoying.

Post it in requests or suggestions. It sounds like an interesting modcomp, but we don't know how good it is until it comes out.

The entire RoM modding team consists of Zappara (only). One cannot expect him to do everything he wants to do, as well as immediately do everything other people want as well.

If you think a mod needs something, wrote it yourself. Otherwise, try a little leniance to zappara, (as mentioned) the sole developer of this awesome mod/

i want only one thing , in barbarian mod enabled , please reduce the size of the ne emerging civ armys , or make them more defensive not aggresive, i just lost a great start just because i got attacked by 2 such huge armys , and not some ordinary armys, 1st was the abyssinian archers army with some extra units , whom i barrelly defended myself, 1 tick later the babylonians give me the blow.
please Zappara do something about this!
thank you

i want only one thing , in barbarian mod enabled , please reduce the size of the ne emerging civ armys , or make them more defensive not aggresive, i just lost a great start just because i got attacked by 2 such huge armys , and not some ordinary armys, 1st was the abyssinian archers army with some extra units , whom i barrelly defended myself, 1 tick later the babylonians give me the blow.
please Zappara do something about this!
thank you

Go to RoM forum, then click on Modmod sub-forum, then click on Vincentz's View. There, in the first post by master modmodder, you will find how to do that. I followed his advice and my game IMPROVED! The link to his thread is:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=325121

Good luck :D!

Statue of Liberty.

Can someone tell me where the reqt for the liberal civic is in the xml ? (Or is it an SDK thing?)

Good i got the first d/l for 2.7, :p

How many hours did it take to upload?
About 1.5hours.. slow connection :lol:

Statue of Liberty.

Can someone tell me where the reqt for the liberal civic is in the xml ? (Or is it an SDK thing?)
It's actually in python as there is not such xml modifier. It was probably in zCivics.py file. I'll try to update the help info for that wonder in the next patch... :)

I am getting all kinds of corrupt files:

Now it says the archive is corrupt.etc
I'll test download it. If I have to upload it again it'll be probably tomorrow as I'm just about to go out...

I downloaded and installed the mod successfully to BTS and patched BTS to 1.7, and the mod starts up just fine. However, when I try to start a custom game of any form, I get some sort of C++ runtime error or something, and the game crashes.

Anybody else get this error? Any idea how to fix it?

Yes I downloaded the file but it's corrupted.
Ok, I'll have to upload it again - seems there has been data corruption during upload process (the zip file on my computer works just fine but downloaded zip has corrupted files) - unfortunately that will be tomorrow around the same time as today. Meanwhile you can try getting those corrupted files from RoM v2.7test2 which should have pretty much the same files or installing v2.7test2 and adding new DLL from RevDCM 2.5 to it but I can't quarantee it will work... anyway, I'll upload v2.7 zip again tomorrow, now I got to go.

About 1.5hours.. slow connection :lol:

It's actually in python as there is not such xml modifier. It was probably in zCivics.py file. I'll try to update the help info for that wonder in the next patch... :)

Ta Zap. This is an eminent mod. But I'd really like to build SoL without having to go 'liberal'. That said...... You're the boss. It's your mod. So I can just live without the good lady and sulk if you say so......

Top Bottom