Votes: 11 68.8%
  • No, pointless

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • *Insert random witty radioactive monkey option here*

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

Ciceronian

Latin Scholar
I would like to suggest a new feature for the buddy list. If it wouldn't cause too much trouble to implement, I think it would be a useful feature.

The green light in the buddy list will always go on when one of your buddies are online. If they happen to be using invisible mode however, you won't know whether they're online or not. Therefore it would be a neat thing if when you added someone to your buddy list, they would be notified and asked to confirm it. If they did so, you would see whether they're online or not at a given moment in your buddy list even if they're using invisible mode.

This suggestion comes because I know a few people from CFC in real life too. Often I will check whether they are online to find out whether they are at home / at a computer. However, a couple of them have started using invisible mode due to some annoyances caused by everyone seeing whether they were online and what forum they were currently viewing. I therefore wasn't able to use the buddy list as before anymore.

What do people think about this? Would it be a useful thing to have?

Can you not use some kind of IM instead?

Doesn't seem that useful to me, but then I can see everyone. :)

I don't want people to have to confirm my buddy list because it contains a lot of people that probably dislike me, but I like to know when they're online.

It's sorta my "enemies tab".

I don't think the idea is bad, but it definitely is not a must. I always think that the buddy list can use some kind of improvement.

Perfection: All you have to do is scroll down to currently active users and subtract yourself.

If you want to include inactive enemies, look at the members list.

Perfection: All you have to do is scroll down to currently active users and subtract yourself.

If you want to include inactive enemies, look at the members list.
Bah! I can think of at least three members who like me! :smug:

It would make stalking easier.

Use Yahoo Messenger or some other IM program. It's a bit easier.

cant you just look at the bottom where it lists everyone online?

^
Everyone but invisible users. Which is what the OP wants to see for buddies/mates.

why does anyone bother with invisible mode?

To hide the fact that they are looking around the babe thread a bit too much. :mischief:

failed at being spies so over compensating?

As a former (and failed) spy I can confirm this.

As many of the people I used to have at my buddy-list now roam CFC in invisible mode I ditched the whole thing.

why does anyone bother with invisible mode?
I know Mods love to use the Invisymode to strike on unsuspecting posters. :scared:

I would like to know when some of my friends who have activated invisi mode are on, but I don't get bent out of shape about it. I just shoot them a PM, they are fairly prompt with their returns.

Doesn't DoM do that Turner? Think he has "The Quiet Moderator" somewhere in his profile. I don't know. I just know that it tends to keep one on their toes when they do this.

I know Mods love to use the Invisymode to strike on unsuspecting posters. :scared:
I haven't used the cloaking mode in the last 2 years and I certainly don't want to be bothered with the irritant of 'striking down on unsuspecting posters'. :p

It's just you. :p

I would like to know when some of my friends who have activated invisi mode are on, but I don't get bent out of shape about it. I just shoot them a PM, they are fairly prompt with their returns.

Doesn't DoM do that Turner? Think he has "The Quiet Moderator" somewhere in his profile. I don't know. I just know that it tends to keep one on their toes when they do this.

Yeah, Duke does. Obviously, so do I. :mischief:

To hide the fact that they are looking around the babe thread a bit too much. :mischief:
That has never stopped me.

Generally I feel that only moderators should have this ability, or even remove it.

I use invisible mode mainly because often while I might be here, I might not really be here. :)
I don't want to give the impression that I'm checking things when I'm not.

Top Bottom