BUFFY & HOF Mod Releases

I nearly tried that anyway ... but didn't for some reason. Thanks so much. I found it all :D

There is a reminder when the game first starts, as you said, but it says something about "customising the Mod" which sounds more drastic than setting options, so I ignored it :blush:

MapFinder command has changed, which explains why it didn't fire up. It's now alt-ctl-g.

Fascinating range of stuff - it's going to take a while to get used to all this!

Thanks again for your help Denniz :thanx:

I'd just like to add my congratulations to the others that are appearing here, and those that will surely appear over the coming days. BUFFY is excellent! So much information, and well presented too.
I hadn't been aware of BUG, so this came as a bigger bonus to me than to those who had already tried that.
I finally installed the 3.19 patch over the weekend, having held off waiting for the matching HOF mod. Went ahead with BUFFY immediately, of course and straight away felt that I was playing a different game - but with the same gameplay.

I did suffer from a couple of the same 'idiosyncracies' reported here - but these were entirely my fault (civ ini file still trying to start HOF mod, and wondering where my HOF options had gone - until I started a game and saw the 'reminder'). One small weirdety remains. I was running a Nvidia PC monitor in the background one time, and somehow it stopped Civ from recognising ALT-CTRL-O! OK when I stopped that prog, tho!

Apart from that, no troubles and a lot of new corners to poke around into - some that I haven't even explored yet. Excellent!

For those that aren't familiar with BUG--and even those that are--it may pay to check out the list of BUG (and Civ) keyboard shortcuts in the Sevopedia (F12). Unfortunately, a few BUG features are only available via the keyboard.

• ALT + G: Regenerated Map
  • ALT + CTRL + G: Start / Stop MapFinder
  • ALT + X: Toggle DotMap (Strategy Layer) Edit Mode
  • CTRL + X: Toggle DotMap Visibility
  • ALT + M: Create a Reminder

ALT + G being regenerte and ALT + CTRL + G being start / stop mapfinder seems dangerous as it is easy to confuse one with the other. Why did dotmap and reminder have to be +X and +M? Couldn't they have been domsething else and leave mapfinder at +M to start and +X to stop?

How do I turn off the flashing "press <insert hotkeys> to see the options" text (if at all possible)? It's very annoying.

That said, good job with the mod. :)

How do I turn off the flashing "press <insert hotkeys> to see the options" text (if at all possible)? It's very annoying.
Its one of the options on the option page.

Found it. For anyone else wondering it's at the top of the "system" section.

ALT + G being regenerte and ALT + CTRL + G being start / stop mapfinder seems dangerous as it is easy to confuse one with the other. Why did dotmap and reminder have to be +X and +M? Couldn't they have been domsething else and leave mapfinder at +M to start and +X to stop?

Because M and X were used for Reminders and DotMap long before MapFinder was added to BUG. And since I added MapFinder to BUG before BUG was used for HOF, the choice was obvious.

While you can modify the hotkeys easily enough in BUG (change an XML text file), it isn't allowed for HOF/XOTM games. I will be moving the hotkeys to options so that they will be in INI files and modifiable in BUFFY. That will hopefully make the next BUFFY release.

It's a checkbox on the System tab of the Options screen. It used to be on the first tab so you'd hopefully see it the first time you hit ALT + CTRL + O, but we ran out of space on that tab. :(

Very excited about this wonderful mod!
My thanks go to all those involved in its creation.

One thing that I have noticed...the prechop mechanism doesn't seem to be working for me.

Just so I understand how it was intended to work.
I do have both prechop options ticked in the menu btw.

You click the chop button (there is no special prechop button right?) then when the chop is one turn from finishing the worker should stop and prompt you to click the chop button once again to finish the chop.

Well this doesn't seem to be happening for me...just wanted to bring it up in case no one has mentioned it yet.

At least early on, as far as I can tell, everything else seems to be working like a charm.

One thing that I have noticed...the prechop mechanism doesn't seem to be working for me.

Unfortunately I finished the prechop feature for BULL (the DLL part of BUFFY) after we were pretty far into testing. We felt it was too risky to add the feature at that time even though I had already added the checkboxes to turn it on/off. It will make it into the next release of BUFFY.

Excellent...just good to know that I wasn't doing anything incorrectly.
Keep up the awesome work!

I made a mistake putting together the HOF-1.74.004 and HOF-2.13.004 installation program. I left out the updated HOFSettings.txt file that had the correct Assets checksums. :blush:

If you have downloaded either HOF-1.74.004 or HOF-2.13.004, please redownload and reinstall.

That will get rid of the Assets don't match warning. Sorry for the inconvienience.

ctrl - alt -o wont work for me :(

The other shortcuts seem to work, but I cant get into the customisation options to change my Mapfinder file path.

ctrl - alt -o wont work for me :(

The other shortcuts seem to work, but I cant get into the customisation options to change my Mapfinder file path.

ALT + X brings up a color palette for placing BFCs in the DotMap tool? This verifies that you definitely have BUFFY running. Do you see any error message when you hit ALT + CTRL + O? Are you absolutely sure you're using Control and not Shift and that those keys do work otherwise?

ALT - X Brings up a colour palette, ALT - O changes the view of the tiles to look flat, CTRL - O brings up the options menu .....

CTRL - ALT - O / ALT - CTRL - O does nothing :(

I havnt played HOF games in ages and wanted to try a Genghis conquest for the current G Major, but I cant Map finder to work to find me a start with horsies + Ivory as I cant change the file path. No HOF options page anywhere :(

ALT + J should also bring up the options (legacy shortcut from Ruff's original mod). Does that work? Eventually we need to figure out what's wrong for you so you can set all the options, but for now you can modify the INI files directly in

C:\...\Beyond the Sword\Mods\BUFFY-3.19.001\UserSettings​

In there is one named MapFinder.ini. Open it in Notepad and change the path manually. Then launch BUFFY and see if ALT + CTRL + G works for you.

As for getting the options screen to work, check out the troubleshooting page for how to start diagnosing the problem.

Thats ok now, I got map finder working through the ini file :)

Everything is working in the Buffy mod except for ctrl - alt - o.

I'll try the troubleshooting when I get time, for now I want to try the HOF games.

Everything is working in the Buffy mod except for ctrl - alt - o.
I mentioned in an earlier post, there does seem to be a possibility of CTRL-ALT-O not being recognised. In my case, I narrowed it down to a monitoring tool that was running in the background. I shut that down and everything worked again.

I had alt G not working debacause it's a shortcut used by bitdefender to toggle gamemode on/off.
There is probably a conflict with some other piece of software already using the shortcut.

I think its bad that the options can only be entered by a shortcut.

Top Bottom