BUFFY & HOF Mod Releases

How do I start the map finder?
Alt+M pops up the reminder dialogue. I tried to uncheck them, but it still pops them up.
All the info on MF says Alt+M is the shortcut key.
The paths in the buffy options menu are correct (MF is in the C:\Program files ...), the civ version in the MF is set correct.
I tried with the program started and not started.

Is it another combination of keys, do I have to install it in (... my documents\my games ...), or am I just :crazyeye: ?

Thanks

How do I start the map finder?
Alt+M pops up the reminder dialogue. I tried to uncheck them, but it still pops them up.
All the info on MF says Alt+M is the shortcut key.
The paths in the buffy options menu are correct (MF is in the C:\Program files ...), the civ version in the MF is set correct.
I tried with the program started and not started.

Is it another combination of keys, do I have to install it in (... my documents\my games ...), or am I just :crazyeye: ?

Thanks
MapFinder control key with BUFFY is "Clt-Alt-G" to turn on and "Sft-Clt-Alt-G" to turn off.

Thank you very much. It works great

Maybe you could add the info in a readme or something.

cheers

I'm pretty sure it's been asked before, but I can't find the answer:
I'm running XP and BTS3.19 (I hope). What do I add to the command line to run HoF straight away?

Thanks again.

Hey Denniz - I recall asking the BUG team quite some time ago if BUFFY would be updated. They responded that there would be a new version of BUFFY. Do you guys have any idea when that might be or what the progress is on bring BUFFY into the 21st Century? ;) thanks

Hey Denniz - I recall asking the BUG team quite some time ago if BUFFY would be updated. They responded that there would be a new version of BUFFY. Do you guys have any idea when that might be or what the progress is on bring BUFFY into the 21st Century? ;) thanks
I recall the posts. Civ5 was occupying a lot of my time then. I would have to check out what they have been doing. And see if my old PC with compiler still works.

Hi

I just recived my "complete install" civ 4. It installed fine on my system (windows 7 32 bit). I patched to 3.17.003 Bts and then moved on to install the Buffy mod. the mod installed without any errors.

The problem start when I try to load the buffy mod. At first I got the screenshot posted by many users "HOF mod error". I then went trough whit the vista/win 7 fixes as sugested.

When I applied the settings, and tries to load the mod. The game reloads and crashes. Every time.

Applied different settings, vanilla, warlord, bts all run on administrator rigths.

The listed steps is all that I have done.

Does anyone have any tips for me?

Hi

I just recived my "complete install" civ 4. It installed fine on my system (windows 7 32 bit). I patched to 3.17.003 Bts and then moved on to install the Buffy mod. the mod installed without any errors.

The problem start when I try to load the buffy mod. At first I got the screenshot posted by many users "HOF mod error". I then went trough whit the vista/win 7 fixes as sugested.

When I applied the settings, and tries to load the mod. The game reloads and crashes. Every time.

Applied different settings, vanilla, warlord, bts all run on administrator rigths.

The listed steps is all that I have done.

Does anyone have any tips for me?
Did you patch vanilla to 1.74? You should patch Vanllia, Warlord and then BTS as BTS shares the Vanilla assets and BTS changes Vanilla and Warlords. You can use the AssetChecker to verify your assets afterwards.

From the Vista\Win7 fixes, match sure you don't use the compatability mode with Win7. That is only needed for Vista and then only if there are performance issues.

Did you patch vanilla to 1.74? You should patch Vanllia, Warlord and then BTS as BTS shares the Vanilla assets and BTS changes Vanilla and Warlords. You can use the AssetChecker to verify your assets afterwards.

From the Vista\Win7 fixes, match sure you don't use the compatability mode with Win7. That is only needed for Vista and then only if there are performance issues.

It also appears that he is not on the latest BTS patch. Shrugging - you need to be on 3.19

Deleted everything, reinstalled. Patched using 'look for updates' in civ 4. then set all .exe to run as admin. installed buffy. Worked ;) thx Denniz!

-ShruggingAtlas

I have an odd problem. I installed mapfinder in a windows 7 machine and it runs fine... but the pictures don't work - they are just of the windows desktop, which I think it just weird.

Any ideas? I often generate a lot of maps over night - it makes it kind of tough.

I have an odd problem. I installed mapfinder in a windows 7 machine and it runs fine... but the pictures don't work - they are just of the windows desktop, which I think it just weird.

Any ideas? I often generate a lot of maps over night - it makes it kind of tough.

Run Civ in windowed mode. I hear that works with Vista and Win7.

I also have this problem since I started using Windows 7. The solution that seems to work for me is to run Civ IV in windowed mode rather than full screen.
There is a setting in the main .ini file which allows you to choose which mode, and I normally set it to ask me at the start of each game:
; Specify whether to play in fullscreen mode 0/1/ask
FullScreen = ask

; Specify whether to play in fullscreen mode 0/1/ask
FullScreen = ask

The best work around for this issue is as AgedOne mentioned above (I'll add the following more detailed description):

BtS will start up with a requester asking whether to run in Full Screen (custom screen) mode or in a normal window on the MS Windows Desktop.

You will normally request FullScreen mode when you plan to play a game.

You must select Windowed mode when you plan to run MapFinder instead. While doing so, you may want the BtS window maximized, so it looks close to being full screen.

Sun Tzu Wu

Can't get my Warlords to run on Win7, even though Vanila and Bts run. I did the file permissions, then ran assets checker and got this dump:
Spoiler :
Vanilla Files - Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* * * Vanilla: No Errors were found * * *

Warlords Files - Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warlords: PublicMaps\Mirror.py <-- Error: Files do not Match

* * * Warlords: 1 Errors have been found * * *

BTS Files - Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword
BTS: Shaders\FX\Civ4Bloom.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\Civ4FlagDecal.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\Civ4LeaderheadShader.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\Civ4Mech.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\Civ4SkinningTeamColor.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\Civ4TorusFur.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\Civ4Wave.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\ComputeCiv4Lighting.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\ContourShader.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\CultureBorderShader.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\Decal.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\PeakHill.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\PerPixelLighting.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\PlotIndicator.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\River.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\Route.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\Symbols.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\Terrain_SplatTile.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\TreeShader.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\Water.fx <-- Error: Not Found

* * * BTS: 20 Errors have been found * * *

* * * 21 Errors have been found * * *
Now what? Btw, my vanilla and Bts run fine. (As far as I can tell.)

I think there is a Shaders/FX assets folder you can download from the hof site.

EDIT: checked, it's under Mod/assets checker ... look for "download"

Can't get my Warlords to run on Win7, even though Vanila and Bts run. I did the file permissions, then ran assets checker and got this dump:
Spoiler :
Vanilla Files - Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4

* * * Vanilla: No Errors were found * * *

Warlords Files - Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords
Warlords: PublicMaps\Mirror.py <-- Error: Files do not Match

* * * Warlords: 1 Errors have been found * * *

BTS Files - Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword
BTS: Shaders\FX\Civ4Bloom.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\Civ4FlagDecal.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\Civ4LeaderheadShader.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\Civ4Mech.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\Civ4SkinningTeamColor.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\Civ4TorusFur.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\Civ4Wave.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\ComputeCiv4Lighting.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\ContourShader.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\CultureBorderShader.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\Decal.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\PeakHill.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\PerPixelLighting.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\PlotIndicator.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\River.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\Route.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\Symbols.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\Terrain_SplatTile.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\TreeShader.fx <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Shaders\FX\Water.fx <-- Error: Not Found

* * * BTS: 20 Errors have been found * * *

* * * 21 Errors have been found * * *
Now what? Btw, my vanilla and Bts run fine. (As far as I can tell.)

replied to your post in the GOTM thread.

(It was the Mirror.py script if anyone was interested. The copy I posted didn't work so it look like re-install time. :sad: )

The mod is working alright for me but no matter what, my games are not valid for HOF because of the following:

"The assets are different from a standard install. Please contact the HOF staff."

I've already tried reinstalling the game as well as the mod and clearing away all CustomAssets. BTS is patched to 3.19.

The mod is working alright for me but no matter what, my games are not valid for HOF because of the following:

"The assets are different from a standard install. Please contact the HOF staff."

I've already tried reinstalling the game as well as the mod and clearing away all CustomAssets. BTS is patched to 3.19.
Did you patch Vanilla to 1.74? BTS shares some assets from the original version.

You need to patch to 1.74 before install BTS 3.19 as it alters the vanilla assets as well. (Warlords 2.13 is the same thing.)

There is an AssetChecker program you can try if everything is patched properly.

Top Bottom