BUFFY & HOF Mod Releases

Please (pleaseeeeeeeeee) add a keyboard shortcut that can easily mark a square on the map.
No need - there is one in the game already ... Alt-S.

No need - there is one in the game already ... Alt-S.

OMG - thank you so much!

Of course, clicking and naming the sign are still 2 extra moves we could potentially save.
Therefor, I still wish there was a checkbox for auto signing the huts once they are visible.. it would make civving start easier.

My PC recently got hosed and I needed to reload everything. Since then, I've noticed several occassions where Mapfinder is miscounting resources. Attached is an example. The count shows 2 gold, the screencap shows 3.

Did I mess something up reinstalling?

mapfinder counting.jpg

My PC recently got hosed and I needed to reload everything. Since then, I've noticed several occassions where Mapfinder is miscounting resources. Attached is an example. The count shows 2 gold, the screencap shows 3.

Did I mess something up reinstalling?

View attachment 312290
I wouldn't think so but reinstalling the mod and checking that folder permissions are updated correctly per the Vista\Win7 fixes.

It seems really unlikely that the install could have messed it up that specifically, but anything's possible. Does MapFinder normally count all visible resources--even those outside the BFC you'd get if you settled in place?

Does MapFinder normally count all visible resources--even those outside the BFC you'd get if you settled in place?

Very good, this is it. In the rule builder within mapfinder, you can set the test range. It seems to default to 3, I used to have it set on 999.

Thanks!

BTW, said it before, will say it again. Buffy/BUG is outstanding! Makes the game so much easier to play... I really miss it on those rare occassions where I go back to Vanilla or Warlords.

arrrgh!!! I know I've inquired about updating BUFFY a few times in the past, but the mod is really starting to grate on me. The performance and bugs seem to get worse the better the computer i have.

The latest bug that I get frequently, is that when I have a stack selected, it does not show the units in the stack except for one. The units are there, but you just can't see them or select them. This can happen shortly after I start a game or some time later. Very annoying bug as it's difficult to select units. Has anyone had this issue?

Anyway, I'd really like to see BUFFY get an overhaul soon.

The latest bug that I get frequently, is that when I have a stack selected, it does not show the units in the stack except for one. The units are there, but you just can't see them or select them. This can happen shortly after I start a game or some time later. Very annoying bug as it's difficult to select units. Has anyone had this issue?
There are three unit display options supplied with BUG / BUFFY ...
  • Vanilla - ie normal, unmodded game
  • PLE - this enables the various options to show / hide different unit types, injured / healthy, etc ... the code is as ugly as all get out and I for one will not be doing anything to it ever again
  • BUG - this is new(ish) and has been optimized for speed when dealing with large stacks. When you turn on all the BUG / BUFFY goodies, the screen refresh time does take a beating - there are a few known issues with this display method (usually when you mass-unload a boat) but they can be easily fixed by opening a city and closing it again

I have some questions but don't know whether this is the right place:
1/ There's an option of "Test range" in MF's Rule builder. I wonder if it will make MF search all the tiles in the specified radius included fogged tiles, or only visible tiles?
2/ I'd like to include all of those wonderful enhancements from HOF to my mod (which literally means copy the entire HOF directory ), except the feature of checking whether the game is eligible for submission or not. Then what files should I delete or modify to achieve that?

I have some questions but don't know whether this is the right place:
1/ There's an option of "Test range" in MF's Rule builder. I wonder if it will make MF search all the tiles in the specified radius included fogged tiles, or only visible tiles?
2/ I'd like to include all of those wonderful enhancements from HOF to my mod (which literally means copy the entire HOF directory ), except the feature of checking whether the game is eligible for submission or not. Then what files should I delete or modify to achieve that?

1) Map Finder only knows about completely visible plots. So, only visible plots in the specified range will be counted in each start.

2) The HOF (BUFFY for Beyond the Sword) is an exclusive mod (can't be run with any other mod). However, BUG does have many of the same features as BUFFY and it can be run with other modules, but it is limited to Beyond the Sword. BUFFY/BUG is developed by the same development team.

Sun Tzu Wu

Oh I meant the 1.74 HOF. Can I modify it to get rid of the 'checking' feature? Actually I've tried merging it with my mod, and it runs smoothly, the only problem is that I don't know what file to modify.

1) Map Finder only knows about completely visible plots. So, only visible plots in the specified range will be counted in each start.
After giving it a second thought, I realize that your answer has a flaw and the MF may know about black tile. Because there's an option of 999 in the 'Test range' to choose, and that must be for the whole map - which means MF can search all tiles of the specified radius regardless of revealed or not, right?

After giving it a second thought, I realize that your answer has a flaw and the MF may know about black tile. Because there's an option of 999 in the 'Test range' to choose, and that must be for the whole map - which means MF can search all tiles of the specified radius regardless of revealed or not, right?

I use range 999 a lot; only revealed tiles (plots) are counted; what is in unrevealed plots remains hidden.

Sun Tzu Wu

Admit it Denniz, you're WastinTime and you programmed the mapfinder to give you information that's not available to others! ;) ;P

Admit it Denniz, you're WastinTime and you programmed the mapfinder to give you information that's not available to others! ;) ;P
I am afraid that my Civ4 capabilities are well documented in the HOF. Nobody could mistake my meager efforts for WastinTime's. :sad:

Pah. That's only camouflage. The real truth is very clear, you call yourself Denniz, which is the first name of your nick, and your last name is WastinTime. Others might not notice, but this makes the sentence "Den iz Wastin Time" , in your signature, the colors are read, blue, green, purple and brown, which all can be found in WastinTimes Avatar. There is even higher evidence here, as WastinTime's Avatar is a dog, now everybody can ask yourself, why is "Denniz Wastin Time for HOF Games", if he has no skill? Because 999, the test-range of Mapfinder in real is 666, the number of the devil, and now look at WastinTime's join date, it's January, which is 6 months before Juli, he joined in 2006 and and has completed 6 of 6 EQM challenges! No if this isn't convincing yet, then why does Denniz have 8911 posts, while WastinTime has got 2746? Because 8911 * 2746 is 24469606!

I'd say, it's clear now, Denniz is very evil, he is WastinTime's account For playing stupidly, so that nobody can Refer to his foul cheating!

As this is a major complot, I propose to give the title of Deity EQM only to people having scored more than 2M of points on a Huge Marathon Deity map, is anybody against this so I can discriminate / make fun of him / ignore him?

Sera

Don't Drink and Post.
:lol:
Ok so here's another question. Does the MF see resources that are invisible tech-wise? For example, can it find Aluminum in the Ancient era?

Top Bottom