Bug Report (English)

I've started to play a game myself now. Here my current results:

- metal casting too expansive -> comes too late -> reduce costs to 200
- iron working too expansive -> comes too late -> reduce costs to 200
- should get free promotion medic1 from cure ->so free promotion medic2 from red cross
- bonus bug :mad: -> when conquering a city manufactured bonuses may increase without a reason / new routes can do the same -> bug found and fixed :smug:

Once again it was a good idea to play a game myself.

You can call me an idiot. I forgot to save two of the new city vectors that are very important for the bonus calculations. :wallbash: As a result the game is destroyed when you save and load it. The needed information is lost. Expect a new version soon. Good side effect - the code is faster now.

I was wondering whether my constant quicksaving/loading had anything to do with the still occuring resource multiplication, because more often than not I couldn't find any reason for it (like building a road).
But in the two attached savegames it appears to be a road build by my opponent (I think the blue one... was it Khmer?). Played it with CCV 4.30 btw.
Not sure if this is now resolved, but I thought it would be better to report it anyway.

Oh and happy New Year! :D

Attachments

• Bonta BC-0910.CivBeyondSwordSave
    351.7 KB · Views: 91
  • Bonta BC-0920.CivBeyondSwordSave
    350.7 KB · Views: 89
I was wondering whether my constant quicksaving/loading had anything to do with the still occuring resource multiplication, because more often than not I couldn't find any reason for it (like building a road).
But in the two attached savegames it appears to be a road build by my opponent (I think the blue one... was it Khmer?). Played it with CCV 4.30 btw.
Not sure if this is now resolved, but I thought it would be better to report it anyway.

Oh and happy New Year! :D

The resource multiplication is an effect of the missing vectors. Those vectors store the number of consumed and manufactured bonuses. Lets say a city has a forge and iron. So the manufactured city vector should be set to 1 manufactured iron weapon for example and one iron weapon is added to the city network. If you save your game now and reload it the game has forgotten that the city has already produced one iron weapon for the network and with next resource update it will produce a new one. As a result the forge has now produced two iron weapons. And the first one cannot be removed anymore because the game has also forgotten were it came from. That's the reason why you saw 5/10/15/20/... weapons from 5 forges in the network. And updates can be called from very, very many different events like a new road, improvement, tech, trades... ! It doesn't matter if it is your new route. Should be solved but thanks for the report.

:)

I posted this in the regular Civ 4 Modpacks forum..decided I would put it here also.

Going through this game once, I've noticed a few things that might be needed.

In the modern era of the game, I actually went quite a long time before I could even build an airplane, tank, or even modern soldier. I was using riflemen so I think this took all the "rifles" resources. It took me quite a while to build all the resource buildings in my cities so I could make more of these units.

At the same time, I could make musketmen and longswordsmen since I had plenty of muskets and iron weapons left (thought iron weapons went obsolete at some point).

I think what maybe needed here is a "baseline" unit that doesnt require resources, is strong enough to defend your county, but too weak to send out as an attacker. Archers and Longbowmen seem to fill in pretty well for the stone age and medival periods. I thnk you need something like them for the renaissance, industrial, modern, and future eras. My thought was maybe make this "baseline" troop like 40% of the strength of the strongest unit for that era. Then, give it a special promotion like +100% strength in cultural borders so they can attack and defend competively, but be too weak to attack another nation.

This would allow units like the mustketmen and longswordsmen to go obsolete and not clutter up the city build options.

This was the only thing that really held me back in my other game since I made the "advanced" units, but gave them defensive promotions to protect my empire. This left very little left for an attacking army.

Even if this is intended, this mod is very good. Keep up the goold work and I'll keep checking for any other updates or ideas.

Howdy and Happy New Year! :beer:

I've been a long time lurker and finally decided to download this mod and try it out. I ran into a few error messages during the installation process (see pics). At first, I thought my installation file was corrupt, so I downloaded it again. Unfortunately, I kept getting the same errors. The only way to proceed with the installation from the error messages is to click "Ignore". Clicking "Retry" results in the same error message and "Abort" stops the installation.

During game play I've noticed that my units don't display all the promotions available to them. For instance, my warriors will show Woodsman I, but not Woodsman II and Woodsman III. The desert, tundra, and jungle terrain promotions are not listed at all. This really sucked as I was hoping to get my exploring warrior special terrain promotions.

I plan on still playing some more to familiarize myself with the mod. I can get the desired promotions via WB, but that just seems wrong. This is a great mod from what I've seen so far. Kudos to all involved. :goodjob:

Howdy and Happy New Year! :beer:

Happy New Year! :)

I've been a long time lurker and finally decided to download this mod and try it out. I ran into a few error messages during the installation process (see pics). At first, I thought my installation file was corrupt, so I downloaded it again. Unfortunately, I kept getting the same errors. The only way to proceed with the installation from the error messages is to click "Ignore". Clicking "Retry" results in the same error message and "Abort" stops the installation.

Okay. As it seems the file that you can download from AtomicGamer is damaged. But all defective files are absolutly unimportant for you. Just ignore them. It's okay.

During game play I've noticed that my units don't display all the promotions available to them. For instance, my warriors will show Woodsman I, but not Woodsman II and Woodsman III. The desert, tundra, and jungle terrain promotions are not listed at all. This really sucked as I was hoping to get my exploring warrior special terrain promotions.

This is no bug! This is a feature! :D You are playing with the optional component Terrain Tactics. If you don't like it you can disable it in the CCV options. Use the new game option button (upper left side) or Ctrl+Alt+O and open the folder OPTIONAL.

I'll upload CCV 4.35 today. The new version is very similar to 4.33. I've just fixed the bonus requirements for early mounted units (added copper/iron), added some early greek unit art and installed two new code speed improvements. Maybe they will help us.

I've tested it on a M map and with normal game speed (500 turns). No Revolutions, but BarbCiv enabled. Run an AI autoplay game until turn 300. The last turns times were between 1:20 and 1:30 for a single turn on my machine. Did the same with a S map. Good game speed here too. And I hope that there are no more the reported massive delays very 5-6 turns.

Somehow the Quest Classic Literature does not finish, it says I have to build 16 Monasteries, I've already got 21. :S
(Is it maybe because I have Organized Religion and not 16 State Religion Monasteries?)

Resources work good so far, but Stable removes Horses and you can thus only have one Riding Horse.

Somehow the Quest Classic Literature does not finish, it says I have to build 16 Monasteries, I've already got 21. :S
(Is it maybe because I have Organized Religion and not 16 State Religion Monasteries?)

I'll try to test it.

Resources work good so far, but Stable removes Horses and you can thus only have one Riding Horse.

:) Was intentional. The stable transforms horses into riding horses like a smelting works transforms iron into steel at the moment. Should we change it so that the stable produces riding horses like a forge weapons from copper and iron? Maybe not bad! That would make a good difference between horses and elephants. :)

Umm, never mind. x)
I imagined that I had more than one Horse and that those additional Horses wouldn't show up or be transformed... but while spelling that out I wondered whether I really had more than one Horse.... turns out I didn't.. and additional Horses are correctly transformed into Riding Horses until you have as many as you have Stables. :)
So everything's fine.

There is still a connection to libraries for this event I didn't notice in .../Community Civ V/Assets/Python/EntryPoints/CvRandomEventInterface.py

def canTriggerClassicLiteratureDone(argsList): should look like this:

PHP:
def canTriggerClassicLiteratureDone(argsList):
	kTriggeredData = argsList[0]
	trigger = gc.getEventTriggerInfo(kTriggeredData.eTrigger)
	player = gc.getPlayer(kTriggeredData.ePlayer)

iNumMonasteriesHave = 0
	iMonastery = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getBuildingClassInfo, gc.getNumBuildingClassInfos(), 'BUILDINGCLASS_JEWISH_MONASTERY')
	iNumMonasteriesHave += player.getBuildingClassCount(iMonastery)
	iMonastery = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getBuildingClassInfo, gc.getNumBuildingClassInfos(), 'BUILDINGCLASS_CHRISTIAN_MONASTERY')
	iMonastery = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getBuildingClassInfo, gc.getNumBuildingClassInfos(), 'BUILDINGCLASS_ISLAMIC_MONASTERY')
	iMonastery = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getBuildingClassInfo, gc.getNumBuildingClassInfos(), 'BUILDINGCLASS_HINDU_MONASTERY')
	iMonastery = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getBuildingClassInfo, gc.getNumBuildingClassInfos(), 'BUILDINGCLASS_BUDDHIST_MONASTERY')
	iMonastery = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getBuildingClassInfo, gc.getNumBuildingClassInfos(), 'BUILDINGCLASS_CONFUCIAN_MONASTERY')
	iMonastery = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getBuildingClassInfo, gc.getNumBuildingClassInfos(), 'BUILDINGCLASS_TAOIST_MONASTERY')

iBuildingsRequired = gc.getWorldInfo(gc.getMap().getWorldSize()).getDefaultPlayers()
	if iBuildingsRequired > iNumMonasteriesHave:
		return false

return true

If you remove the old code and itroduce the code from above it should be done. You can do it for your running game. Will cause no trouble.

Hi there!

This has been a great first game so far with 4.35. However after this turn the program quits to the desktop saying that something was wrong. Can you check it please? I am using Windows7.

Thank a lot in advance,
Tofe

Attachments

• Tofe AD-0940.CivBeyondSwordSave
    245.9 KB · Views: 100
Hi there!

This has been a great first game so far with 4.35. However after this turn the program quits to the desktop saying that something was wrong. Can you check it please? I am using Windows7.

Thank a lot in advance,
Tofe

Oh. And I thought that the CTD I saw yesterday during a test came from the new code I added since 4.35. Seems as if I have to go back to an earlier version. :(

There is still a connection to libraries for this event I didn't notice in .../Community Civ V/Assets/Python/EntryPoints/CvRandomEventInterface.py

def canTriggerClassicLiteratureDone(argsList): should look like this:

PHP:
def canTriggerClassicLiteratureDone(argsList):
	kTriggeredData = argsList[0]
	trigger = gc.getEventTriggerInfo(kTriggeredData.eTrigger)
	player = gc.getPlayer(kTriggeredData.ePlayer)

iNumMonasteriesHave = 0
	iMonastery = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getBuildingClassInfo, gc.getNumBuildingClassInfos(), 'BUILDINGCLASS_JEWISH_MONASTERY')
	iMonastery = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getBuildingClassInfo, gc.getNumBuildingClassInfos(), 'BUILDINGCLASS_CHRISTIAN_MONASTERY')
	iMonastery = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getBuildingClassInfo, gc.getNumBuildingClassInfos(), 'BUILDINGCLASS_ISLAMIC_MONASTERY')
	iMonastery = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getBuildingClassInfo, gc.getNumBuildingClassInfos(), 'BUILDINGCLASS_HINDU_MONASTERY')
	iMonastery = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getBuildingClassInfo, gc.getNumBuildingClassInfos(), 'BUILDINGCLASS_BUDDHIST_MONASTERY')
	iMonastery = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getBuildingClassInfo, gc.getNumBuildingClassInfos(), 'BUILDINGCLASS_CONFUCIAN_MONASTERY')
	iMonastery = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getBuildingClassInfo, gc.getNumBuildingClassInfos(), 'BUILDINGCLASS_TAOIST_MONASTERY')

iBuildingsRequired = gc.getWorldInfo(gc.getMap().getWorldSize()).getDefaultPlayers()
	if iBuildingsRequired > iNumMonasteriesHave:
		return false

return true

If you remove the old code and itroduce the code from above it should be done. You can do it for your running game. Will cause no trouble.

Great, thanks! :D
Worked like a charm.

Oh. And I thought that the CTD I saw yesterday during a test came from the new code I added since 4.35. Seems as if I have to go back to an earlier version. :(

And another one :sad:

During the game I was asked to complete the quest for the 7 monasteries, which I did build, but there was no recognition.
And suddenly in the middle ages, just like the other it crashed.

Save attached.

Which is the last version without these kind of bugs?

Thanks,
Tofe

Attachments

• Lakeiron AD-0660.CivBeyondSwordSave
    224 KB · Views: 95
And another one :sad:

During the game I was asked to complete the quest for the 7 monasteries, which I did build, but there was no recognition.

See the fix from above.

And suddenly in the middle ages, just like the other it crashed.

Save attached.

Which is the last version without these kind of bugs?

Thanks,
Tofe

If I knew it would be easy to fix the bug. But I have no idea what is happening. The debug DLL gives me no hint. I see no mistake in the code and I see no schema.

Today something strange happened. I went back to version 4.29H, and after some turns it did the same. Quit and error message. Then I reloaded to produce a save before the error, but next time it did not do it. So I play and fingers crossed...

Top Bottom