Bug Report (English)

Good news! It's done. I've found the bug that crashed so many games. So the release of 4.36 could be near. :whew: Going to do some more test games.

Hello Thomas, recently I have started to play your mod. Moved out from ROM AND. As we found it to be a bit slow in multiplayer. I am just wondering when do you plan to relase next version of your mod, as I have free weekend :).

Nice job anyway, I hope you will keep up a good work, as this seems to be one of the few ones which are regulary updated lately. And you do not end up with loads of stuff as ROM.

Is it intended that improvements on top of a forest next to a river don't get the river commerce bonus?
Also doing Blockade or sometimes when building roads the game will freeze for quite some time (about 10min on XXL with 20 civs, 165 cities overall, early Industrial) using 100% of the cpu it's running on. What is it calculating? Really makes you think twice before blocking anyone. :D

To Mr. S.G. Thomas:
I wish to thank you for this wonderful mod and the interest with which you continue to sustain its improvements. I am sure that we may test your patience with our demands in the guise of requests. Having prepared you now, I am letting the other shoe drop...
Is there any way you could add a button that reduces the graphics so that my PC does not slow down? I looked through the configuration file and could not find any information regarding this. If you plan on including such a button during the set-up / installation in the next version, I can wait. Such a provison can be found in the mod Legends of Revolution by Phungus. Thanking you in advance.
Kuppai

The immigration component is really beginning to irritate me.

Every turn, all of my pop flees to the Vikings, which are minor, so are at war with everyone, worse off then me, and also have rebels spawning all over, which then come into my territory for some reason. And yet, my entire population has flowed into this city. wtf!?

On another note, the units gaining exp thing is neat, but could it be changed such that if they have a mission, it waits until the mission is done before alerting me? Its annoying to have to remember where every unit was going/what is was doing every time I settle a GG.

So THATS where those ridiculously big cities came from.... noticed a few of those on the AI side... but could never figure out how they did it.

When loading 4.36, i get two error messages while XML initialising.

I get no error messages with 4.35.

Very interesting Mod btw. I've discovered CCV yesterday.
I was looking for a good one after i've experienced CiV-disappointment.
Thx for CCV!

If I had only looked in here ealier:

I downloaded the version 4.36 at Atomic Gamer and I have the following issues:

1) I get tje exact same error as canicula23
2) I started a Large Map (Smart Map Script), playing against 10 other Civs and once the game started the were a whole lot of tribal villages. 8 out of 10 gave me technologies, while the other 2 gave me gold. Perhaps it depends on the difficulty level (which is Noble), but I never had that much technological advance through tv's in Beyond the Sword.
3) I researched Polytheism and teched to Monotheism ... interestingly Judaism was researched but never opened up. Once I got Meditation I only could convert to Hinduism and Buddhism but not Judaism as this religion didn't seem to be unlocked.

I start the game in Admin mode, tried re-installing and used the short cut as well as first starting BtS and then loading it out of the running game.

Another question: How Multiplayer stable is this mod?

Bad luck :(
I have the same error message, and all 4 games I tried to start crashed to desktop before 2200BC. Seems that new random seed on reload works 3 times out of 4.

I've checked the original installer on my HDD. This file is okay. No problems after installation. Maybe the file became damaged between upload and download. I don't know. I'm uploading to MegaUpload at the moment and will also upload it to RS and AG again.

The goodies and chances are not touched. No changes here. But yes, the result depends on the difficulty level.

The religions are controlled by RevDCM code. And as I can see in posts over there they still got some trouble with it. We will have to wait till they can solve the problems. But please make sure that this no intentional effect of the "Limited Religions" component. Please check the settings before game start in the custom game and your in-game settings too. There is a new optional rule exception. Please have a look at the "OPTIONAL" tab.

I've got nearly no MultiPlayer feedback. And I can't test it myself. So it would be nice if you could try it. All I know is that you can play CCV in MP. Maybe you will have some OOS but after a reload and if you clear the cache it should be fine. RevDCM is fine for MP these days and so CCV is it too.

EDIT: Running a test with a M map at the moment.

I've tried every uploaded 4.36A.

While installing i get the following error which can be ignored by me.

And i get the XML error messages when loading 4.36A. They are a little bit different than the two i got with 4.36.

I've also tried to delete the CCV folder in the Mods folder. There is nothing left anyway when CCV was uninstalled before.
But i've also deleted it while the mod was installed and reinstalled the mod.
And i did a complete Civ IV reinstall.

No positive result.

Still...i can switch to 4.35 without any problems.(uninstall 4.36(A) , install 4.35, play)

And i don't think the reason is a "leftover of an old file". (Because 4.36 was the first version i've ever installed)

And even if AngelGabriel played into mid-game without any problems...i think i'm gonna start a 4.35 game. I don't wanna risk my next game.

(btw. I'm using 64bit WIN7 and i've discovered that i don't get the XML-Errors when loading the mod in WINXPSP3-compatibility. But this XP-mode slows down every loading process significantly so i did not investigate it further.)

I've tried every uploaded 4.36A.

While installing i get the following error which can be ignored by me.

And i get the XML error messages when loading 4.36A. They are a little bit different than the two i got with 4.36.

I've also tried to delete the CCV folder in the Mods folder. There is nothing left anyway when CCV was uninstalled before.
But i've also deleted it while the mod was installed and reinstalled the mod.
And i did a complete Civ IV reinstall.

No positive result.

Still...i can switch to 4.35 without any problems.(uninstall 4.36(A) , install 4.35, play)

And i don't think the reason is a "leftover of an old file". (Because 4.36 was the first version i've ever installed)

And even if AngelGabriel played into mid-game without any problems...i think i'm gonna start a 4.35 game. I don't wanna risk my next game.

(btw. I'm using 64bit WIN7 and i've discovered that i don't get the XML-Errors when loading the mod in WINXPSP3-compatibility. But this XP-mode slows down every loading process significantly so i did not investigate it further.)

If you don't wanna risk your game don't play 4.35! Have a look at the Readme. I've fixed a lot of critical bugs since 4.35. But why you got trouble from 64bit is a miracle to me. I'll search for a difference.

I get the same 2 odd XML errors as the others with 36b.

Also, 3 of the RFC maps are complaining about missing variables. 1 expects CIVILIZATION_SUMERIA to be available and the other 2 expects GAMEOPTION_BARBARIAN_CIV, GAMEOPTION_TECH_DIFFUSION and GAMEOPTION_REVOLUTION but can't find any of them (only the RFC Clean map has no issues).

I get the same 2 odd XML errors as the others with 36b.

And still don't know why. I see no difference.

Also, 3 of the RFC maps are complaining about missing variables. 1 expects CIVILIZATION_SUMERIA to be available and the other 2 expects GAMEOPTION_BARBARIAN_CIV, GAMEOPTION_TECH_DIFFUSION and GAMEOPTION_REVOLUTION but can't find any of them (only the RFC Clean map has no issues).

CIVILIZATION_SUMERIA is no more part of CCV. So I'll removed this map. GAMEOPTION_BARBARIAN_CIV, GAMEOPTION_TECH_DIFFUSION and GAMEOPTION_REVOLUTION have been changed to negative versions GAMEOPTION_NO_XY. So I'll remove this maps too or somebody has to tell me how to modify maps. I've got no idea.

And still don't know why. I see no difference.

Maybe the problem is the CvGameCoreDLL.dll.

Because I've installed 4.35 and had a separate folder with 4.36.
I compared the two folders with WinDiff and then I copied every updated file from 4.36 to the installed 4.35 and started the game stepwise.

With one exception I was able to copy all files without getting a XML error message.

But as soon as I replaced the 4.35 CvGameCoreDLL.dll with the 4.36.dll and started the game, I got those two xml-errors.

Edit: If i install 4.36 and replace the CvGameCoreDLL.dll with 4.35.dll i can load the mod without getting xml-errors.

CIVILIZATION_SUMERIA is no more part of CCV. So I'll removed this map. GAMEOPTION_BARBARIAN_CIV, GAMEOPTION_TECH_DIFFUSION and GAMEOPTION_REVOLUTION have been changed to negative versions GAMEOPTION_NO_XY. So I'll remove this maps too or somebody has to tell me how to modify maps. I've got no idea.
Maps are 100% editable in any text editor - and the problems in question are easy to locate and fix. :)

A few more observations that may or may not be bugs or working as intended:

1) The various Terrain/Feature promotions are only obtainable for units build in cities with the Terrain/Feature in question within cultural range of that city. They are NOT made available after winning battles in corresponding Terrain(s)/Feature(s).

2) Cultural borders are behaving very oddly. When cities increase in cultural level they do not always expand their borders and when they do the borders expands in odd shapes(not the normal cross shape). Also, when cities with no culture are destroyed, the initial range 1 cultural borders remain on the map.

The second one could be a feature of the realistic culture spread thingy ... it emphasizes culture spread on roads and rivers, but limits it on peeks, jungle and the like.

Top Bottom