1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Report (English)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Community Civ V' started by Thomas SG, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Admiral Armada

Admiral Armada The Admiral of Armadas

Whenever a unit of mine is damaged, where it usually says the number of turns, it says 'Cant heal all here' or something similar. It says this no matter where my unit is, even inside my own cities.

2. CyberChrist

CyberChrist You caught my attention

If you could make the updated source code for the newest DLL available for download then I will take a look also - or at least the cpp/h files you changed since 36a. ;)

3. Thomas SG

Thomas SG CCV-designer

Thank you. :) Also in the name of my team. :shifty: Team? :shifty: NO_TEAM. Nobody there... :lol:

The typo is in my signature or lets better say it's not up to date. It's the 4.38 DLL. Have a look at the red text in the database.

No, and I fear the slow down doesn't come from the art.

4. KuppaiSaheb

KuppaiSaheb Chieftain

Thank you Mr. Thomas ...
    .... impressed that this magnitude of work is driven by ONE person.
    I will download the 4.38 dll version.
    Thanks again to your fortitude.
    Kuppai

5. I_am_sin7

I_am_sin7 Warlord

This mod looks like a lot of fun, but whenever i start a save I get an endless stream of failed autolog notifications that make it almost impossible to see any other notifications :S

6. Admiral Armada

Admiral Armada The Admiral of Armadas

Run as admin should solve that.

7. sivsta

sivsta Chieftain

4.40b

Noticed this after one of my turns:

Attached Files:

8. sivsta

sivsta Chieftain

Thomas,

The single biggest issue I have seen when playing MP is the Out of Sync errors generated. They've been consistent since I have been playing.(from 4.29-4.40b) Most of the time when founding a city, this is triggered. Occasionally we will see it when a wonder is built too. All screens generate the red OOS message.

It is profoundly annoying, and the best method we have of temporarily resolving this is to save the game, clear the custom assets folder, and reload from lobby.

If there is anything you can do to help, it would be greatly appreciated.

9. Clifton III

Clifton III Chieftain

My friends and I have tried multiplayer but we get the out of sync as soon as the game starts. Then when anyone besides the host (we play using direct IP addresses and Hamachi) founds their first city a line of white circles with 138 in them appears across the screen and we get a dozen or more popups about having a religion appearing and do we want to convert. This makes me think the problem lies somewhere in the Settler Religion module.

We are using 4.40b currently but it has happened in any version we have tried.
    We are able to play the game normally single-player this is only a multiplayer issue.
    We play the vanilla game multiplayer without this issue.

Your mod is excellent and we look forward to its continued evolution, thanks for giving us an alternative to that other civ V :)

10. Halforc

Halforc Chieftain

Hi all,

I've just started playing this mod and I love it. Having played several other Mods, I always play with the option to have barbarian cities form into civs. This feature allows a newly formed 'barbarian' civ to form with a great horde of chariots, axeman etc. However, with the Community Civ 5 mod I was disapointed to note that the Zulus formed on my borders with only one worker and one scout. They were destroyed one turn later.

Is that usual? Is there an option to make the newly formed Civs to spawn with more units?

Thanks

11. sivsta

sivsta Chieftain

Because mod options can't be changed in MP, I would normally set these when starting a custom game. I was going to test your theory, but couldn't locate the "settler religion" option. :(

12. Clifton III

Clifton III Chieftain

Settler Religion can only be enabled/disabled through the ctrl+alt+o menu whose options can't be altered in MP as far as I know, only a warning appears in mp not the checkboxes. I believe it is set to on by default, I wonder if you start a single player game and turn it off will that setting still be off if you then start a multiplayer game?

13. Thomas SG

Thomas SG CCV-designer

Of course you can change the settings for a MP game. The problem is just that all members have to do exactly the same! That's the reason why MP games use default settings defined in GlobalDefinesAlt.xml (I believe). Could also be the setting RevDCM.xml.

So try to change the value of CCV_SETTLER_RELIGION from 1 to 0 in GlobalDefinesAlt.xml before you start a new MP game. But keep in mind - all settings must be exactly the same on all machines.

Oh, and I've modified the code in between. Would be nice if you could keep a save game with SR enabled to test the new DLL. I'll upload a patch C in the next week.

14. sivsta

sivsta Chieftain

*Duplicate post*

15. sivsta

sivsta Chieftain

We tried modifying the value in the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml which did turn off the Settler Religion for everyone. Problem is we still get the OOS.

This is still a problem when founding cities, starting a MP game, and sometimes on a wonder(not usually). Often a server host can wait for a client to reconnect, and it will clear for a little while, until another city is founded. Host and client both can trigger the OOS message.

Still trying to troubleshoot this, but we have tried a lot of stuff.

16. Clifton III

Clifton III Chieftain

We also tried altering the xml files but still got the issue of 65 religions being established in a city as it is founded. Those 1.38s I mentioned before are icons for religions, you can see the regular 7 religious icons scattered among them. I counted the number of icons and it matched the number of religion has spread here popups I got (65) when founding a city.

17. sivsta

sivsta Chieftain

Was having an issue with the gunpowder in 4.40b. Musketeers and units that need it... It didn't want to let me build more than a few. Said I didn't have access to the gunpowder, which was strange.

Also it seems like when city culture expands, it always expands at the Southwest corner last.

18. sivsta

sivsta Chieftain

I experienced a strange bug. When I purged one of my cities, it would give me a large sum of money, about 3000-5000 gold. Haven't messed with the Inquisitors much, but I'm guessing that isn't supposed to happen. :commerce:

19. Clifton III

Clifton III Chieftain

I noticed that the Red Cross national wonder gives the Medic promotion to all units not just the ones built in the same city, is this intended?

20. Thomas SG

Thomas SG CCV-designer

Yes. Even units that you will maybe conquer, go over to your army or somebody gifts to you will get the promotion one turn later. The Red Cross supports all your units (if they are able to get the medic promotion).