1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reporting

Discussion in 'Civ4 - BTS Unaltered Gameplay (BUG, BAT and BULL)' started by alerum68, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Smarticus Pantsidae

Hmmm. Well, you aren't getting the operating system errors any more, so running as Admin is a good thing.

The game still isn't finding the missionaries, and it's looking for them in the espionage XML, which I find weird. I'll keep looking into this.

EDIT: I just remembered something. Do you have the Hungary BXP pack installed? That pack will definitely bork your game. I removed it from d/l a while ago because of problems.

2. CivRulez07

CivRulez07 Chieftain

I checked and I do not have a Hungary civilization installed. I only downloaded BAT a month ago or lesss.

3. CivRulez07

CivRulez07 Chieftain

Still can't figure out the problem? Anything you want me to try?

4. Lemon Merchant

Sorry. R/L is a bit of a mess on my end...

Are you getting any Python popups before or after the crash?

I'll try to explain why I think it's crashing. It may help you to zero in on the problem. The game is running into a unit or leader where it can't find the art, or the parameters for the unit or leader in the XML files, so it throws an exception and crashes. Being that it seems to happen on the beginning of a turn suggests that it might be a first contact, or a unit being built. It could also be a building. It may not be you that is building the item, it could be one of the other civs.

With that being said, something that you could try, is to start the game and go through the Civilopedia looking for pink squares or pink blobs. That might help us narrow down the bad unit/leader.

Let us know what happens. :)

-LM

5. CivRulez07

CivRulez07 Chieftain

I'm not exactly sure what a Python popup looks like, but I'm not getting any. The game freezes, cuts to a black screen for a second, then goes to my desktop with a message about how BtS has stopped responding.

I can do that. What all am I looking at...units, leaders, buildings, right? Anything else?

6. Lemon Merchant

Try looking at everything. I'm just looking something up right now. Stay tuned.

7. CivRulez07

CivRulez07 Chieftain

I looked at everything in the Civilopedia, and I didn't see anything strange - buildings, units, civs, wonders...everything showed up as it should.

8. Lemon Merchant

Well, I'm at a loss here. I have no idea why it's crashing. It might be a leaderhead or unit problem. You may have to just write off that game. Sorry. :(

9. CivRulez07

CivRulez07 Chieftain

Hmmm ok thanks for trying to help. If I find any other sort of similar bug in another game, I'll let ya know.

10. royolini

royolini Chieftain

Hi
    Ive just dwnloaded a mod called BUGMod_4.4 for BtS. After I unzipped it and tried to install it using the attached readme file, I think i screwed up. I have cope-pasted files in the custom assests folder, and I guess ive done something wrong, because then I run the game, all the menus look fine, but when i create a game, all I can see are my starting units and the land around, but nothing else.
    Heres how it looks:

First thing I see after creating a game:

And then this: Still blank when i found a city and goes to city info screen...

As you can see, everything on the screen is missing, so i guess i messed something up...

Please help me out if u can!!

11. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

search this thread for 'missing interface' - most likely issue is that you have a non standard 'my docs' path or that your windows user name contains a non-standard character.

12. royolini

royolini Chieftain

Im playing on a macbook Pro if it makes any difference...

Anyways, im not so good at these things, so would it help if I just reinstall the game? Would the interface return? And how do I reinstall the game when I bought it on Steam?

13. NobleZarkon

NobleZarkon Civ IV Emperor EQM Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter

I have a reproducible crash when trying to set a reminder using ctl-alt-R, logs and save file are attached.

Oddly Alt-M works fine.

Bug Mod 4.4 run as a std mod.

My desktop is less than one month old with 12gb of Ram.

Attached Files:

14. Pengu

Pengu Chieftain

Ok, so if I have a non standard character in my user name, what do I do to fix it?
    Or can I find the info in that thread?

15. dfg26

dfg26 Chieftain

I just installed the bug mod, and all the little symbols :)food:, :hammers:, :commerce:, :science:, :culture: etc) appear as blank squares like this:

Attached Files:

16. dfg26

dfg26 Chieftain

Ok so i unistalled the mod but the icons are still missing, what should i do now?

Edit: is this forum dead :confused:

17. Lemon Merchant

No, it isn't dead. I'm traveling, and I'm not sure that I know the answer anyway. I was hoping that one of the BUG Boys would answer this, since it's a bit more up their alley.

If I read this right, you now have none of those icons in standard BTS?

18. modifieda4

modifieda4 Chief Time Waster

sorry to dig up an old feature request, im running bug 4.4 and the corporation advisor screen doesnt work with >7 corps.

i dont see a CvCorporationScreen.py file included in the BUG 4.4 install which i would expect if BUG had the capability to handle >7 corps.

I used the file(s) included in this download and a scrolling corp screen works with BUG 4.4.

fwiw, in the features thread this issue was mentioned way back when.

19. Frankageddon

Frankageddon Chieftain

My Gallic Warriors are appearing as Swordsmen, both the unit icon and the unit itself. Is this a bug or oversight in the mod or is it just me?

EDIT: It only seems to affect me when in a game. The Civilopedia in the Main Menu shows the Gallic Warrior as he's supposed to be, but the one in-game shows him as a Swordsman.

20. Lemon Merchant

Are you talking about the Gallic Warriors in BAT? If so, they were changed in Varietas Delectat and have been that way for ages. It's funny they don't show up in the 'pedia the same way as in the game, but I guess that's what avain wanted.