Bug Reporting

@Cruel - I don't have Civ4 installed on this machine so I cannot just launch it up to verify what you're saying, so can you please be more specific. Are you saying any of these?

1. Unchecking the "Use Era-Related Colors" checkbox doesn't return the era to white? [Did you try restarting Civ4? This shouldn't be necessary but just wanna check]
  2. Changing the era colors didn't have any effect?
Yes, this code was taken from the NJAGC Mod you mentioned. My confusion is with your statement, "I've tried to select and deselect several different ways." What exactly are you selecting and deselecting?

@Cruel - I don't have Civ4 installed on this machine so I cannot just launch it up to verify what you're saying, so can you please be more specific. Are you saying any of these?

1. Unchecking the "Use Era-Related Colors" checkbox doesn't return the era to white? [Did you try restarting Civ4? This shouldn't be necessary but just wanna check]
  2. Changing the era colors didn't have any effect?
Yes, this code was taken from the NJAGC Mod you mentioned. My confusion is with your statement, "I've tried to select and deselect several different ways." What exactly are you selecting and deselecting?

Number 2. "Selecting and deselecting" is to try different combinations to see if it works. I restarted during this process.

I did this in several mods with the BUG mod to see if any worked. (and of course see the difference in the code.) but none work.

All mods that use the colors in techtree use the original code and has to change in the ini file to change colors.

I've never heard of that before. Do you have a save so we can check it out?

Sadly, no.
The whole game I was only able to attack a privateer once.
... it was right after privateer burned fishing boat
... I could NOT select "target units" and attack (gray square)
... I COULD right-click to attack (but only once)
... Only one attack was allowed to occur, further attempts were broken
If you've never heard of this, maybe it was just a glitch (memory leak, etc).
Next time I'll remember to keep a save.
... (LOL - I've said that too many times before)

It could be just that airships can only do a very limited amount of damage. 20% maximum, I think. It the target already has 20% or more damage then it can not attack them. This is not from BUG or BULL, it is in BtS. Other air units have a higher maximum, but none of them can actually do 100% so air units can't sink a ship.

^^^ Good to know.
If it happens again, I'll pay attention to the details.
Privateer may already have been damaged by another naval unit.
There was alot of naval traffic, maybe all the privateers were damaged.
... the AI doesn't seem to repair naval units.

Wait ...
... just realized,
... this doesn't explain why I COULD right-click attack but NOT "target units" attack.

Edit: looks like this isn't a BUG problem, just an Ottoman unit-flag problem in general. I gave up on that game due to being alone on the continent with the Ottomans, and a total lack of strategic resources with which to conquer them. The game I got on re-start shows correct unit flags for everyone I've met so far (Wang Kon and Justinian).

As a test, I started a vanilla BTS game as Mehmed, and the flag was that same blank yellow. So whatever's going on, it's not specific to BUG. I guess I should pick up the old game and beeline Optics to send out a caravel and see if the other AI civs also have blank yellow flags.

/Edit

Playing BTS 3.19 on OS X 10.6.8, purchased through Steam, I've found an issue where all the unit flags for foreign civs (but not my own) are the same bright yellow color. (See attachment for illustration.)

I did a quick forum and Google search and found one other person mentioning it, but there's no response to his issue, and he doesn't say if he was using BUG or not.

This didn't happen until I installed BUG 4.4 mod. I installed it into the \Beyond the Sword\Mods\ folder, not Custom Assets. BUG is the only mod in use.

If I quit the game, restart it, do NOT enable the mod, then play a completely different new game that has never been exposed to BUG, then all unit flags appear as normal. So it's confirmed to be something with the way I'm using BUG.

Let me know what other documentation I could provide or what other troubleshooting steps I could take.

Attachments

• bad unit flags.jpg
    bad unit flags.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 155
Hello,

i've got the Civ 4 Complete Edition and want to play the Cavemen2Cosmos-Mod.
But I'm not getting an interface. I tried to fix the problem via Registry, but i have no idea how, because the pics of the tutorial by azzer aren't available any more. Please can you introduce me? Thnx for your help

When I get to turn 248 of this current game, the game crashes. I have the latest BTS patch, the latest version of BAT with all available BXP civs as well as the MEE. During this game I changed nothing about Civ IV or the mod. The only change that I made to my computer that might have affected it was an update to my video driver, though that doesn't seem like something that would cause a problem. I have attached two saves: "BATgameissuebefore" is the autosave from 5 turns before the crash occurs (it doesn't matter what you choose to build or research - it still crashes). "BATgameissue" is at turn 247 - when I advance to the next turn, it crashes.

Any help would be great!:)

Attachments

• BATgameissuebefore.CivBeyondSwordSave
    563.8 KB · Views: 179
  • BATgameissue.CivBeyondSwordSave
    574 KB · Views: 173
When I get to turn 248 of this current game, the game crashes. I have the latest BTS patch, the latest version of BAT with all available BXP civs as well as the MEE. During this game I changed nothing about Civ IV or the mod. The only change that I made to my computer that might have affected it was an update to my video driver, though that doesn't seem like something that would cause a problem. I have attached two saves: "BATgameissuebefore" is the autosave from 5 turns before the crash occurs (it doesn't matter what you choose to build or research - it still crashes). "BATgameissue" is at turn 247 - when I advance to the next turn, it crashes.

Any help would be great!:)
I'm sorry but I can't get either of the saves to load ATM. I'll try tomorrow with a fresh install of BAT 3 and the BXP packs. I've been fiddling with the XML in my BAT 3 folder, that's probably the problem. Stay tuned. :)

Oh, in the meantime, could you enable the logging function in the Civ.ini file and zip up the results from the log folder and post it please? It might help to find the problem.

And post your computer specs, in particular, your RAM.

I'm sorry but I can't get either of the saves to load ATM. I'll try tomorrow with a fresh install of BAT 3 and the BXP packs. I've been fiddling with the XML in my BAT 3 folder, that's probably the problem. Stay tuned. :)

Oh, in the meantime, could you enable the logging function in the Civ.ini file and zip up the results from the log folder and post it please? It might help to find the problem.

I've attached the zip folder...I hope it's what you're looking for (I've never done anything with logging before).

And post your computer specs, in particular, your RAM.

Ok I'm not sure what all you need but I've got:
an updated (latest version) of Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit
AMD Phenom II X4 840T Processor, 2900 Mhz, 4 Cores, 4 Logical Processors
6.00 GB of installed physical memory (RAM)
AMD Radeon HD 6450 graphics card

if you need any other info, just let me know

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    2 KB · Views: 133
6.00 GB of installed physical memory (RAM)
That was it - BAT is a ram hog and my old PC couldn't run in during the later parts of the game as BAT needed too much memory. You have plenty.

That was it - BAT is a ram hog and my old PC couldn't run in during the later parts of the game as BAT needed too much memory. You have plenty.
On my machine, BAT only takes about 500 - 600 MB of RAM in the late game. Having a good graphics card definitely helps, though.

@CivRulez07:

The logs didn't have much in them. Did you play the turn with the logs enabled? It's the crash that I would like to see. All that was in the logs was partial loading information. The files should be quite large.

This crash used to happen when the player met one of the BXP leaders, but I can't remember who it was. :(

Hello again,

But I'm not getting an interface. I tried to fix the problem via Registry, but i have no idea how, because the pics of the tutorial by azzer aren't available any more. Please can you introduce me? Thnx for your help

Sorry about that. Attached is the new logs folder with many more files than the first one. Hope this helps
One thing I did notice is it seems that you aren't running Civ as Administrator. That may help. I also noticed that the game wasn't able to find the artwork for the standard missionaries. Were you building a missionary before the crash? There were a large number of file and OS errors in the logs. Please try running the game as Admin and get back to us with the results. :)

Hello again,

I don't know anything about C2C, unfortunately. :( Have you tried asking this question in that forum? I don't know if C2C already includes BUG.

Also, do you have a non English character in your user name? That will mess up the interface. Are you running the game as Administrator? Do other mods load correctly?

Please set your logging options to "on" and post the log files as CivRulez07 did above.

One thing I did notice is it seems that you aren't running Civ as Administrator. That may help. I also noticed that the game wasn't able to find the artwork for the standard missionaries. Were you building a missionary before the crash? There were a large number of file and OS errors in the logs. Please try running the game as Admin and get back to us with the results. :)
I checked and I am not building any missionaries before this crash. I have attached the updated logs from running the game as an administrator - it still crashed on the same turn. I briefly looked at the log files and it looks like I'm still getting the errors that you have described.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    118.6 KB · Views: 149
Top Bottom