1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports and technical issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 20, 2011.

1. iOnlySignIn

iOnlySignIn Prince$s

That is also true for many other civs such as America, Turkey, and Prussia, and yet they do not suffer the same Stability penalty before the flip.

2. Fresol

Fresol Angry Halfling in Green

They do IIRC. Byzantium for example, you spawn inside Constantinople and you'll have negative expansion stability. Of course 2 turns later there's the flip.

3. Aline

Aline Cat

That works ^^

Anyways i do no longer get the popup to switch civs once i switched ingame, is there a wordaround for this aswell?

4. Fresol

Theocracy is not working properly. AIs (e.g. India) probably wouldn't want to spread their religions to my cities, but I can do it with my own missionary.
    Spoiler :

By the way, Leoreth, did you forbid China to have Silk Route again or did you just modify the area it spreads to? It no longer spreads to China controlled Beijing.

And there's no Protestant Holy City if you reach Printing Press and do not convert? I mean the Holy City not the shrine.
    Spoiler :

5. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I didn't change anything to Theocracy ... this is just how the effect works, apparently.

And I've excluded Beijing, yes.

No Protestant holy city is definitely not intended.

6. Fresol

No, it wasn't like this before, I'm pretty sure. The spread religion button should be grey.

7. Sovietof17

Sovietof17 Warlord

Game freezes on you [goes to the spinning globe thing, then never leaves that], save included, repeatable by simply pressing next turn.

Year is 1712, Germany, 4000BC start with no changeovers.

Attached Files:

8. JujuLautre

JujuLautre Deity

Check in the base game. You can spread religions with missionaries yourself under theocracy, even non-state ones.

9. Fresol

Didn't know that, thanks for explaining.

10. Dalgaard

Dalgaard Chieftain

A few bugs:
    The viking great scientist's do not have the option to build an academy.
    Several times, while playing as greece, byzantium did not spawn.
    Not sure if this is a bug, but why do the peak 2w of Constantinople, reappear in 600ad start?

Else great modmod, really enjoyable :)

Ill provide python exceptions shortly, and I am using newest version

11. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Thanks for noting the Viking academy problem. Also, the maps are not completely mirroring each other, I'll fix that.

How large was Rome in your game where Byzantium didn't spawn? If they're confined to Italy, it's likely they won't.

12. Dalgaard

Dalgaard Chieftain

Well Rome was fairly small.
    It is cool if byzantium spawn is related to rome size, but i was unable to find any information confirming that, so i assumed byzantium just spawned like any other civ :)

Nvm. found

13. Dalgaard

Dalgaard Chieftain

CityNames, you can call assignName instead of renameCities in onCityAcquired. This allows wierd city to be placed and still get real names later on.
    I am not sure why rhye made non historic cities ruin city-names for all eternal.
    Example: founding constantinople as babylon gives constantinople a random babylonian name. Due to rhyes rules, capturing constantinople as any civ will never rename the city, which is kinda wierd.

14. Tomorrow's Dawn

Tomorrow's Dawn Heroes Never Die

Leoreth, I am one turn away from a Space Victory as Rome and it keeps crashing before the victory.

EDIT: Never mind. I was able to win eventually, but I crashed twice trying to access my victory.

Attached Files:

15. iOnlySignIn

iOnlySignIn Prince$s

The problem is quite prevalent actually, not just with the Vikings.

Often, Great Scientists are not allowed to build Academies for some reason, with various different civs I play.

16. Cosmos1985

Cosmos1985 King

For some reason I was unable to declare war on the independents, playing as the romans. Tried waiting 10 turns+ to see if it was some kind of cease fire-bug, but that wasn't the case either. I have no vassals btw, if that should be of any relevance.

17. Fresol

I can't declare on independents either.
    Spoiler :

Edit: Many turns later I can declare war on them though.

18. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

This seems to be an unintended side effect of the protection for recently spawned civs. I'll upload a fix soon.

19. RoyTK

RoyTK Chieftain

Hello! I can't play this mod. Anyone has had this bug please? When I run the mod =>

I'm looking for a solution if anyone knows how to fix this problem...

20. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Haven't you asked this already? I can only repeat what has been said in the other thread: the mod doesn't have French language, so you'll have to change your language settings to English to play it.