Bug Reports and Technical Issues

I just installed BTS with the Dawn of Civilization mod on my Windows 8 laptop. When I started a game with Harrappas it kept showing "failed to load BUG INI" something. This message kept flooding my screen. Whats the problem exactly and how to fix it ?

Windows 8 and/or you installed Civ4 in Program Files.

The solution is to grant write privileges on your Dawn of Civilization folder.

Depends on your Windows version, somewhere in the properties dialog for the folder I suppose.

Same situation as the other guy (new computer, "BUG INI" errors up the wazoo once I start DOC on the new machine).

Under the "Firaxis > Sid Meier's Civilization 4 > Beyond the Sword > Mods > RFC Dawn of Civilization," I right-clicked and opened up "Properties."

At the bottom of the "General" tab, there's a pre-checked box for "Attributes" that's called "Read-only (Only applies to files in folder)". If you de-select the box (so the folder would not be read-only) and hit "Apply", you're asked to "Confirm Attribute Change" (apply to all files and subfolders) and "Continue with Administrator Privileges." Hit yes to both, a dialog box pops up that runs through all the files in the mod, problem solved.

Except no, it isn't, because if I exit out of the "Properties" window then right-click and open "Properties" again, the "Read-Only" box is still selected. What gives? Do I need to reboot my machine to make the changes effective, or is there something else I'm missing here?

When I try to launch the mod I get the following error message:

Unable to execute the file:
CivBeyondSword.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 2
The System cannot find the specified file

Any ideas? Thanks so much

When I try to launch the mod I get the following error message:

Unable to execute the file:
CivBeyondSword.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 2
The System cannot find the specified file

Any ideas? Thanks so much

standard BtS works fine? If yes - just reinstall the Mod

At first I tried using the install version. Today, I've been trying to get just the core version installed using the rar files and still no luck. Is there any place where they are directions for how to install this mod with the steam version of bts? I've searched this site and haven't had any luck. I'd really appreciate any help.

Oi, Leoreth, you really should add that whole Beta thingy for Steam users in the main thread.

At first I tried using the install version. Today, I've been trying to get just the core version installed using the rar files and still no luck. Is there any place where they are directions for how to install this mod with the steam version of bts? I've searched this site and haven't had any luck. I'd really appreciate any help.
I'm not familiar with the steam version of the game, so I cannot reliably reply. Can anyone else with that distribution help out?

Also, if you reinstalled the game, make sure that it is on version 3.19. Patching it that point requires downloading the update from CFC, if it doesn't come with it out of the box.

Oi, Leoreth, you really should add that whole Beta thingy for Steam users in the main thread.
Beta thing?

I'm not familiar with the steam version of the game, so I cannot reliably reply. Can anyone else with that distribution help out?

Also, if you reinstalled the game, make sure that it is on version 3.19. Patching it that point requires downloading the update from CFC, if it doesn't come with it out of the box.

Beta thing?

Alright, let me repeat myself because apparently you didn't pay attention the first time I wrote a post about this here:

The proper Steam version of Civ4 since the demise of Gamespy is not 3.19 but a separate version instead, which has the upside of keeping live multiplayer enabled. It has the downsites of making PBEM and Pitboss impossible and apparently also not meshing well with mods. I don't have the Steam version myself, but over in the PBEM forum we had a week or two of chaos until this issue was addressed by Steam starting to offer 3.19 BtS proper via its Beta feature. Basically people with Civ4BtS have the game twice in their games library, the "official" version and right below that the same title but with "Beta" next to it, which in this case is BtS 3.19. I am reasonably sure that Steam players just need to download the Beta version and install any mods they want for that.

Indeed.

This may also be of interest.

And this is a link to the technical operation as described for the "Hall of Fame" Steam players.

... Soooooo, what about that religion civics bug? Don't want to sound annoying, but it is a pretty big deal.

I'm still in the bug fixing phase, will get to it soon.

Top Bottom