1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. reposado

reposado Chieftain

will try this first. thanks

edit: this totally worked. awesome. een waiting to try polynesia for months,

2. phoenix_sprite

phoenix_sprite Chieftain

Here, sorry for the delay.

Attached Files:

3. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Thanks.

4. Hamir

Hamir Chieftain

Some resources (sheep and cow as far as I have seen so far) are not showing up as surplus resources, and don't seem to be available to trade - is that deliberate?

5. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Knoedel Imperator Satani Filius Augustus Nooborum

This is intentional, they are only tradeable once you discover Refrigeration.

6. Hamir

Hamir Chieftain

Ah, thanks.

7. adhiraj.bose

adhiraj.bose Chieftain

Has the city overflow bug been discussed ? In one of my Japan games I noticed the bug in Tiwanaku. There is a pattern to the bugs, and they usually affect a Peruvian city more than anywhere else.

8. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

It's not yet fixed, obviously. Do you mean Tiwanaku in particular is affected more often? Or all Inca cities? Only when it is Peru?

9. Imp. Knoedel

So I finished merging and started a testgame with my modmod as Khmer, and found to my confusion that producing buildings wouldn't get the bonus from Organized Religion. I then launched DoC itself (the Git version) and tried 600AD with the same result. Not only that, but when I switched from Organized Religion to Fanaticism, I would not only not receive a unit production bonus, I actually got -25% production for buildings. I then made sure my folder was up to date (Pull) and tried again with 600AD Arabia, since then I wouldn't have to worldbuild anything to switch from Organized Religion to Fanaticism. Since that also didn't change anything I decided to delete my entire DoC folder and download it (the Git version, not as zip but per your instructions in the main thread) all over again. Only after this issue still persisted then was I convinced that this wasn't anything I had done, but is in fact a bug in DoC itself. I am curious how this wasn't noticed sooner (have I just been over estimating the number of players using the most up to date Git version?), considering how much of the game this affects (two whole civics not only useless but actively damaging you).

Savegame is not necessary, just launch literally any scenario (though come to think of it in all my test games have only used 600AD, but I doubt that is relevant) as a civ with a state religion and ideally access to both Organized Religion and Fanaticism from the start (600 AD Arabia is probably the quickest to verify) and see for yourself.

10. adhiraj.bose

adhiraj.bose Chieftain

I haven't played enough games yet, but in the earlier version it was almost always Tiwanaku. Occassionally I would get the bug in Pataliputra and Adrianz Fort. Once it resulted in a super-Persia which won the space race before I could spawn as Byzantium :lol: .

However, Tiwanaku is where this happens most frequently and the first experience of this bug in the newest version was also in Tiwanaku.

11. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I'm looking into it.

Odd, I have no idea what that could imply but that's nothing new with this bug isn't it.

12. Imp. Knoedel

Hey, I don't want to be annoying or anything, but have you confirmed the existence of the religion civics production bug I reported? It would be nice to be sure that it isn't just me.

13. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I have noted it. Currently I'm still working on exposing all DLL modifiers to Python, so I haven't had the time to look into it right now.

14. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

(92,45) is a peak tile, but has a road on it in 3000 BC scenario.

Also Chinese tiles do not appear as "China" when you mouse over them as Mongols according to the nice tradition we have here.

15. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Both noted.

16. DarkThunder

DarkThunder Chieftain

There is a bug.
    Win7/64.
    The mod is just installed.
    Every turn I get a multiple message "Cant write to UserSettings\Autolog.ini". This is annoying because it hides all other messages.
    I fixed the problem by manually set "full control" permission for "User" group on the file Autolog.ini.
    All in all it is a bad idea to place a file being written during run-time in the directory "Program Files".

17. mariglen

mariglen Chieftain

hello ,when I play with Greece and establish the town of Apolonia then it changed its name in TXT KEY_CIV_GRECCE_Macedonian Empire
    THNX

18. mariglen

mariglen Chieftain

Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

19. Imp. Knoedel

It is also a bad idea to install Civ4 in "Program Files". ;)

20. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Noted.