Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Unintentional edge case. Preventing that is hard without complicating the culture spread mechanism too much.

2 more bugs.

1. Colombia has Pacal II as leader (The switch isn't defined in DynamicCivs.py)
2. As America, I got a message to flip one of my cities (Regina) to Canada. I agreed, but the city didn't flip because it isn't in the flipzone of Canada. So I shouldn't got the message in the first place. (savegame provided)

Playing as Japan, going UHV, somewhere along the end stretch, circa 1960, the historical victory conditions disappear, not appearing in the victory screen. Why is this?

Playing as Rome (version of my modmod I am currently working on, so no savegame), I have a tile one north of Rome (forest grassland hill) that doesn't look like it has a road, doesn't show it has a road in the little window to the left when you mouse over, but behaves as if it had a road, that is my units can go from Rome to the tile one north of that tile in one turn. This is just after spawning and a Greek Worker is on it, and another Greek worker is building a road one southeast of it, so I am pretty sure it ks somehow related to that.

Also Melpum isn't renamed to Mediolanum upon flipping anymore, but I don't know if that is because of something I did or you haven't gotten around to that yet with the new city naming system.

Playing as Japan, going UHV, somewhere along the end stretch, circa 1960, the historical victory conditions disappear, not appearing in the victory screen. Why is this?
This sounds like a Python exception, can you upload a save?

This sounds like a Python exception, can you upload a save?

My save file is larger than 2 MB and I'm unsure how to get it to you.

Two unrelated bugs from a recent Khmer game.

The first one I call "the magically spawning archer." As Khmer, I have a Ballista Elephant on the tile north of Palembang, preparing to attack their sole defending archer

Spoiler :

As you can see from this next screenshot, I defeated the archer in a glorious victory! ...yet somehow Palembang still has a defending archer and I was unable to take the city that turn.

Spoiler :

I've attached the save game. Note that the bug doesn't show up if Palembang isn't your first attack -- I had other Ballista Elephants taking on Paliputra in India, and if one of those attacks before the one by Palembang, then the magical archer doesn't appear and I am able to successfully take the city.

View attachment error.CivBeyondSwordSave

Let us know what you figure out; thanks.

Attachments

• bug - archer 1.JPG
    bug - archer 1.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 218
  • bug - archer 2.JPG
    bug - archer 2.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 231
Second bug from my recent Khmer game.

Khmer's UP is to allow all units to travel on jungles/rainforests and to allow farms to be built on rainforests.

When I tried to build such a farm, hovering my cursor over the worker action button shows an unexpected bonus: "Will remove the Rainforest."

Spoiler :

However, as you can see from the second screenshot, when I actually completed my first farm, this turned out not to be the case. The farm did not remove the rainforest, but coexisted with it on the same tile.

Spoiler :

Either farms are intended to remove rainforests (in which case the fix is to make sure that happens), or farms are not so intended (in which case the fix is to change the display so people don't think it will).

Thanks again.

Attachments

• bug - farm 1.JPG
    bug - farm 1.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 221
  • bug - farm 2.JPG
    bug - farm 2.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 224
Two unrelated bugs from a recent Khmer game.

The first one I call "the magically spawning archer." As Khmer, I have a Ballista Elephant on the tile north of Palembang, preparing to attack their sole defending archer

Spoiler :

As you can see from this next screenshot, I defeated the archer in a glorious victory! ...yet somehow Palembang still has a defending archer and I was unable to take the city that turn.

Spoiler :

I've attached the save game. Note that the bug doesn't show up if Palembang isn't your first attack -- I had other Ballista Elephants taking on Paliputra in India, and if one of those attacks before the one by Palembang, then the magical archer doesn't appear and I am able to successfully take the city.

View attachment 402474

Let us know what you figure out; thanks.
That is actually an intended game mechanic to protect the capital of a recently spawned civ. Every time a unit is lost in its capital, there is a chance it will be "resurrected" in the city. Changing the order of your attacks probably changed the RNG outcome so that once the unit was recreated and once it wasn't.

I think it's a terrible mechanic to protect recently spawned civs because it is unpredictable and counterintuitive, so this is among the things I want to replace when rewriting the Rise and Fall code.

Second bug from my recent Khmer game.

Khmer's UP is to allow all units to travel on jungles/rainforests and to allow farms to be built on rainforests.

When I tried to build such a farm, hovering my cursor over the worker action button shows an unexpected bonus: "Will remove the Rainforest."

Spoiler :

However, as you can see from the second screenshot, when I actually completed my first farm, this turned out not to be the case. The farm did not remove the rainforest, but coexisted with it on the same tile.

Spoiler :

Either farms are intended to remove rainforests (in which case the fix is to make sure that happens), or farms are not so intended (in which case the fix is to change the display so people don't think it will).

Thanks again.
You're supposed to be able to build them on rainforests, it's the interface that needs to be fixed.

I am not sure if this is a bug or my PC's problem, but when I open the civics changing screen the edges seem too big to fit in my screen and I can't see the full screen.

You don't say!

Spoiler :

The new civics screen hates poor and nearsighted people alike as well as those with a sense of aesthetics. You need to change your resolution so instead of taking up more than fits on your screen it only takes up half of it.

does anyone know if installing the mod on a steam download is any different. I downloaded the mod from the main page, then moved the file to the mods folder in the bts folder in the steam folder. extracted it from there to there. but I dont see an option to load the mod when I open bts

Not sure, because I'm using the old DVD installation. Is your game updated to BtS 3.19? You may have to manually update it with the patch from the CFC database.

You might need to run what Steam calls the beta version of Civ4. Basically when Steam took over Civ4 after the fall of Gamespy they threw a new patch at it that made online multiplayer possible at the cost of making PBEM and Pitboss unplayable, but some days later started offering the "old" 3.19 BtS version as well with their Beta feature. Don't know how it affects mods, I only know about this because it's a big deal in the PBEM community.

Not sure, because I'm using the old DVD installation. Is your game updated to BtS 3.19? You may have to manually update it with the patch from the CFC database.

will try this first. thanks

edit: this totally worked. awesome. een waiting to try polynesia for months,

Top Bottom