1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

One of the Hints claims that Great Statesman can improve relations with foreign powers. I think it is no longer a case and thus needs to be redacted.

Leoreth likes this.
  2. hnrysml

hnrysml Chieftain

The Mongols nearly always found Irkutsk, But usually it gets conquered by China and almost never is acquired by Russia

1SDAN likes this.
  3. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Serious bug: Moor's 2 UHV fails few turns after 3000 BC start was loaded. And yes, I did settle Cordoba in place.

Attached Files:

4. Rodnok

Rodnok Chieftain

La Mezquita built? That usually happens even before the Moors start in 3000 BC.

5. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Oh right, did not realize that... Sorry, not a bug then. But don't we think AI should be discouraged a little? Say, if La Mezquita would require some tech that Arabs don't have or require at least 50% of their own culture in the city.

And besides, can someone explain to me how Arabs in my game been able to place the third wonder in the city with just Developing culture?

Attached Files:

6. Leoreth

Leoreth Knight of Time Moderator

Expired wonders stop counting for the limit.

7. Alexius08

Alexius08 Chieftain

The AI can be barred from building wonders needed by the human player's UHV until the human player spawns. I've done it before, and I might have to do it again for this case.

8. Rodnok

Rodnok Chieftain

In 600 AD scenario this is not a problem interestingly (didnt play a long time after start unfortunately). Arabs do not build La Mezquita so early and are not even starting producing it.

9. Vekkimaster

Vekkimaster Chieftain

Did I read somewhere that trading with AI would be more balanced now??
    upload_2017-12-8_15-15-12.png

I'm in first place by 200points in the scoreboard.
    Have had many similar "fair trading" deals in this game -> no deal :lol:
    I have the very latest version.

10. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Wow, you have insane amount of espionage against the entire World! How did you keep Rome stable till the end of XIX century? :crazyeye:

11. Leoreth

There was an attempt :D

Can you upload the save so I can use this case as an example to further balance the logic?

12. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I know and it is even better that it will be an existing city. The thing is -- other Europeans get some events to help with Colonization. AI Russia and perhaps USA need some scripted help also. We all know they do. But because their expansion was happening on the same landmass -- it was assumed they will expand naturally. Well, if you "ever" seen Kara and Vorkuta you know what AI Russia likes to do with their Settlers. Rich land in Siberia? Pff, we better found Kara, because it is a port! But ships can only sail 1 tile until they hit the ice or the edge of the map.

hnrysml and 1SDAN like this.
  13. Vekkimaster

Vekkimaster Chieftain

It doesn't really matter what save so here is my latest. The most "balanced" deal you get with China trading that very rare rice :lol:

Let me first say that I have played HUNDREDS of games as Roman during the last decade :lmao:. So I may have developed a style that suits the Roman way :yup:. I'd say the main keyfactors are slowly expanding your empire after the classical era. Grow your cities slowly so you won't have economical crises. Keep your citizens happy and healthy (always 60+ value). Choose your civics very carefully. Wrong civics will get you into big trouble. Utilize Great Statemen and Cristo Retendor with those civics and always minimaze anarchy. Build all the important buildings and take advantage of the Roman UP (+30% hammer). Choose your military- and troop harvesting city and build necessary amount of troops (although you don't have to be Russia).

I usually always have the espionage% = 0. Focus stealing techs from the one and same nation like France during the Middle age.

I can't pinpoint enough those civics. Those are your lifeline of surviving. Try to think ahead beyond one or two eras. Hope this helped and always willing to talk about the S.P.Q.R. :high5:

Attached Files:

14. Leoreth

I don't know if you've seen my post about new feature types ... that's part of my reasoning for the Taiga feature. We can use it to prevent settlement until a tech allows to remove it. Hopefully this will focus the Russians more to the east.

15. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

No sorry, did not seen those, but I will. However the real question is -- why not aid Russia and perhaps USA the same way script is helping Europeans? Perhaps give them free continental railroad even or some other unique events just for those superpowers, because otherwise they seldom become superpowers in this mod.

16. soul-breathing

soul-breathing Chieftain

Maybe a bug in America, about the happiness. See the picture below, the civics give +6 happiness from Democracy, Constitution and Free Enterprise, but in city screen it only +4 happiness from "Oh yeah!". Is there something mistake?
    Spoiler :

By the way, the UP in pedia also wrong in the recent version, the true UP may be Additional happiness from running Democracy, Constitution, Individualism and Free Enterprise.
    Spoiler :

Also a question(maybe not bug), why the UHV1 deadline advanced to 1900ad? 1930ad is more suitable for America.

Attached Files:

1SDAN and Leoreth like this.
  17. Rodnok

Rodnok Chieftain

F8 key for Greeks shows the third UHV wrong, it says Build the Oracle. While the check marks below points to the Statue of Zeus.

Attached Files:

alexey795, Leoreth and 1SDAN like this.