Bug Reports and Technical Issues

In general I find that the AI leaders often fail to adopt modern civics, unless they have one as their favorite civic.

Ethiopia UHV 1 is still bugged. It says two great prophets need to be settled in two different cities but settling a single prophet suffices to trigger 2/3 UHV GA.

Can you upload a save where this is the case? Preferably before the prophet is settled?

Here's the autosave. Settle the great prophet and hit End Turn to continue.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0420 Turn 260.CivBeyondSwordSave
    513.6 KB · Views: 54
In 1700 AD Korea has UNiversity in their cities but also can built Seowon which is replacing University for this civilization. Not that I am complaining, this little civ needs that boost to develop Economic miracle or Nuclear Weapon later on, but it is still an irregularity.

Last edited:
UNiversity is a UN university?

No, my lazy left finger stays on SHift while my fast right finger types the second letter. I am surprised no one else has this terrible typing habit.:badcomp:

Backspace Elevator

No, my lazy left finger stays on SHift while my fast right finger types the second letter. I am surprised no one else has this terrible typing habit.:badcomp:
You don't press down the right shift with your right pinky, and type with both hands? With the thumbs hovering over the space bar and both index fingers on the F and J keys?

You don't press down the right shift with your right pinky, and type with both hands? With the thumbs hovering over the space bar and both index fingers on the F and J keys?
Nah, I am a self taught typist. I can type by dancing my hands across the board. If anything my left hand tends to rest with my middle finger on the s button and my right hand on the p button.

EDIT: 54 Words per Minute? I've gotten faster in my old age.

Wow, crazy exploit! Never ever experienced it.

Backspace Elevator
He needs it because he forgot to lift his finger

You can achieve the 3rd Maya Historical Victory Goal by building a city in Colombia, 2N of the gold. Catholicism will spread to it. If you convert, you'll meet some European civs just before the next Apostolic Palace vote.

I can't imagine achieving the goal any other way, but that's clearly the wrong way.
Do you have a save of that game? A concrete example of Catholicism spreading before contact would help to remove that effect, it was never intentional.

I don't have a save but I was playing as the Ottomans and had about 10 Bombards, 4 Cataphracts/Lancers, and 6 or so Janissaries in Wien and 2 Cuirassiers in Bagdat.

Germany declared war on me and took Bagdat with their Musketmen, I upgraded my Janissaries to Musketmen and took Wien. Germany didn't want to talk to me even after I razed Wien so I took Frankfurt and gifted it to the Dutch (it was the Protestant Holy City so no raze for me). The only units I lost were the 2 Cuirassiers who were defending Bagdat and 1 Bombard that died from RNG.

Is there a reason Germany declared war when they had such a pitiful set of units in their Core cities? I think they only had 3 garrisons in Wien and 4 in Frankfurt. I imagine it was because I had so many obsolete units, and my garrison in Bagdat was so weak the AI misjudged the comparative strength of our armies.

I wish I still had the autosave, but I didn't think much of it until an hour or two later.

Oh and Warriors and Axemen are still in the pedia's Unit Upgrade tree but their icons lead to the "None" page in Culture Levels.

I was just playing on the pre-release version of 1.15 and got the Earth Day event that allows you to try to convince other civs to switch to Environmentalism. However, Environmentalism is no longer a civic option. Not sure what would have happened if I had tried to convert anyone.

I am running Caste System but somehow do not benefit from promised +1 :food: for Plantation. :sad:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0122.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0122.JPG
    207.5 KB · Views: 63
You are running City States.
You mean Republic, that's right! Sorry, false alarm. It is good though I don't get negative 1 food from that plantation without Castes :lol:

Top Bottom