Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Don't know if this has been fixed yet, but in the latest release, there is still a random event that affect Axemen.

Good evening all. Long time lurker, first time poster.

My apologies if this message is posted in the wrong place, I wasn't exactly sure where to put it. I've had an issue running the latest version of DoC (v1.14) and I wondered if anyone would be able to help me out.

After watching the development of Dawn of Civilization, I decided to finally bite the bullet and download it. Unfortunately, when I tried to launch it straight from installation, I got a message saying it couldn't find the .exe file (I think). When I clicked the shortcut, it then said: "Problem with Shortcut: The item 'Civ4BeyondSword.exe that this shortcut refers to has changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut?" I reluctantly deleted the shortcut and came back to the forum for guidance.

I then read the initial post and followed the recommendations for people who have Steam, which meant reinstalling the beta version of the base Civ 4, and then I uninstalled and reinstalled the mod. Same result.

I then did some further reading/googling and thought that I may have downloaded the mod into the wrong folder. So I tried to install it here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Mods". It downloaded perfectly fine, but the end result was the same.

All the files appear to have downloaded correctly, so it is just a case of moving things to the right folder?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

TsarAndreas

Good evening all. Long time lurker, first time poster.

My apologies if this message is posted in the wrong place, I wasn't exactly sure where to put it. I've had an issue running the latest version of DoC (v1.14) and I wondered if anyone would be able to help me out.

After watching the development of Dawn of Civilization, I decided to finally bite the bullet and download it. Unfortunately, when I tried to launch it straight from installation, I got a message saying it couldn't find the .exe file (I think). When I clicked the shortcut, it then said: "Problem with Shortcut: The item 'Civ4BeyondSword.exe that this shortcut refers to has changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut?" I reluctantly deleted the shortcut and came back to the forum for guidance.

I then read the initial post and followed the recommendations for people who have Steam, which meant reinstalling the beta version of the base Civ 4, and then I uninstalled and reinstalled the mod. Same result.

I then did some further reading/googling and thought that I may have downloaded the mod into the wrong folder. So I tried to install it here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Mods". It downloaded perfectly fine, but the end result was the same.

All the files appear to have downloaded correctly, so it is just a case of moving things to the right folder?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

TsarAndreas

Try starting Civ 4 and then loading it through the in game menus ("Advanced", then "Load Mod" IIRC) or follow this link to set up a shortcut to the mod:
https://gaming.stackexchange.com/qu...on-iv-with-a-desired-mod-automatically-loaded

Thank you very much 1SDAN!

I have now managed to save DoC in both the Civ4 and Civ4BtS folders, and it has appeared in the "Advanced, Load Mod" screens for both.

Unfortunately, my attempts to load the mod within each version have failed. I selected the mod in both cases, and then nothing has happen. (I know the mods can take a short while to load - i'm avid RFC player - but it's taken me a good 5 mins to get online and write this message and still nothing has happened!

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

TsarAndreas

I have now managed to save DoC in both the Civ4 and Civ4BtS folders, and it has appeared in the "Advanced, Load Mod" screens for both.
Hold on, "both"? As in Vanilla and BtS?

At any rate, this problem might be due to the well known issue of Windows (10) throwing a hissy fit over too long file paths.

Thank you very much 1SDAN!

Unfortunately, my attempts to load the mod within each version have failed. I selected the mod in both cases, and then nothing has happen. (I know the mods can take a short while to load - i'm avid RFC player - but it's taken me a good 5 mins to get online and write this message and still nothing has happened!

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

TsarAndreas

I should add, the shortcut now works, in that it starts BtS up, but again, no DoC.....
Hold on, "both"? As in Vanilla and BtS?

At any rate, this problem might be due to the well known issue of Windows (10) throwing a hissy fit over too long file paths.

Yep, both folders. I wasn't sure about the GameSpy issue, so went back to the Vanilla folders.

Anyway, panic over. Turns out it just takes an inordinate amount of time to load. But by goodness, it is beautiful when it does. Totally worth the wait. I can't wait to get stuck in!

Thanks again 1SDAN for the technical help.

And thank you very much Leoreth - this is a thing of pure beauty and genius. Well done a thousand times over!

Glad you enjoy the mod! Long load times are very common when starting the mod for the first time. It should become faster when you start it again.

I should add, the shortcut now works, in that it starts BtS up, but again, no DoC.....

Yep, both folders. I wasn't sure about the GameSpy issue, so went back to the Vanilla folders.

Anyway, panic over. Turns out it just takes an inordinate amount of time to load. But by goodness, it is beautiful when it does. Totally worth the wait. I can't wait to get stuck in!

Thanks again 1SDAN for the technical help.

And thank you very much Leoreth - this is a thing of pure beauty and genius. Well done a thousand times over!

Yeah my last computer took a good 3 minutes to load, this new one does it in 90 seconds. I'm not sure how old your computer is, but if Civ 4 is annoying, try loading big mods or many small mods in Civ 5. There's a reason I stopped playing that game, and it wasn't 1UPT (There was a mod to solve 1UPT)

You mean preventing it from leaving? That would be really cool to play with Judaism, Zoroastrianism, and the like
Yes, meaned this. Today I had reverse situation, I've built zoroastrian pir and at the same turn zoroastism dissapeared from the city. A bit dissapointing.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0030.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0030.JPG
    482.1 KB · Views: 58
Yeah, it should still be on this forum. Can't remember what it's called.
How does it "solve" 1UPT though? Does it just allow stacking in general, because I could do that by changing a single value in an xml file? More pressing in that regard is imo the utter lack of any interface functionality, i.e. you still have to move each unit individually.

Now, if you do know of a mod for Civ5 that not only "allows" stacking, but also implements interface functions vital for effectively using it (e.g. selecting several units at once, seeing which units and how many are on a given tile etc.), then you have really piqued my interest.

How does it "solve" 1UPT though? Does it just allow stacking in general, because I could do that by changing a single value in an xml file? More pressing in that regard is imo the utter lack of any interface functionality, i.e. you still have to move each unit individually.

Now, if you do know of a mod for Civ5 that not only "allows" stacking, but also implements interface functions vital for effectively using it (e.g. selecting several units at once, seeing which units and how many are on a given tile etc.), then you have really piqued my interest.
No idea, it's been so long that I'm fuzzy on the details. Plus I only used the civilian stacking version of the mod cuz I didn't yet understand why 1UPT was bad for military units. I installed it cuz I hated when my missionaries were blocked by the proletariat.

That's a serious bug. The clock does not fit in the panel!
Only during Golden Ages!

But Ironclud is like this anytime you put it to sleep.

I think it's because of the change to Secularism. I will change it back to the original effect soon.

Top Bottom