Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Even on Monarch there's a lot of beasts running around Egypt, like 6 or more just outside of the border. I kinda like it since it prevents the player from getting the tribal huts in Africa.

Yeah. I like it. I actually had some troubles getting to all Africa goody huts (with scout and archer against animals) even as Ethiopia, playing Emperor. And it should be like that.

Python exceptions, might be related to the last changes. Save attached, just end the turn and see. I thought it could be related to meeting the Moors the first time but the bug happened even when I moved the scout away from them.

Also the combat log shows the last two fights where we attacked barbs in our cultural borders - no visible bonus from our UP.

View attachment 484271
This error occurs because you are continuing a save from before the update. I thought the save file would gracefully adapt to the changes but apparently I have been wrong, and fixing it turned out to be more complicated than I thought. I suggest you return to the previous state for this game, and use the current state only for new games. I hope I will have a fix that makes your save compatible soon though.
Update on this: with the latest git update, you should now be able to continue your Ethiopia game without errors.

So maybe this is not a bug, but it should be: I play Kongo and have 4 Slaves, and I run Slavery but switch to ANY other civic while keeping Slavery -- and I loose my Slaves! Help! :help::dunno::aargh:

So maybe this is not a bug, but it should be: I play Kongo and have 4 Slaves, and I run Slavery but switch to ANY other civic while keeping Slavery -- and I loose my Slaves! Help! :help::dunno::aargh:
Related to that, I lost all my slave plantations as Spain when I switched out of Colonialism but kept Slavery.

Related to that, I lost all my slave plantations as Spain when I switched out of Colonialism but kept Slavery.
Alright, noted.

Hi again, may I have some questions?
1. Is there everything all right with the battle code? Seems like I'm losing my Immortals, while playing for Persia, every time I have less then 90% (60-90%) of winning chance. And even if I have more than 90, I cannot be sure (Collected some screenshots, maybe just unlucky). Playing on "monarch" difficulty.
2. Shouldn't the satrapians (Persian vassals) lands join to the common percentage of the Persian lands (to complete Persian 1 historical task).
3. I'm always getting territorial crisis when I expand to about 3,5% of the world. The interior advisor shows, that I have overexpansion, how could I complete 1st Persian task though? Maybe Persian unique power is not working?

Attachments

• ScreenShots.rar
    2.2 MB · Views: 51
For your first question, I am very sure that the combat code functions correctly. That's just statistics.

The other two questions concern the Persian UHV and related questions about the UP and stability. I actually already have a note in my backlog to change the required territory to be more appropriate for the real Persian Empire plus maybe some territories they tried but never succeeded in conquering (like Greece). Then I can compare that against the new stability rules and see how well they are doing. I may also change their UP if that helps.

I may also change their UP if that helps.
Well, I'm not sure, that existing UP works right. There was a moment, when I had all my cities in core and contested area, and even so, have some serious overextension (Unfortunately don't have a save). And what about the vassals? Should they territory percantage be add to the Persian territory percantage? Maybe this will solve the problem with overextension? Because for now, the only way to expand, is conquering all their cities.

That is also something I will consider then.

OK, thank you, and the last one thing. The different percentage of required territory is indicated in victory confdition and civilopedia. Which one is the right?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0047.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0047.JPG
    715.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Civ4ScreenShot0045.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0045.JPG
    522.5 KB · Views: 54
Yes, sorry, the pedia text is inaccurate. I'll change it soon anyway.

I tried a game as Portugal and failed because I couldn't get to 14 open borders because there were only 14 other countries and Tokugawa just hates everyone

It also depends on your form of Legitimacy, Republic + Vassalage for example gets monarchic names.

Citizenship. I actually went to Republic, Merchant Trade and Caste System (+ had Clergy all the time) and later when discovering Law added Citizenship. The name did not change at all.

Okay, that seems wrong. I'll debug it from the save you uploaded earlier.

Is the VD and ethnic Citystyles installation broken for the latest version?

I got a slew of errors installing it, for some odd reason specifically with the Berber and Byzantine files.

Last edited:
How did you install it?

Not sure if it's a bug but nuclear bombers don't currently count towards the maximum air unit capacity of a city.

Top Bottom