1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. DanLT3

DanLT3 Warlord

With the Slavery civic I attacked the city from the Galley and enslaved first one and then a second unit when doing successfull attacks.
    The Slaves was put in the Galley as well as you can see. I suppose you should not be able to enslave a unit when there is no room in the galley.

Edit: Attached if a savegame for game version 1.16.2 where you can reproduce it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    1SDAN and Leoreth like this.
  2. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Code:
    if iHasMetTeamY == iMongolia and not utils.getHumanID() == iMongolia:
    if iTeamX in [iPersia, iByzantium, iRussia]:
    if gc.getGame().getGameTurn() < getTurnForYear(1500) and data.isFirstContactMongols(iTeamX):

data.setFirstContactMongols(iTeamX, False)

teamTarget = gc.getTeam(iTeamX)

if iTeamX == iArabia:
    tTL = (73, 31)
    tBR = (84, 43)
    iDirection = DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_EAST
    elif iTeamX == iPersia:
    tTL = (73, 37)
    tBR = (86, 48)
    iDirection = DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_NORTH
    elif iTeamX == iByzantium:
    tTL = (68, 41)
    tBR = (77, 46)
    elif iTeamX == iRussia:
    tTL = (68, 48)
    tBR = (81, 62)

lTargetList = utils.getBorderPlots(iTeamX, tTL, tBR, iDirection, 3)
    # Leoreth: Mongol horde event against Mughals, Persia, Arabia, Byzantium, Russia

Arabia is not included in the Array. The Mughals aren't included at all. Are the Mongols intended to get conquerors against them? Because it doesn't seem like they do.

3. trevor

trevor Warlord

This screenshot is from an updated-on-the-22nd 1700 Prussia start.

Attached Files:

4. MrFeline

MrFeline Chieftain

I cannot seem to raze cities. Here's a sequence of events:
    Spoiler :

Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG

Even though I pressed "raze", it still kept the city.
    I spawned in a bunch of tanks and tried to raze other cities, none of them worked. Same issue every time.
    P.S. Thank you Leoreth for all you do :)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  5. Kewlipo

Kewlipo Warlord

Cities take some turns to raze in my experience, it is no longer instant. Did the city eventually get destroyed?

6. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

Right. It's not visible in your screenshot, but the city should be in unrest now. As the unrest ticks down, the city will lose population (and buildings) and be razed completely when the unrest ends.

I'm wondering now if it would be helpful if I added an interface message like "We have begun razing <city name>" to make this more obvious.

h0spitall3rz, 1SDAN and trevor like this.
  7. MrFeline

MrFeline Chieftain

Oh - Awesome! I didn't know this. Thanks :) Would you mind also explaining the meaning of the different city razing options? I don't know what it means to give them gold, etc.

8. h0spitall3rz

h0spitall3rz Grand Vizier of Your Mind

As unrest ticks down in a conquered city, buildings are destroyed, city population is massacred (pop points go down), and the city is looted—you gain gold. (Not sure with foreign culture).

Pay Gold: Shortens unrest duration, allows keeping more buildings and sparing more people. But you get less gold from plunder.

Install Governor: The middle option.

Sack City: Longer unrest duration, more buildings destroyed, more people killed, more gold looted.

9. Zaddy

Zaddy Warlord

Workers normally have a nice feature where, if they're threatened by a unit, they stop what they were doing and ask for new orders so you can get them to safety. This usually happens with two-movement units like various cavalry. Unfortunately, barbarian Mohawks in North America spawn with Woodsman II, allowing them to move two tiles through forest. Apparently, the workers threatened response doesn't activate when they're a forested tile away from a Mohawk, I suppose because they don't realize the Mohawk has effectively two movement points. This results in situations like this:

Spoiler :
    upload_2020-4-27_3-51-9.png

These workers automatically continued their projects despite them being threatened. Would it be possible to update this portion of the AI so the workers can account for this? Or, failing that, can Mohawks just be given Woodsman I? Thanks!

10. Leoreth

I already discussed a solution to this a while back, the problem here is that the plot threat heuristic is rather simplistic and does not properly do pathfinding for all units that could threaten it, so things like the combined impact of terrain and promotions are not properly recognized. You could of course pretend to "fix" this by completely throwing unit balance out of whack by changing random unit properties, but an actual fix would be to merge K-Mod / AdvCiv and use its accurate pathfinding.

11. Theophilos

Theophilos Warlord

Hello I believe I am using the latest update but I want to inquire if this is bugged or working as intended.

In this latest game, twice happening civs are "reborning" in someone else's faction core, while they are still alive. (or at moment of collapse, IDK)

The two examples I have:

1. Poland as a vassal of mine had low stability, and the HRE who was dead "reborn" into krakow as their capital. This killed the poland. (it had danzig and krakow as its only cities, and they both went HRE)

2. HRE who was dead, reborns into Italy civilization, with their capital in venice. This killed the italy. I think italy had low stability at the time, but I am not sure.

They just seem like very weird ways to reborn.

(also, in a byzantime game I went to like 1700s, and with the stability pointer being upward (so I had good stability), ottomans all of a sudden reborn itself in constantinople and most of its cities after I had already defeated them)

Should I try to get a save game for this second HRE reborn thing? or is it working as intended

The image is the turn hre reborn into italy

Spoiler :

12. Leoreth

Looks like a bug, if you upload the save from a turn before this happens respectively I can look into it.

1SDAN likes this.
  13. Theophilos

Theophilos Warlord

Ok I got the save for both instances. The one I showed in the screenshot, apparently Austria gets to have Venice as a core region in industrial era? So maybe thats why that happened. But I don't see why they would do it in the polish case, since when I looked at their core area it was not in the polish area cities.

I will try to figure out how to get them on the forum now

14. Theophilos

Theophilos Warlord

Ok here are the save files I hope it works. I believe I am on the latest update patch.

The "hm" is 2 turns from it happening. for when it goes into italy. It put it that way in case you want the collapse notification for italian to be included.

The "HRE can into poland" is 1 turn away from it happening when it goes into poland

I modified the game once in this playthrough, I clicked to expand Iran's core by one slot, because they kept collapsing fast. IDK if that could have caused a bug

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  15. Theophilos

Theophilos Warlord

Oh one more thing,

I am playing as Russia and the mongols never invaded me. I always saw them invade in other games when I played other nations.

I never actually made contact with them (I never saw one of their units or revealed a tile owned by them) is this why I was not invaded?

16. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

AFAIK the Mongolian conqueror events are indeed tied to them making contact with one of their destined victims, so if you just never meet any of their units you are safe in that regard.

1SDAN, h0spitall3rz and Theophilos like this.
  17. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

After long hours of troubleshooting, testing out various scenarios, reverting to past versions and even digging out vanilla out-of-the-box RFC, finding out during the process that apparently communist city renaming has in fact not been functioning for well over two years, I at long last found the solution to this issue:

Assets\Python\CvRFCEventHandler.py in onRevolution, lines 484 and 485:
    Code:
            if iPlayer in [iEgypt]:
                cnm.onRevolution(iPlayer)
    Turns out the game is only bothering to look into updating city names on changing civics (and thus doing communist city renamings) when the player is Egypt. So really, if only Egypt had ever gotten a hold of Sankt Petersburg and then become communist renaming to Leningrad would have worked just fine. For Russia though, no such luck.

I suggest removing the line checking if the player is Egypt (which is redundant as onRevolution in the CityNameManager does it again anyway) and moving cnm.onRevolution(iPlayer) to a line above or below dc.onRevolution(iPlayer) in line 480.

At long last, we can finally see Leningrad and Stalingrad again!

trevor, 1SDAN and merijn_v1 like this.
  18. Genghis Khaiser

Genghis Khaiser Prince

Playing as America in the 1700 AD scenario.

I saw the Spanish have two Guatemala cities. One that they founded south of the Central American mountains and another one in Honduras or Nicaragua, Ciudad de Guatemala. The city name in that tile is San José.

I have another minor issue with the screen resolution. In the late game where you have met the whole world, have some vassals and espionage the list of civilizations in the world ends up filling the right half of my screen so I have to click my own empire's city so I can see. Is there a way to reduce that text's size?

19. keli

keli Prince

Crash bug after I press the next round button. Might have to do with me completing the UHV.
    Build: v1.16 official release (no github modifications or other modmods etc.)

Is there a way to fix this myself? Would love to continue the game.

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  20. Leoreth

Can you clarify if it is 1.16.0 or 1.16.2?