Bug Reports and Technical Issues

So I went back to the autosave of the turn after I spawn in, and it turns out they were all over the Indian Ocean at that point too. I had just assumed they came from Pagan. I don't have the initial save, unfortunately.
I see that you're on Marathon speed, apparently I did not account for game speed when adopting the new code, so you got three times as many barbarian spawns.

I see that you're on Marathon speed, apparently I did not account for game speed when adopting the new code, so you got three times as many barbarian spawns.
Oh boy. :lol:

I get this error screen when I open up the Victory Conditions screen
Spoiler Bug :

20200622184838_1.jpg

Nevermind, I just saw you just did a fix for this!

Should also be fixed with the recent update!

Can you upload your PythonErr.log? It's in the Logs folder next to your savegames.

Mostly just to practice with git and Civ4 modding, I wanted to attempt to open a pull request for a minor bug where fascist titles for Denmark and Norway are missing.

I think I stumbled on a different issue when I tried to update and reproduce the problem, because on the develop branch now, the Short Description/Adjective of Vikings doesn't appear to change at all. I wasn't sure what to do in this case, so I opened the PR on my own fork.

Following the steps to reproduce in the PR, from 600AD Vikings/Viking never changes to Norway/Norwegian or Denmark/Danish and same with Sweden/Swedish in 1700, while on commit b683fa77226d128411069b0380efa9a401a14eae it does work correctly.

Attached is a save, on the next turn the capital should be moved to Oslo but Sweden/Swedish does not change to Norway/Norwegian. And as an unrelated bonus, if I open the city screen for Oslo, the game is flooded when error messages.

Attachments

• Gustav Adolph AD-1769 Turn 344 palace next turn.CivBeyondSwordSave
    883 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot (55).png
    Screenshot (55).png
    2 MB · Views: 87
To clarify, only location based dynamic names are affected?

No, sorry.

To clarify, only location based dynamic names are affected?
So, the only cases where Adjective and Short Description appear to be changed are Vikings/Sweden to Norway or Denmark, Phoenicia to Carthage, and Moors to Morocco. All of these are based on the location of the capital, but it's not just the "onPalaceMoved" check. I noticed Vikings didn't change when you researched a Renaissance tech from 600AD (which should be the onTechAcquired function).

I verified that Phoenicia no longer changes to Carthage when the palace is rebuilt in Qart-Hadast in natural gameplay. There also seems to be an issue with UHV1 because I got this popup every turn until I failed it. The Victory screen also glitches out. Save attached.

Just to be thorough, I double checked Moors with WorldBuilder (adding prerequisites for an Industrial tech and researching it with a bunch of free scientists). With commit b683fa77226d128411069b0380efa9a401a14eae checked out, both Moors changes to Morocco and Phoenicia to Carthage under these circumstances.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Bronze Age Turn 76.CivBeyondSwordSave
    253.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    308.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG
    317.8 KB · Views: 63
AI Carthage is called the Phoenician Empire while their Capital is in West Africa in my game. If I'm reading the stability map right it appears their core never shifted? Should be the latest develop

Attachments

• Ramesses II BC-0100 Turn 134.CivBeyondSwordSave
    384.1 KB · Views: 54
Should be? Have you pulled the recent changes? I pushed a fix very recently.

I don't know if you necessarily need the save but on switching from Egypt to Rome in 3000 BC the victory screen's scroll function disappears.

Attachments

• Julius Caesar Iron Age Turn 91.CivBeyondSwordSave
    289.7 KB · Views: 74
AI Carthage is called the Phoenician Empire while their Capital is in West Africa in my game. If I'm reading the stability map right it appears their core never shifted? Should be the latest develop

Should be? Have you pulled the recent changes? I pushed a fix very recently.

Maybe this is caused by the PlotFactory.core() vs. Plots.core() overlap?! :dunno:

Maybe this is caused by the PlotFactory.core() vs. Plots.core() overlap?! :dunno:
Considering the dynamic name is also unaffected, unlikely. Let's figure out if the recent fixes are already in effect first.

Top Bottom