Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Leoreth

Leoreth Friend Next Door Moderator

The tooltip may be wrong, are Dikes not available earlier for the Dutch? I might be misremembering.

2. Dominus the Mentat

Dominus the Mentat Warlord

In civilopedia, the tech requirement is Hydraulics. Also, I only was able to build it in other cities after the discovery of Hydraulics.
    Civ4ScreenShot0076.JPG

Leoreth likes this.
  3. Leoreth

Maybe it could be moved to Urban Planning?

4. Leoreth

Is anyone still experiencing this? I opened the save with 1.16.2 and it looks fine to me.

5. Dominus the Mentat

Dominus the Mentat Warlord

Sorry for not answering before the update. I'm think its not the ideal, but its the closest one of their spawning date. I would suggest Machinery in the Middle Ages because it was the period that the people of the netherlands began taking seriously the construction of dikes and is when the population has grown sufficiently, turning possible a large workforce to build many of them. Although Machinery is a bit distant for a replacement of Levee, it makes sense that they could have used some sort of machines to help in the construction.

Leoreth likes this.
  6. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

The following turn sees Cairo flip to me, despite my being a 16th century England with no colonies. And a very bad python exception.

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  7. Seakin

Seakin Chieftain

Error message regarding Judaism spawn.

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  8. Leoreth

What commit are you on?

9. Leoreth

Okay, to explain: if you see Python exception it could be that you updated during an ongoing game. I never announced this (sorry for that) but I changed the way city secession data is stored between commits. I thought this would not impact saved games, but it seems I was wrong.

The actually flip you were experiencing was intentional from the mechanics as implemented: you're at war with Holy Rome, who controls Cairo and is about to experience a partial collapse. You have the best claim on the city because it's in your war targets area (Egypt for England) and you're currently winning the war. However, I don't think faraway cities should be considered for war target claims. I added a maximum distance condition which indirectly also requires the cities to be on the same continent as your closest city.

Hickman888 likes this.
  10. NoShameD

NoShameD Warlord

I have an error during my latest game, the game crashes when I hit the "next turn" button (I just downloaded the latest commit)... Can you find why ?

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  11. Leoreth

I'll investigate.

NoShameD likes this.
  12. Leoreth

Hey, so it's been a while since you reported this but do you happen to have earlier saves, preferably from the turn before?

What I can tell from this save is that the city was assigned by the Apostolic Palace. Do you still remember if there was a vote about that being announced to you? Obviously as a Protestant you are not entitled to vote but Catholics shouldn't just be able to agree on taking away your cities. Not sure what it's ought to be like but you should either be given at least the option to refuse or your city should never come up as a city to be asked for. Either way, I guess I messed up when I restricted the rights of non-member civs in the Apostolic Palace. But the decision to make your city the matter of debate happened the turn before and I would like to investigate that too.

13. Leoreth

Can't manage to open your save on any conceivable selection of commits that I've tried. Can you tell me the exact commit hash you're on?

14. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

I believe it occurred on the commit that you had also fixed the Holy Roman respawn area (7/27; maybe 7/28 though). I did update to your most recent update (7/29) before I reported it, and it happened again.

15. Leoreth

Have you updated while the game was ongoing?

16. NoShameD

NoShameD Warlord

It was supposed to be the latest one, with the changes of Harappans and Polynesians being there in the 3000 BC scenario... I will try to download the whole mod again

17. Leoreth

I just want to know which one it was. "Latest" is a moving target because the mod is currently updating almost daily.

18. NoShameD

NoShameD Warlord

Well, it looks like my version was kinda broken, as when I re-downloaded the mod, I can't open my own save. I will have to play this game again !

19. Leoreth

I think you were just out of date. I guess we won't find out.

20. Seakin

Seakin Chieftain

Error regading a civ spawn.

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.