1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Leoreth

Leoreth Friend Next Door Moderator

It says IN 170 AD, your screenshot is from 145 BC.

Thank you for the additional information.

I can't help but read that passive-aggressively :lol:

2. EmperorNorton

EmperorNorton Chieftain

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    Hickman888 likes this.
  3. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

I never play the mods I have created, I just wanted to know if you do.

I have a little problem but about RFC not DoC. (I still don't know if this thread is only for DoC or also RFC.)
    I managed to add the Moors and everything works fine except that the game reads them as the Khmer. Every civ is read as it's precedent civ. For example France is Spain and Spain is the Moors etc...
    Might I add that the Moors are actually the Carthagians so that might be the problem.

4. Leoreth

That really is wild. Not even Japan? Though it explains the nature of his UHVs to some extent.

No worries. It's obvious to me that I play the mod? I wouldn't have any idea what is going on otherwise. I don't always play out to test every minor change or fix I make, which may sometimes lead to further bugs I don't catch. But when it comes to gameplay changes I usually play them quite extensively to see what happens. Things like new civs or UHV changes are always played to victory both to see if everything works and to get a feeling for the difficulty.

I rarely play the mod without a particular thing in mind that I want to test. I always feel that it's not the best use of my time when I could also work on something new. But I still enjoy it when I do.

5. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

In my current Russian game, I am set to finish the Manhattan Project on the following turn. However, I fail my 2nd historical goal once it's completed, even though nobody else has finished the Manhattan Project.

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  6. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

This popup occurs whenever I try to ask another civilization "what are you willing to give me for this?". Playing as Portugal, and this is the first civilization I've noticed this with.
    Spoiler Python Exception :
    20201017135145_1.jpg

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  7. EmperorNorton

EmperorNorton Chieftain

ZeroDivisionError on the following turn. Subsequent turns keep throwing errors

Attached Files:

Leoreth and black213 like this.
  8. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

I started a game as the Spanish and was the first civ to send a caravel to the "New World". When my caravel got to Mexico the conquerors event triggered as usual. After that I capitulated the Aztecs and I made contact with the Incans because the Aztecs where of course my vassals. Well I sent my caravel to Peru but the conquerors event didn't trigger. After about 10 turns the French sent a caravel to Peru and the event still didn't trigger! Why is this? Also I went back with an auto save and didn't capitulate the Aztecs and when my caravel reached Peru the conquerors event triggered.
    Below is a save of when my caravel reached Peru.

Attached Files:

9. Leoreth

Working as intended. You need to make contact within the vicinity of the Incan core to trigger the conquerors.

Louis the XIV likes this.
  10. geks

geks Chieftain

ZeroDivisionError every turn.

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  11. Gritzeldrei

Gritzeldrei Warlord

Is it just me or is the protestant building graphics missing? Whenever I check their civilopedia screen the picture that shows out is a reddish dome.

12. Leoreth

They're fine for me, are you on VD?

13. Lord Roanino

Lord Roanino Chieftain

Several things happened:

The game crashed, so I reloaded the last save, but then it crashed again. I thought it might help, so I then deleted all the collapse-saves (which tend to pile up and take up a lot of space) in an attempt to get the game to run smoother. Unfortunately, something seems to have deleted that shouldn't have, or else some other problem has occurred: All the civilopedia entries for non-vanilla civs/religions/civics/game hints etc. etc. seems to have disappeared, to be replaced with "TXT_KEY_[whatever]". I've linked an example of what I'm talking about. What would you suggest for fixing this?

Attached Files:

14. Leoreth

Yes, you seem to have deleted some of the mod files. If you're on git, a quick "git checkout ." (or equivalent with tortoise) should restore them. If you just installed the mod, you'd have to reinstall it entirely.

Or you could look in your waste bin and restore the files you have deleted, if that's still possible.

15. Gritzeldrei

Gritzeldrei Warlord

Yes I actually use VD
    Here the pics:
    20201031112855_1.jpg 20201031112941_1.jpg 20201031112943_1.jpg

Leoreth likes this.
  16. Leoreth

Okay, I will check VD then.

17. Gritzeldrei

Gritzeldrei Warlord

Hello, I would like to check back. Are your files also missing Leoreth?

18. HighFunctioningAlcoholic

HighFunctioningAlcoholic Warlord

Going to say it for him, dude is sorta busy.

19. Leoreth

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that I would check right away. I have created a reminder to do so.

20. ThreeBlackSevens

ThreeBlackSevens Chieftain

Hey hey hey it’s a crash report! I’m guessing this one has something to do with too much happening in a civ collapse? Russia is GIGANTIC and unstable, and the crash error comes right after several occupied areas of it declare independence. Two other notable things are that two cities in the Southern and Eastern Mediterranean (I think one in Egypt and one in Libya? I forget exactly where) have been conquered but have incredibly long resistance times that must be some kind of bug.

I took a photo of the error report (sorry for the quality, I wasn’t sure if a screenshot would register before the game crashed lol), and I’ll send some saves in a second post due to the photo and the saves being on different devices. This is the first time I’ve sent a photo in here so idk if I did it right, sorry if something’s weird with it lol.

Error message for convenience: "Error in EndPlayerTurn event handler <bound method CvRFCEventHandler onEndPlayerTurn of <CvRFCEventHandler CvRFCEventHandler instance at 0x07E78738"
    ADD45C7A-EF87-4F23-91E7-DF3DF72242D9.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
    Leoreth likes this.