Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but I can't use my slave (acquired when I conquered an Independent city) to build a slave plantation.

Civ4ScreenShot0244.JPG

Attachments

• Slave Strike.CivBeyondSwordSave
    560 KB · Views: 16
I am getting a CTD when ending this turn. I should get the victory text, but instead the game crashes.

I am playing 1.16 on a fresh Steam install.

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-0700 Turn 148.CivBeyondSwordSave
    307.8 KB · Views: 21
Playing on the "Victory" branch.
I have 7 cities in Siberia in 1700, and the Victory Screen confirms that.
Yet when I end the turn, I get the notification that I have failed the 1st goal.

Civ4ScreenShot0258.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0259.JPG

Attachments

• RFCD Russia.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
I have also tried WB'ing a railroad route (covered with my culture) from Moscow to Vladivostok to see if that makes any difference.
Yet the "Trans-Siberian Railroad" goal does not show as completed.

Attachments

• Trans Siberia.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
"victory" branch,
The Open Borders goal for the Portugal is not working correctly either.

Civ4ScreenShot0263.JPG

14/14 Open Borders in 1550
(actually, it was already done by 1545, without the notification coming up or the goal being checked as "Done")

Civ4ScreenShot0262.JPG

When I end turn, I fail the goal.

Attachments

• Open Borders.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
Playing on the "develop" branch, latest commit.

I have the Totalitarianism civic selected, which removes resistance on city conquest.

Now when I conquer Damascus, the popup asking what to do with the city (raze, sack, etc.) comes up.
But when I select "return to Turkey", the "choose what to build in this city" popup will come up *before* the city is transfered.
If I click "examine city" in this state, I get a CTD.

Civ4ScreenShot0519.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0520.JPG

Attachments

• damascus.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
Playing on the "develop" branch, latest commit.

I have the Totalitarianism civic selected, which removes resistance on city conquest.

Now when I conquer Damascus, the popup asking what to do with the city (raze, sack, etc.) comes up.
But when I select "return to Turkey", the "choose what to build in this city" popup will come up *before* the city is transfered.
If I click "examine city" in this state, I get a CTD.

View attachment 603123 View attachment 603124
Is the save from before the city was acquired?

View attachment 603128

There is a "Crusade" option among UN resolutions, I thought crusades were for the Papal Controller only?
Do you have a save for that as well?

Thanks!

I am getting a CTD when ending this turn. I should get the victory text, but instead the game crashes.

I am playing 1.16 on a fresh Steam install.
I tried opening this on 1.16.3 and the latest develop branch, and I won the victory without issues.

I can't capture workers after I load a savefile, even though I have Slavery enacted.

Civ4ScreenShot0591.JPG

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1829 Turn 364.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
America game with "victory" branch. After I capitulated China victory screen shows that allied power and commerce are both over 75%. I end my turn and 3rd goal isn't completed.

Attachments

• Washington AD-1963 Turn 651.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
I can't capture workers after I load a savefile, even though I have Slavery enacted.

View attachment 603281
That's because the workers are on a marsh tile. You need to be able to advance into the tile to capture a unit, and the musketeer cannot enter marshes.

That's because the workers are on a marsh tile. You need to be able to advance into the tile to capture a unit, and the musketeer cannot enter marshes.

Is it WAD that you can stil destroy workers located on marsh tiles even though you are using a unit that's not able to enter those?

Is it WAD that you can stil destroy workers located on marsh tiles even though you are using a unit that's not able to enter those?

This is similar to the behaviour in BTS where you can destroy workers located in cities with gunships although gunships cannot enter enemy cities, but on the other hand in BTS you can't destroy submarines that are on water ice tiles with an adjacent destroyer so this seems a little bit inconsistent. (Both of these examples work in the same way in RFC DOC as in BTS.)

Last edited:
It's not worth changing the rules entirely just to prevent that situation.

Well this is rather odd. I was gonna start playing Rome (got inspired to try again after seeing Leoreth's game of it :p) and it turns out there was no Rome, only a single catapult.

Also, it got frozen saying there was one turn of autoplay remaining but without the continue button or whatever at the bottom, so I clicked the little house in the bar of icons in the top right corner and it got me here.

At one point during autoplay I pressed the windows key but that's never caused anything weird with any games before, so I doubt it had anything to do with it.

The version is just regular 1.16 (Is the victory branch compatible with existing saved games by the way? That's the main reason I haven't tried it)
rome is a sicilian catapult lol.png

Edit: They spawned the next turn and that's when it said I entered the Classical era, so it's not game-breaking but certainly odd.

Last edited:
There is no Rome, it was just a bad dream. Go back to bed bro

Top Bottom