Bug Reports and Technical Issues

You should really rethink how you settle your cities in this mod.
Here are screenshots from my Tamil game (emperor, epic):
City setup (India had settled Chennai and refused the flip, which really speed up things).
View attachment 492068
And my stability. After entering medival era I had no problems with it expansion.
View attachment 492070
AGH! TILTED GAMEPLAY! BURN IT WITH WATER!

After some tries (and failures, damned palgue...), I'm finally able to finish a polish game! But my game crashes as I hit the "next turn" button :sad:

Attachments

• Sobieski AD-1585 Turn 875.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
I know ) Not in this case.

Can you explain what you mean by this? Why not in this case?

I had a long and protracted campaign to avoid penalty for city founded on resources. Given the scale of the map a city founded on resource is really a city founded near resource, as close as possible.

In that case, that is not the thing they are concerned about.

After some tries (and failures, damned palgue...), I'm finally able to finish a polish game! But my game crashes as I hit the "next turn" button :sad:
Not for me, are you using VD?

As someone who uses the World Builder often, I find it stressful that lists in its screens always scroll back to the top automatically after changing something. Very annoying especially when I'm working on a lot. For example, when assigning religions to cities, the list scrolls back to the top after every time I add/remove a religion to a city. Really a hassle especially when there are a lot of cities on the map already and I'm also assigning religions to a lot of cities.

As someone who uses the World Builder often, I find it stressful that lists in its screens always scroll back to the top automatically after changing something. Very annoying especially when I'm working on a lot. For example, when assigning religions to cities, the list scrolls back to the top after every time I add/remove a religion to a city. Really a hassle especially when there are a lot of cities on the map already and I'm also assigning religions to a lot of cities.

Unfortunately, that is a result of how python screens work. You can work around this. Set the first drowdown menu to "Player" and it will only show the cities of the selected player.

Last edited:
Well not necessarily, you can control when the screen is redrawn.

I don't know, I only know that I cannot reproduce your issue. Try a clean clone instead.
Done. This is using the version available last time I downloaded the .zip, which was right after you made this post.

Exact same error. Before I tried it in a clean version, I tried and failed to get it to work by fixing an apparent error in RFCUtils, where unit.Kill(iBarbarian, False) seems to be backwards (It should be False, iBarbarian).

Two turns after the save is when it crashes. And here's the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 400, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "CvRFCEventHandler", line 603, in onBeginGameTurn
File "Stability", line 53, in checkTurn
File "Stability", line 581, in completeCollapse
File "Stability", line 491, in secedeCities
File "Stability", line 556, in secedeCity
File "RFCUtils", line 1887, in flipOrCreateDefenders
File "RFCUtils", line 1855, in flipUnits
File "RFCUtils", line 1861, in flipUnit
File "RFCUtils", line 182, in makeUnit
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1282 Turn 744.CivBeyondSwordSave
    771.6 KB · Views: 25
I assume you mean in Varietas Delectat?

How is the fix for Cottages not being able to be built on Rainforest Plains going?

Decided that it's working as intended.

The tile has zero food, and cottages require food on the tile.

I think someone already reported this bug but I noticed the Native American civs are missing a great spy texture and commands, and Polynesia still uses the Inca language and much of their art, even though I vaguely recall this being mentioned as changed/fixed?

This next issue could be to do with length of folder chains, but the Tamil elephants are missing a texture for their howdah (it's just the glossy pink), the reason I suspect it could be a bug is because I haven't had this occur in any other instances in 1.15, when in 1.14 it occurred so frequently.

I am using Varietas Delectat.

How is the fix for Cottages not being able to be built on Rainforest Plains going?

You might want to check this out. (It's for K-Mod, so I don't know would it work in DoC without adjustments.)

The tile has zero food, and cottages require food on the tile.

IIRC, Hamlets built by Labourers don't require food on the tile. I don't know if this difference is intended.

You might want to check this out. (It's for K-Mod, so I don't know would it work in DoC without adjustments.)

This is a little different: Cottages can be built on Jungles without chopping them, and I was unaware that cottages required food on the tile to build.

Chinese UP is still thoroughly bugged. Values doesn't match intended stability level. Attached save.
Even if it would work properly I have my doubts as to if it isn't to powerful.

Attachments

• China.CivBeyondSwordSave
    617.7 KB · Views: 52
Top Bottom