Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
5. I randomly get weird UI glitches where the tile yields display on the map do not match the tile yields actually being produced. Example: in this screen shot, the map displays 3 Food 1 Gold on a farm tile that is actually producing only 3 Food.

I've caught this in the act actually, sometimes for some reason, some of my farms turn into 3(4) food 1 gold tiles for about one or two turns, after that they go back to their normal yields, but since the user interface have always blown at updating yields on the map, they stay 3(4) food 1 gold on the map for quite a while after. No idea why this occurs as of yet.

I've caught this in the act actually, sometimes for some reason, some of my farms turn into 3(4) food 1 gold tiles for about one or two turns, after that they go back to their normal yields, but since the user interface have always blown at updating yields on the map, they stay 3(4) food 1 gold on the map for quite a while after. No idea why this occurs as of yet.

This in happening since 6/27 or 6/29 to me too, and not only in farms but too in others tiles appear +1 gold, both in tiles without previous gold income, or adding +1 to the actual amount generated.

And at least in my case in not only visual, really is adding +1 gold, affecting the amount of gold generated by the city and poverty happiness.

It's not just gold for me. I've also had it display phantom culture yields. It's always just a display issue on the map for me though. The yields in the city screen are accurate.

Indonesia and their "special" resources (Nutmeg, Cloves, Pepper). Anyone ever have a problem getting a great person improvement to "hook up" such luxuries?

Was playing a game a short bit ago, stuck a holy site on a clove with a great prophet, no hook up. Thought to myself maybe the tool tip was out of date, though I could've swore any special GP improvement hooked up resources.

Later I stuck a great merchant "town" on a clove and got nothing for it in terms of hook up either. I have not had the chance to test whether the other specials (nutmeg, pepper) show the same behavior.

This is the first July 1 patch game I've played, I haven't plunked down any other GP improvements on any other resources for instant hook up attempt, or noticed anything in the changelogs to make me expect this kind of thing.

Ciao

Indonesia and their "special" resources (Nutmeg, Cloves, Pepper). Anyone ever have a problem getting a great person improvement to "hook up" such luxuries?

Was playing a game a short bit ago, stuck a holy site on a clove with a great prophet, no hook up. Thought to myself maybe the tool tip was out of date, though I could've swore any special GP improvement hooked up resources.

Later I stuck a great merchant "town" on a clove and got nothing for it in terms of hook up either. I have not had the chance to test whether the other specials (nutmeg, pepper) show the same behavior.

This is the first July 1 patch game I've played, I haven't plunked down any other GP improvements on any other resources for instant hook up attempt, or noticed anything in the changelogs to make me expect this kind of thing.

Ciao

I've actually never placed a GP on a Indonesian luxury, I mean even if it does connect it, you still lose out on 2 food and 3 gold or something silly like that by not building the plantation, literally GPing anything else is better,

EDIT: and Yes GP improvements are supposed to connect luxuries, it's a CPP feature.

This old bug APPEARS to still be around.

I am using the CP v55.1, CSD v24, and EUI. I took desert folklore as my pantheon but am not getting any faith from my tiles. You can see in the top right that I'm only getting +1 faith. I've attached a screenshot. This is the first time I've noticed this with the CP, but I know it worked with whoward's DLL v53

I am currently running the following MODs.
  • CP (v.66)
  • CBP (v.13)
  • CSD for CBP (6-19) (v.27)
  • C4F CBP Edition (6/19) (v.10)
  • Compatibility Files No EUI (v.1)
  • More Luxuries (v.155)
  • Health and Plague for BNW (v.12)
  • CBP Health and Plague Compatibility (v1.1)
  • Events and Decisions - CBP Edition (3/30) (v.1)
  • JFD's Exploration Expanded (v.6)
Everything else appears to be stable and functional. However, after having chosen Desert Folklore as my Pantheon, I noted that the promised additional Faith bonus did not come with the improved Desert Resource tiles.

I located the solution previously posted in this forum and, by pasting the code below to the top of the CoreChanges.sql file inside Community Patch (7-1) / Core Files/Core Changes, the problem went away for my next game.

However, this fix ought to be incorporated into the patch files. Obviously.

Sorry about that. I know precisely what is up– I didn't set the define for that to be unique in the DLL, so the game is looking for a piece of information you don't have. Try dropping this bit of code into one of the 'core' SQL files in the Community Patch, and it should work for now. I'll issue a proper fix in the next version.

Code:
UPDATE Beliefs
SET RequiresResource = 'true'
WHERE Type = 'BELIEF_DESERT_FOLKLORE' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_RELIGION' AND Value= 1 );

UPDATE Beliefs
SET RequiresImprovement = 'true'
WHERE Type = 'BELIEF_DESERT_FOLKLORE' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_RELIGION' AND Value= 1 );

UPDATE Beliefs
SET RequiresImprovement = 'true'
WHERE Type = 'BELIEF_DANCE_AURORA' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_RELIGION' AND Value= 1 );

UPDATE Beliefs
SET RequiresResource = 'true'
WHERE Type = 'BELIEF_DANCE_AURORA' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_RELIGION' AND Value= 1 );

UPDATE Language_en_US
SET Text = '+1 [ICON_PEACE] Faith from Tundra tiles with improved resources'
WHERE Tag = 'TXT_KEY_BELIEF_DANCE_AURORA' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_RELIGION' AND Value= 1 );

UPDATE Language_en_US
SET Text = '+1 [ICON_PEACE] Faith from Desert tiles with improved resources'
WHERE Tag = 'TXT_KEY_BELIEF_DESERT_FOLKLORE' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_RELIGION' AND Value= 1 );

This will make it use the CBP balance version, but I'll make it vanilla in the next version.

Also, this isn't savegame compatible, so caveat downloader.
G

I cannot see building's tooltips.

This is my first install of Community Patch. Is this a bug or have I installed it incorrectly?

Mods I have installed and enabled:
C4DF
CBP - Compatibility Files (EUI)
CBP DELETED LUA FOLDER Per Install Instructions
CP DELETED LUA FOLDER Per Install Instructions
CSD for CBP
More Luxuries

DLC:
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Complete Edition
EUI for CBP

Hi guys. I'm the author of Barbarian Lands. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, but my mod allows you to play a Barbarian "civilization" that is at peace with the Barbarians (much like JFD's Germans, in a way).

Even though I can see peace being declared, I usually find the AI Barbarians and the Barbarian civilization attacking each-other not long after. This is in spite of my setting permanent war/peace to true in lua code and moving the two players onto the same team.

Is there something in the community patch that forces the Barbarians (civ id 63) to be at war with everyone regardless? This issue only occurs when CP + CBP are enabled.

For the last 3 Immortal difficulty level games I've played Byzantium didn't found their own religion... It seams to be super odd with their UA.

For the last 3 Immortal difficulty level games I've played Byzantium didn't found their own religion... It seams to be super odd with their UA.

Depending on the setup it actually gets rather hard to found a religion, and Byzantium still doesn't have any benefits in that department as both their UB and UA kicks in after all religions are already founded.

It isn't really a bug, but it's quite a problem.

I cannot see building's tooltips.

This is my first install of Community Patch. Is this a bug or have I installed it incorrectly?

Mods I have installed and enabled:
C4DF
CBP - Compatibility Files (EUI)
CBP DELETED LUA FOLDER Per Install Instructions
CP DELETED LUA FOLDER Per Install Instructions
CSD for CBP
More Luxuries

DLC:
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Complete Edition
EUI for CBP

I still have this issue. Would someone please help me fix it? I have no idea what I have done wrong.

My game suddenly crashes on turn 344 (when i press "Next turn" and first civilization in line starts their turn), without any notification.

Installed Mods:
  • СP base (5-13)
  • Events & Decisions
  • Cultural Diversity
  • Cultural Diversity Soundtrack
  • Historical Religions
  • Faster Aircraft Animations
  • Slower Research
  • Global Relations

I have BNW and G&K with all DLC civilizations included.

This is my first time using Community Patch and i am delighted with AI improvements, comparing to previous AI mods i have used. I have played with all of listed mods hundreds of hours and they never caused problems during the game, so i am quite sure CP is problem.

I attached minidump file, don't know if somebody can help me with information i provided.

Attachments

• CvMiniDump.zip
    215.6 KB · Views: 66
For what it's worth I diagnosed my own error. It was my mod causing the Barbarians to fight each-other because I didn't tighten my game init logic enough.

This is code from my mod that stopped working under the DLL:

Code:
        iBarbMinorCiv = GameDefines.MAX_CIV_PLAYERS

for playerID = 0, iBarbMinorCiv - 1 do
		local player = Players[playerID]
		if player:IsAlive() then
			if IsBarbMajorCiv(playerID) then
				-- Major Barbs, make peace with minors
				print("Setting PEACE between teams [" .. player:GetTeam() .. "] and [" .. Players[iBarbMinorCiv]:GetTeam() .. "].")
				if Teams[player:GetTeam()]:IsAtWar(Players[iBarbMinorCiv]:GetTeam()) then
					Teams[player:GetTeam()]:MakePeace(Players[iBarbMinorCiv]:GetTeam())
				end
				Teams[player:GetTeam()]:SetPermanentWarPeace(Players[iBarbMinorCiv]:GetTeam(), true)
			else
				-- Major non-Barb, Major Barb declares war on YOU
				print("Setting WAR between teams [" .. player:GetTeam() .. "] and [" .. Players[iBarbMajorCiv]:GetTeam() .. "].")
				if not Teams[player:GetTeam()]:IsAtWar(Players[iBarbMajorCiv]:GetTeam()) then
					Teams[Players[iBarbMajorCiv]:GetTeam()]:DeclareWar(player:GetTeam())
				end
				Teams[Players[iBarbMajorCiv]:GetTeam()]:SetPermanentWarPeace(player:GetTeam(), true)
			end
		end
	end

This code works fine in vanilla but under the DLL I believe it was causing the Barbarians to declare war on one another. This might be because i'm stuffing around with teams after setting war or peace. Or it might have been because the minor barbs aren't located at id 63 like I expect.

So I split the above into two loops and explicitly make sure everyone involved in the war/peace declaration is who I expect them to be, and that did it.

For what it's worth I diagnosed my own error. It was my mod causing the Barbarians to fight each-other because I didn't tighten my game init logic enough.

This is code from my mod that stopped working under the DLL:

Code:
        iBarbMinorCiv = GameDefines.MAX_CIV_PLAYERS

for playerID = 0, iBarbMinorCiv - 1 do
		local player = Players[playerID]
		if player:IsAlive() then
			if IsBarbMajorCiv(playerID) then
				-- Major Barbs, make peace with minors
				print("Setting PEACE between teams [" .. player:GetTeam() .. "] and [" .. Players[iBarbMinorCiv]:GetTeam() .. "].")
				if Teams[player:GetTeam()]:IsAtWar(Players[iBarbMinorCiv]:GetTeam()) then
					Teams[player:GetTeam()]:MakePeace(Players[iBarbMinorCiv]:GetTeam())
				end
				Teams[player:GetTeam()]:SetPermanentWarPeace(Players[iBarbMinorCiv]:GetTeam(), true)
			else
				-- Major non-Barb, Major Barb declares war on YOU
				print("Setting WAR between teams [" .. player:GetTeam() .. "] and [" .. Players[iBarbMajorCiv]:GetTeam() .. "].")
				if not Teams[player:GetTeam()]:IsAtWar(Players[iBarbMajorCiv]:GetTeam()) then
					Teams[Players[iBarbMajorCiv]:GetTeam()]:DeclareWar(player:GetTeam())
				end
				Teams[Players[iBarbMajorCiv]:GetTeam()]:SetPermanentWarPeace(player:GetTeam(), true)
			end
		end
	end

This code works fine in vanilla but under the DLL I believe it was causing the Barbarians to declare war on one another. This might be because i'm stuffing around with teams after setting war or peace. Or it might have been because the minor barbs aren't located at id 63 like I expect.

So I split the above into two loops and explicitly make sure everyone involved in the war/peace declaration is who I expect them to be, and that did it.

Teams are handled a little differently (but a little more discretely) in the CP than in vanilla civ, that's probably what caused it. Glad you fixed it!

G

Something is wrong with map generation, I am on turn 164 with "raging barbarians" on and didn't see even a single barbarian aside the ones spawned from City-State quest.
EDIT: also the bug where some civs sit at one city is back.

Good to hear you solved it. I will add your mod to the mod compatibility thread. It sounds fun!

Well i'm getting scattered reports of game crashes in the late game (turn ~200+) so i'd hold off until I figure it all out. I use code to blacklist Barbarians from building any building (except walls/barracks) so maybe there's something in the late game they need to build that they can't and it crashes.

I need to run the mod through a really long autoplay with DLL enabled before I can say with 100% confidence that it's compatible. I thought I had it solved earlier and apparently I don't :(

I'm using Player: SetFaith(), Player: ChangeJONSCulture(), Player: GetJONSCulture(), and TeamTechs: SetResearchProgress() to deliberately stagnate the Barbarians in faith, culture and science. Has the DLL changed any of those?

I'm also doing some tricky stuff, like putting Minor Barbarians (63) and the Barbarian Civ's all on the same team, but then when a city is founded, found it to the minors but annex it by the major civ. This allows for a "liberation" option when taking Barbarian cities, whereby the city is handed "back" to the Minor Barbarians (63) who execute Player: Disband() on each city on their turn. Maybe the DLL doesn't like that? It would crop up late-game because AI civs only liberate rarely.

My game suddenly crashes on turn 344 (when i press "Next turn" and first civilization in line starts their turn), without any notification.

Installed Mods:
  • СP base (5-13)
  • Events & Decisions
  • Cultural Diversity
  • Cultural Diversity Soundtrack
  • Historical Religions
  • Faster Aircraft Animations
  • Slower Research
  • Global Relations

I have BNW and G&K with all DLC civilizations included.

This is my first time using Community Patch and i am delighted with AI improvements, comparing to previous AI mods i have used. I have played with all of listed mods hundreds of hours and they never caused problems during the game, so i am quite sure CP is problem.

I attached minidump file, don't know if somebody can help me with information i provided.

Added log files. Don't know where to search my save game, there is no file in Documents folder

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    25.5 KB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom