Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw your post after my edit, Gazebo. Will do; thanks for your efforts, so far. I'll return with log files when I have them.

-asp

Edit:
55 Turns in and no problems. Attached are the log files for a baseline.
View attachment CBP Full Core - Database.txt
View attachment CBP Full Core - lua.txt

I have some errands to run today, so it will likely be a few hours, at least, until I can do more testing, but the plan is to add Events & Decisions, More Luxuries, and Thal's Promotion Flags on the next run, unless someone has different suggestions.

I'm also thinking I'll clear the cache & ModUserData folders before run #2. Good idea, or overkill, do you think?

-asp

Are we just not able to queue techs anymore without having to reopen the tech tree every time? Same for queuing buildings until you got the first one in?

Hey all. I'm a little new here, so I hope this is the right place. Sorry if it has already been answered. I've been looking everywhere and I can't find the solution.

I've been spending all morning trying to get the community patch to work, to no avail. Most recetly, after downloading all of the mods (The Community Patch (v.66), Community Balance Patch (v.13), City-State Diplomacy Mod for CBP, Civ IV Diplomatic Features(6-9) (v.27), Events and Decisions (v.1), Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (EUI) (v.1), as well as the most recent version of EUI (unzipped in the DLC folder).

I've loaded the game up multiple times, verified the game integrity twice, deleted the local cache, and every time I start a game, whenever I settle my first city, my screen gets locked in the screen and I am unable to build anything or leave it. Buttons light up when I hover over them, and I am able to move the mouse, but I can't leave the screen and clicking on anything does absolutely nothing.

I am at my wits end. What can I do to fix this? i'm getting frustrated at this point after trying everything else.

This is my first time on this forum. I think I uploaded the picture of the screen somehwere so I hope it shows.

Attachments

• workdamnyou.jpg
    workdamnyou.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 64
Industry finisher only seems to give 1 hammer instead of the two that are promised.

I seem to have a problem with happiness total and Luxuries.
Apparently the extra happiness per luxury Based on Population isn't counted in the total.
Here is a screenshot:
Spoiler :

[/url][/IMG]

As you can see, the total should be 86 instead of 67.
I THINK that this might have occured when I expended My Great Admiral to find new luxuries but I'm not sure.

I seem to have a problem with happiness total and Luxuries.
Apparently the extra happiness per luxury Based on Population isn't counted in the total.
Here is a screenshot:
Spoiler :

[/url][/IMG]

As you can see, the total should be 86 instead of 67.
I THINK that this might have occured when I expended My Great Admiral to find new luxuries but I'm not sure.

Looks like a LUA bug. When you go to your cities, are you actually getting an unhappiness penalty? If not, that confirms it.

I'll fix for next version, thanks!
G

Has anyone else had trouble when playing using EUI and all the compatibility stuff, that when you click an arrow to switch cities in city view, it freezes the game, making you sign out/in if it's in full screen?

It doesn't 'crash', it just totally stops responding.

I have to leave now but I'll tell you asap if I have the penalty in my cities

For The Grand Canal Project, it was supposed to cost 2400 hammers but at the end our total production summed up to +-3900, is it a bug or did I miss something in the Projects mechanics?

Other very small bug: a pillaged tile in a CS avoid us to see an archaeology site, I've only seen it in the Strategic View

I have to leave now but I'll tell you asap if I have the penalty in my cities

For The Grand Canal Project, it was supposed to cost 2400 hammers but at the end our total production summed up to +-3900, is it a bug or did I miss something in the Projects mechanics?
Other very small bug: a pillaged tile in a CS avoid us to see an archaeology site, I've only seen it in the Strategic View

Projects cost more than the civilopedia entry states, depending on the era you are in. This is because the civilopedia is 'static' (can't be updated).

G

Projects cost more than the civilopedia entry states, depending on the era you are in.
ok, thanks, I didnt' know that .

For the happiness problem:
it is weird, I suffer a -3% penalty (for 3 unhappiness) only on the food production, in every city.
Nothing for the hammers. No penalty, no bonus
My global science, gold and culture outputs also get the unhappiness penalty.

I play only with the four main mods (cp cbp csd c4df) and more luxuries (and the compatibility files)
BUT I am still using the 8-29 version, not the very last one

My game freezes when toggeling through city list. Happened again after loading a autosave and trying to toggle, but not with every city.

9/1 version, Mods (CP CBP CSD C4D EUI, more lux, IA and some minor others)

This is the requested Lua log for github issue #588 Inability to Raze Cities or Disband Units.

Please let me know if there is any other information that could be provided. I am currently in late Renaissance period, but the bug occurred much earlier-on in the game than that.

Attachments

• Lua.rar
    4.1 KB · Views: 57
My game freezes when toggeling through city list. Happened again after loading a autosave and trying to toggle, but not with every city.

9/1 version, Mods (CP CBP CSD C4D EUI, more lux, IA and some minor others)

Happens to me too, and I have found the cause. Basically, if the next city is a puppet, it crashes.

I have Venice, which was anexed, and then captured Genesee River, which is puppeted and in resistance. When I try to move from Venice, instead of going directly to my capital, seems to be trying to go to Genesee. I annexed Genesee and the crash doesn't happen.

Happens to me too, and I have found the cause. Basically, if the next city is a puppet, it crashes.

I have Venice, which was anexed, and then captured Genesee River, which is puppeted and in resistance. When I try to move from Venice, instead of going directly to my capital, seems to be trying to go to Genesee. I annexed Genesee and the crash doesn't happen.

This is a known bug, and will be fixed for the next version.

G

This is a known bug, and will be fixed for the next version.

G

Cool, couldn't find the report of the fix. Thanks!

My enemies have cossacks and ninjas at game start. Then crash to desktop before I reach classical era.

Playing
  • CP 9-1
  • CBP 0-1
  • CSD 0-1
  • Civ 4 Features 6/19
  • More Luxuries
  • CBP Compatibility Non-EUI
  • Events and Decisions
  • Health and Plague
  • Health and Plague Compatibility File
  • Barbarian Lands
  • Quick Turns