Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the Russian Cossack. It comes from ExCE's Cossack Tribe, which allows you to build Cossacks should you have that Tribe within your borders.

I don't think this explains it. Seems everyone has a cossack and everyone has several ninjas. Except me. Something very odd is going on. I've used exploration expanded with every other version of CBP and never seen anything like this.

Its odd that there is only one other report of this problem.

I'm going to reinstall all mods fresh and see what happens.

I don't think this explains it. Seems everyone has a cossack and everyone has several ninjas. Except me. Something very odd is going on. I've used exploration expanded with every other version of CBP and never seen anything like this.

Its odd that there is only one other report of this problem.

I'm going to reinstall all mods fresh and see what happens.

Be sure to update to the latest version of ExCE whilst you're at it.

I'm running version 1.0.3.279 [Steam auto-update] with the following mods. I'm Running Windows 8 with Direct X9. If I close the game (either exit to Main Menu or exit to Windows), then relaunch the game and load the saved game it crashes at the leader load scene.

"C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Mods\CSD for CBP (9-1)"
"C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Mods\Civ IV Diplomatic Features (6-19)"
"C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Mods\Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (EUI) (9-4)"
"C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Mods\Community Balance Patch (9-4)" deleted the LUA folder
"C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Mods\Community Patch (9-4)" deleted the LUA folder
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\UI_bc1" [Downloaded from this page]

I deleted the cache, re-downloaded the mods, and re-deleted the cache with same behavior. I've also removed and reinstalled the game via steam last week. See attached for CvMiniDump

The CPP project is awesome, and I've become quite accustomed to its game-play improvements. Playing Civ 5 without CPP, is just a sad reminder of what it could be, so it isn't much fun. Not being able to load a saved game is a big deal to me.

I'm sure I must be doing something wrong on my end, because I haven't seen others reporting this issue.

I've been experiencing this at least since the August 24 CP issuance. This behavior doesn't occur when playing a game without any mods or with other mods (e.g. Extended Eras, IGE). Any hunches of where to start?

Thanks!

Attachments

• CvMiniDump.7z
    20.7 KB · Views: 50
Be sure to update to the latest version of ExCE whilst you're at it.

I started this morning with the base MODs (CP, CBP, Civ4, CSD, Compatibility) and then, after successive tests, began adding in more and more MODs, culminating in the latest ExCE. The Ninjas and Cossacks have gone away and have not returned. Unfortunately, it seems that so too did the Tribes and even Ruins!

Moreover, I'm just had another crash to desktop before the classical era. I don't know which mod is causing the problem and I've little resolve to find out.

Very frustrating.

I'm a couple weeks behind in updates, but, when I went to start a new game, I right-clicked on Assyria's Siege Tower in the leader selection screen and the Civilopedia page came up, but it was a template ("title goes here", etc.). After that, I couldn't close the screen, making me exit CiV.

Bit of nuisance, is all.

I'm a couple weeks behind in updates, but, when I went to start a new game, I right-clicked on Assyria's Siege Tower in the leader selection screen and the Civilopedia page came up, but it was a template ("title goes here", etc.). After that, I couldn't close the screen, making me exit CiV.

Bit of nuisance, is all.

Can't be avoided. EUI quirk with mods.

G

I'm running version 1.0.3.279 [Steam auto-update] with the following mods. I'm Running Windows 8 with Direct X9. If I close the game (either exit to Main Menu or exit to Windows), then relaunch the game and load the saved game it crashes at the leader load scene.

"C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Mods\CSD for CBP (9-1)"
"C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Mods\Civ IV Diplomatic Features (6-19)"
"C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Mods\Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (EUI) (9-4)"
"C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Mods\Community Balance Patch (9-4)" deleted the LUA folder
"C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Mods\Community Patch (9-4)" deleted the LUA folder
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\UI_bc1" [Downloaded from this page]

I deleted the cache, re-downloaded the mods, and re-deleted the cache with same behavior. I've also removed and reinstalled the game via steam last week. See attached for CvMiniDump

The CPP project is awesome, and I've become quite accustomed to its game-play improvements. Playing Civ 5 without CPP, is just a sad reminder of what it could be, so it isn't much fun. Not being able to load a saved game is a big deal to me.

I'm sure I must be doing something wrong on my end, because I haven't seen others reporting this issue.

I've been experiencing this at least since the August 24 CP issuance. This behavior doesn't occur when playing a game without any mods or with other mods (e.g. Extended Eras, IGE). Any hunches of where to start?

Thanks!

DX9? Can you run it on DX11?

DX9? Can you run it on DX11?

Same result.

Tried to load a game started in DX9 with DX10/11 = crash to desktop
Started new game in dx10/11, save it, close it, relaunch in dx10/11, load it = crash to desktop.

Double checking my set up, I noted that the UI_bc1 was in my assest folder, not my DLC comments, but results all the same on reload (crash to desktop); corrected path below.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\UI_bc1"

DX10/11 CivMiniDump file attached.

Gazebo and CPP team - thanks so much for creating such a terrific set of mods. let me know if you'd recommend any alternative troubleshooting efforts.

Attachments

• CvMiniDump-sept 5 dx10-11.7z
    21.3 KB · Views: 27
I'm cross-posting this from the ExCE thread, as I'm not entirely sure if it's something that needs to be looked at here or there.

-----------------------------

I feel terrible since I keep posting in this thread and bothering you, but I've encountered something related to ExCE which is causing a CTD.

When interacting with an AI, pressing the "What do you want for this?" button in the trade UI instantly crashes the game when ExCE is running alongside the CBP.

Specifically, the CTD only seems to occur when the AI is trying to select something from the window they want. If you do not have anything they desire (and thus they do not try to select something), the game won't crash.

Examples being:

I have nothing of value (no resources, etc) and select two gold-per-turn from the trade window and ask the AI "What do you want for this?". The game does not crash and the AI simply tells me the deal won't work.

I have wine as a luxury resource which I know the AI wants. I select two gold-per-turn from the trade window and ask the AI "What do you want for this?". The game instantly crashes (because I assume they are attempting to select the wine from the trade UI).

Now, I've narrowed it down all the way to strictly an issue between ExCE and the CBP. No such CTD occurs when using the base combination of only CP + ExCE. Once the CBP is in the mix though, the crash happens.

I've triple checked my settings. The compatibility flag is set in the ExCE file and CBP is installed correctly. Even when only using those three mods (CP, CBP, and ExCE) the CTD is guaranteed.

All mod version are the latest:

CP v66 (9-5)
CBP v13 (9-4)
ExCE v6 (Steam)

Attaching the database, lua, and minidump files below for assessment.

---------------------

Link to the attachment.

Re: DX11:

Wasn't there a very late game crash issue with DX11 and Win8 versions of Civ V, that was fixed for DX9 but not 11? Seem to recall reading that somewhere, about that point I switched to dx9 one to avoid it.

CTD on AI making an amphibious attack on me from coast to land. Unfortunately I can't reproduce this as the war took a different turn upon reloading.

CTD on AI making an amphibious attack on me from coast to land. Unfortunately I can't reproduce this as the war took a different turn upon reloading.

A CTD will often record logs if logging is enabled. I hope you did enable logging correct?

Celtic Pantheons do not work in pantheon-only cities when you found a religion. Build is up-to-date. Using Unit Flag Promotions alongside the standard CP+CBP+CSD+C4DF+More Luxes.

For some reason, while using:

Community Patch (9-5)
Community Balance Patch (9-4)
Community Balance Patch - More Luxuries Compatibility (v 1)
Community Balance Patch - Health and Plague Compatibility (v 1)
Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (No-EUI) (9-5)
CSD for CBP (9-1)
Civ IV Diplomatic Features (6-19)
More Luxuries (v 155)
Health and Plague

And for some reason, this happens:
Spoiler :
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/620724296894042433/376D96D38935087B3BD137613F7E343DD6110558/

As you can see, the Tech Tree is broken and the slider is missing.

Celtic Pantheons do not work in pantheon-only cities when you found a religion. Build is up-to-date. Using Unit Flag Promotions alongside the standard CP+CBP+CSD+C4DF+More Luxes.

That is, if I recall correctly, the way all pantheons work once you've founded.

As you can see, the Tech Tree is broken and the slider is missing.

Can't help you without a lua.log from the event of the bug, sorry.

Familiar Influentual status gives less (2) than the status before (3)

By design. Science goes up, gold goes down.
G

Not really a bug, but all of C4DF's text-XMLs (Text_UI.xml) except the english one still say astronomy is the prerequisite for map-trading, although it was changed to military science.
So if someone is playing in another language, the tooltip can be misleading.

Here are the translations used by Civ5 for all languages currently supported by C4DF:

DE: Militärwissenschaft
ES: Belicología
PL: Badania wojskowe
RU: Военная наука

Hm, the problem that I thought was solved by redownloading actually isn't, but for some reason it worked once. :think:

Well, when I'm at war with a city state, open the CS-window and click the peace-button, the CS-window won't change at all. The peace-notification appears in the background, but the influence bar won't change, no CS-options appear and the status will keep saying war, until you close the window and reopen it again.
That said, I have the feeling that something similar is true for the happiness counter when the value changes through trades (noticed that a few times before the CS issue came to my attention), but that needs further testing.

Tested with a fresh copy of CP(9-5), no other mods or EUI and a cleared cache.

edit: same with 9-1

Two smallish things:

There is a Autocracy tenet that claims to give constabularies and Police stations +5:c5production: and +3:c5culture:.
However, if I build constabularies, the preview in the city Screen only tells about the :c5production:.

The promotion icon for the anti-aircraft Promotion (sorry I forgot the name) is represented by a random icon, including such for worker actions. It even is a different one every time.

I am playing with the 8-29 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom