• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too do not get a crashdump. In the previous message I copy pasted three .log files.

However there is no crashdump.lua
I tried to play a game with 8 civs, on communitas map, 15 city-states, as the Netherlands...

Those log files look fine. Any additional mods I should know about?
G

Yes, its kind of weird. I thought the dump files were always there.

All i can say is that I've made minor edits (xml/sql) to the other mods i use while cpp has been updated from 2/6 to 2/16.

Let me know if there is anything I can do (going to bed soon and to work tomorrow morning but after this...).

\Skodkim

No other mods, only everything you suggest apart from Health and Plague and more luxuries (although I tested also with more luxuries and got the same thing).

I too am crashing to desktop. I haven't changed mods or anything since the last version where everything was ok then.

I played with everything but Health&Plague.

Hmm, I had the natural wonder code working just fine. Is it with the Quinquereme? I wonder if the DLL handles tile reveals differently for naval units...
G
Well I deleted the civ V folder in my documents and re-installed. Still no exp from natural wonders. Then again I was using the Shoshone to test it since they start with a pathfinder, and an early decision gives them two more. I'd test it with an actual scout, but first I have yard work to do.

Update: There's still a bunch of fallen branches to pick up, but the yard debris bin is full so the rest will have to wait. I have since tested with an actual scout (playing as Spain since I imagine they're more likely to start by a natural wonder? I'm not actually sure if that's a thing or not.) I discovered a natural wonder using my scout, and then checked his exp to see that it was at four, so the effect couldn't have triggered.

Playing with the latest version, I'm still getting crash to desktop. It seems that it happens right as the turn phase is starting.

Sometimes I get the crash between turns 50-60 but one time I went as far as 140-ish.

Hopefully, I've managed to attach my crashdump file along with the list of mods I use.

edit: I'd like to note that I've been playing with these same mods for weeks now. My problems with crashing started with the version before this one.

Attachments

• civ5cvdump-modlist.rar
    268.8 KB · Views: 43
The problem persists with the new version... I will do a re-instal of civ to see if it solves the problems...

Don't bother. Already tried without any luck and its been reported by several users now (including myself). Confident it's related to AI settlers.

\Skodkim

Civilians use roads less effectively than military units. Is this intended?

Barbarians spawn 2 tiles away from their camps. If your unit is next to a barb camp and a barb spawns behind your unit you are likely to lose it since you can't retreat.

Unlocking tribute does not affect very first city border expansion culture requirement. It's always 15 on standard pace.

Melee units attacking from city tile without leaving city does not make any sense.

Never noticed that, seems rather silly and unintended.

Barbarians spawn 2 tiles away from their camps. If your unit is next to a barb camp and a barb spawns behind your unit you are likely to lose it since you can't retreat.
Intended and annoying, especially irritating when the camp decides to spawn multiple units the same turn. You just have to bring more units in the first place.

Unlocking tribute does not affect very first city border expansion culture requirement. It's always 15 on standard pace.
You sure that it's supposed to lower the cost? I haven't checked it personally but the more logical explanation would be that it increases the points towards borderexpand that you get from your culture by 25%.

Melee units attacking from city tile without leaving city does not make any sense.
Intended and makes perfect sense.

Aside from the first one, which I've never noticed before, all of your points aren't bugs. They're intended features of CBP.

Austria has a an unique decision to boost influence by x % from gold gifts to CS, but by default gold gifts are disabled.

I imagine how much work you do for the mod, ty again, but I guess the Events&Decisions are not touched yet.
For example, Austria has a an unique decision to boost influence by x % from gold offers to CS, but by default gold offering is disabled.

I haven't looked at this yet, no, as it is quite a bit of work!
G

two bugs that I found out on version 2/10. Not sure if they have been addressed meanwhile, I'm pretty sure they are unimportant:

- when I found a city with a pioneer or colonist, the city graphics does not appear. Just the label above.
- number of delegates: although I (and AI) had 4, only 3 were listed on the details (1 from being a member, 1 from policies, etc.)

two bugs that I found out on version 2/10. Not sure if they have been addressed meanwhile, I'm pretty sure they are unimportant:

- when I found a city with a pioneer or colonist, the city graphics does not appear. Just the label above.
- number of delegates: although I (and AI) had 4, only 3 were listed on the details (1 from being a member, 1 from policies, etc.)

The first issue is usually a consequence of a custom civ not having their art graphics defined. Using a custom civ?

The second was fixed in the most recent version.

Thanks for the report!
G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom