Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running only the things suggested in the initial post:
*A.I. will suggest a trade with technologies and then refuse to it when I want to accept it.
*To load a game I need to exit to desktop, otherwise the game crashes.
*End-game poverty and ideology pressure can become quite crazy...

I everyone. I get some CTDs when using JFDs P&P mod that depends on the CP. I don't know where they come from exactly so i've already reported in P&P thread and Events and Decisions (another dependency) but i also post here since CTDs could very well be caused by something in the dll. I had several CTDs occur at end of Barbarian turn (or maybe at the beginning of player turn) and last one occurred when i tried to open the Decisions panel.
Mods enabled were (no EUI)
  • Latest CP
  • Events and Decision
  • Latest P&P

Lua log
Minidump

Sorry to post on 3 different places but hopefully someone will have an idea where this could come from or be able to get something out of the minidump :blush:

I'm just glad to know it's not something I'm doing wrong.

Yeah, generally, when you reload from within the game, there's a risk of some values not being reset correctly and/or defaulting to non-modded values. We'd have to pour over the DLL to change this, and it'd be a pain. Sometimes the DLL is simply unloaded from the game! So odd.
G

I everyone. I get some CTDs when using JFDs P&P mod that depends on the CP. I don't know where they come from exactly so i've already reported in P&P thread and Events and Decisions (another dependency) but i also post here since CTDs could very well be caused by something in the dll. I had several CTDs occur at end of Barbarian turn (or maybe at the beginning of player turn) and last one occurred when i tried to open the Decisions panel.
Mods enabled were (no EUI)
  • Latest CP
  • Events and Decision
  • Latest P&P

Lua log
Minidump

Sorry to post on 3 different places but hopefully someone will have an idea where this could come from or be able to get something out of the minidump :blush:

I can track down the errors in the Lua log - of which there oddly seem to be a few - but I can't read the Minidump file (I don't know what's an error with the debugging process, or an alert as to the error that caused the crash); is there something I'm missing when reading these files, Gazebo?

Spoiler :

A discipline in programming, perhaps? :p

I can track down the errors in the Lua log - of which there oddly seem to be a few - but I can't read the Minidump file (I don't know what's an error with the debugging process, or an alert as to the error that caused the crash); is there something I'm missing when reading these files, Gazebo?

Spoiler :

A discipline in programming, perhaps? :p

Generally, if you can't read the minidump, it is either because you are missing the symbols, or the crash occurred outside of the dll (and is thus a lua crash).

G

When upgrading mounted bowman with logistics, the logistics promotion sticks with the lancers. You can get blitz with the same xp it would take to get logistics and be able to attack three times as long as you have the movement points for it. Not sure if it is intended or not, but its lotta fun :)

I think I found incorrect code in: Community Balance Patch (v 13)\Balance Changes\Buildings\BuildingChanges.sql
check this please
Code:
UPDATE Building_DomainProductionModifiers
SET BuildingType = 'BUILDING_HARBOR'
WHERE DomainType = 'DOMAIN_SEA' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );

I think I found incorrect code in: Community Balance Patch (v 13)\Balance Changes\Buildings\BuildingChanges.sql
check this please
Code:
UPDATE Building_DomainProductionModifiers
SET BuildingType = 'BUILDING_HARBOR'
WHERE DomainType = 'DOMAIN_SEA' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );

It is correct, it is just under the wrong header.
G

sorry but I still think it is a bug let's look:
the Great Altar do not have Naval production bonus:
Spoiler :

but the harbor have 2 naval production bonuses (1 for harbor and 1 for great altar):
Spoiler :

if I add some mods that use Building_DomainProductionModifiers with DOMAIN_SEA harbor will have more bonuses is it correct ?
My game is not in English sorry for that, but I think it should be clear at the screenshots what I mean.

sorry but I still think it is a bug let's look:
the Great Altar do not have Naval production bonus:
Spoiler :

but the harbor have 2 naval production bonuses (1 for harbor and 1 for great altar):
Spoiler :

if I add some mods that use Building_DomainProductionModifiers with DOMAIN_SEA harbor will have more bonuses is it correct ?
My game is not in English sorry for that, but I think it should be clear at the screenshots what I mean.

Hmm, I'll look further into it. Thanks for the report!
G

Bug in the latest build (Feb 21):

If you are at war with Civ A, and Civ A's city has none of it's units there; and Civ B's worker is in Civ A's city. If you try to attack Civ A's city, you will get a pop up asking if you want to wage war on Civ B instead of attacking Civ A's city.

Bug in the latest build (Feb 21):

If you are at war with Civ A, and Civ A's city has none of it's units there; and Civ B's worker is in Civ A's city. If you try to attack Civ A's city, you will get a pop up asking if you want to wage war on Civ B instead of attacking Civ A's city.

An unavoidable side-effect of the NMCTJ addon, unfortunately. Can't be helped.

Edit: spoke too soon. I think I've fixed.

G

Hey just a quick question but are all of the optional mods that go along with Community Patch and the CBP compatible with each other? I am using the CP, CBP CSD, Civ IV Dip, H&P, More Luxes, and Events & Decisions.

The bug that I am running into is that usually sometime in the mid game Civ will CTD when I click on a pop up event; it seems to happen between turns 150 and 210 usually. I installed all of the mods exactly how you described them and I know that previous versions have all worked together for me.

Also I installed these mods with a fresh install of Civ and I am running no other mods. I have all the DLCs as well. Thanks for any help.

Hey just a quick question but are all of the optional mods that go along with Community Patch and the CBP compatible with each other? I am using the CP, CBP CSD, Civ IV Dip, H&P, More Luxes, and Events & Decisions.

The bug that I am running into is that usually sometime in the mid game Civ will CTD when I click on a pop up event; it seems to happen between turns 150 and 210 usually. I installed all of the mods exactly how you described them and I know that previous versions have all worked together for me.

Also I installed these mods with a fresh install of Civ and I am running no other mods. I have all the DLCs as well. Thanks for any help.

Sounds like a bug in E&D. I'd post there.
G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom