[BUG] Sounds stop working both vanilla and now in R&F

Lord_Azazel

Prime Swatter
When I start playing, sounds are fine. After a while, everything from 30 minutes to some hours of play, I start losing sounds. ie. moving a unit doesn't make the sound anymore, leaders don't speak anymore etc.
Exiting to main menu and reloading the game fixes the problem, but I have to do this every so often and it gets annoying. The problem started occuring a couple of weeks ago. All mods are off as of R&F and the problem still persists.

Having the exact same issue here. Music cuts off abruptly and leaders are muted during dialogue scenes. This problems occurs on two different computers, too.

Hey, same here. I think it is related to memory available on your pc or allocated to civ once installed, there is maybe default value set during the installation.

I have 16 gb, and the sound disappears after a hundred of turns on standard size map. I have noted that it starts buggin when the game starts consuming 3.5-4 GB. By the way it is so huge !

Same here, i'm so tired of it. Never happened before the expansion, even when i used several gigs worth of mods in janky setups.
I've got 32gb ram, 8gb vram on my 1060gtx and an intel i7.
Tried the old traditional fixes of lowering your sound setting in windows to 16bit 44khz or turning off "Direct mode", but not making any difference.
Definetly something new with the expansion. Unplayable, dont wanna play without sounds =(

Try switching to strategic view, then back to regular view. It's not an ideal fix, but it's been working for me. Sound stays all game. Just switch between the views when you think a sound issue is occurring.

Try switching to strategic view, then back to regular view. It's not an ideal fix, but it's been working for me. Sound stays all game. Just switch between the views when you think a sound issue is occurring.
Yeah, it works. Thank you for the tip :=)

Well, I tried several times switching from and out of the strategical view. Most of cases it worked, but sometimes the sound still not resets.

Top Bottom