Byzantine, Carthaginian, and Vietnamese Units

Well, I have been places where the humidity is unbearable, so i guess i know where you are coming from.

Still, LAs pretty bad.

LA's dry heat is nothing compared to the muggy humid heat on the east coast. As someone who's traveled alot (I also enjoy high temperatures), I can tell you that 120 degrees F in Mexically was hot, but fine for me, I could still walk around and do my thing. However when it got up to 95 degrees in North Carolina with a 100% humidity things were unbearable; my normal way of coping with the temprature (drinking water, and sweating) had no effect, I just stayed hot and could barely move. Also DC gets frigid cold in the winter, it's like on the end of the worste extremes. Though if you really want to see extremes producing the worste weather on the planet, check out Seoul, S. Korea. The Korean peninsula is . .. .. .. .ed up man, it gets up to 110 degrees with 90% humidity in the summer, and drops down to -40 in the winter, also it will go through periods of extreme rain and flooding in one season, and not rain for a month the next. Korea has to have the worste weather on earth.

You live in North Carolina?

Very interesting about Korea. Thats astounding.

You live in North Carolina?

No, but I have lived there. In fact my first posts on this forum were made from Ft Bragg, NC.

Very interesting about Korea. Thats astounding.

To be fair, I was there From Oct '00 to Oct 01, and was told by a few Koreans that we had just experienced their worste winter in 50 years, and the hottest summer in over a decade. Still the fact the area can even get into those types of climate extremes in a single year blew my mind. Here in Portland the coldest it's ever gotten, at least in my lifetime, was in the teens, and that must have been in the eighties since I was hella young; and I've never seen the temp go over 105, at least that I can remember.

D.C. may have been built in a swamp, but L.A. was built in a desert. Today it was in the mid 90s. During summer it can get absolutely unbearable. It can get well over 100. Also, have you seen L.A.'s air? It's not blue, its GRAY.

What the hell is your income that you have an 18% tax rate!?!

CA State Sales tax is 8.25%
CA State Income tax is 9.3% for anyone making over $47,056 (10.3% for $1m+)
That makes it 17.55% simplified... its brutal! Its also shameful, because I would love to live in San Diego, which I consider to easily be the most beautiful city in America (with PERFECT weather).

@phungus420
Were you a paratrooper also?

Guys, I'm curious, when you are talking about income tax, 18% is the final amount you pay?
To the state of California... then you have to pay the Federal Government separately... so, altogether, closer to 50% when you add medicare/social security/etc...
Still, lower than much of W. Europe! :confused:

To be fair, I was there From Oct '00 to Oct 01, and was told by a few Koreans that we had just experienced their worste winter in 50 years, and the hottest summer in over a decade. Still the fact the area can even get into those types of climate extremes in a single year blew my mind. Here in Portland the coldest it's ever gotten, at least in my lifetime, was in the teens, and that must have been in the eighties since I was hella young; and I've never seen the temp go over 105, at least that I can remember.

Bah you missed out on the monsoon that flooded the place in '98-'99. Floating drinky/juicy girls everywhere. :eek:

On LA vs DC - i'd like to throw in that in DC it takes 3 people for the HOV lane but only 2 in LA so by that standard I'd say DC is worse.

man this thread is getting off topic.

Bah you missed out on the monsoon that flooded the place in '98-'99. Floating drinky/juicy girls everywhere. :eek:

On LA vs DC - i'd like to throw in that in DC it takes 3 people for the HOV lane but only 2 in LA so by that standard I'd say DC is worse.

man this thread is getting off topic.

Don't worry, I'll put it back on topic; my family is from California Ekmek, I just listened to Modcast and your accent is ridiculously Californian! You sound just like my cousins. How's that for off-topic?

I never realized they put Modcast out like two months later, that's a bit ridiculous if you ask me, but whatever.

Uh yeah... what I waste of a post... sorry I'm (not :mischief: ) stoned...

Don't worry, I'll put it back on topic; my family is from California Ekmek, I just listened to Modcast and your accent is ridiculously Californian! You sound just like my cousins. How's that for off-topic?

Actually glad to hear it. When i was in the south people would say "are you from NY?" :lol:
And then east coasters said I had a twang. :mad:
go figure.

CA State Sales tax is 8.25%
CA State Income tax is 9.3% for anyone making over $47,056 (10.3% for $1m+)
That makes it 17.55% simplified... its brutal! Its also shameful, because I would love to live in San Diego, which I consider to easily be the most beautiful city in America (with PERFECT weather).

@phungus420

Sales tax here is 9.25%.

Slightly off-topic: My cousin's Airborne.

At Capo: I didn't really hear anything that unusual in Ekmek's voice. Although it did sound a little off. I wonder if i have a Californian accent? Maybe I have more of a hispanic accent, seeing as how I did learn Spanish first. Though I am now quite fluent in English.

Also, they don't put out modcast that late usually. But GarrettSidzaka recently got a house and had a child, which probably makes ModCast a bit lower priority.

At Capo: I didn't really hear anything that unusual in Ekmek's voice. Although it did sound a little off.

:dubious:

I wonder if i have a Californian accent? Maybe I have more of a hispanic accent, seeing as how I did learn Spanish first. Though I am now quite fluent in English.

Well you probably do, it says you're from LA, and basically my whole family sounds like Ekmek and they are all from LA and SD. Sometimes it is difficult to notice an accent it if isn't as overbearing. I'm from Maryland and southerners say I sound like I'm a northerner and northerners say I have a "slight" accent, whatever that means. So I don't know.

Also, they don't put out modcast that late usually. But GarrettSidzaka recently got a house and had a child, which probably makes ModCast a bit lower priority.

Yeah I saw that, I hardly ever listen to the ENTIRE thing, since they list what happens when I usually jump to the parts I'm interested in.

@phungus420
I tried to get into airborne after AIT, but they wouldn't let me, no openings for medics in Airborne at the time. Kind of a freak event from what I was told. Anyway glad I wasn't able to get in in hindsight. Now skydiving looks fun as hell, but jumping out at 400 feet on a static line in the dark sounds scary as hell. As far as my time at Bragg, I had a cush hospital job. No PT, no motorpool, no field, no real chain of command, very sweet gigg man.

That sounds kind of cool, but also super lame. I can only imagine the extra duty oppertunities available in a flood. As far as drinking girls are concerned, the concept is so . .. .. .. .ed up. Guys are so hard up for female contact they pay them like $20 just to talk to them. Of course alot of them are just straight whores, you buy them the night off for double what Agima charges, that's straight up prostitution. I'll go into further detail here, just because it's so crazy in retrospect. Toward the end of my stay in Korea one of my best friends there was a Russian Drinky girl named Katiana. We used to romp around Seoul and Uijanbu and just cause a ruckes, she wasn't cute though, just plutonic. Anyway she hooked me up with another Russian Drinky Girl, a hot blonde named Natasha. Now guys would buy Natasha the night off on a regular. Now at least fairly freequently I'd be out in Uijanbu (there is a this spot at Camp Stanely where you can jump up onto one of the roofs in the Ville, and get over the fence into the Motorpool to avoid curfew --caused me to be a raging alchoholic, used to stay out very late and get pissed drunk, pretty much every night from the start of summer until . .. .. .. . went on lockdown after Sept 11th) and get a call from Natasha where she'd say some joe bought her the night off, and she wanted to meet up and kick it. She claimed she never put out for dudes that bought her the night off, but seriously that had to be a total lie, otherwise she'd never get the night off. But I'd be damned if I'd pass on the nookie just because some other fool would pay for it. Come to think of it, I don't know how I got out of there without getting some disease. Anyway in conclusion Korea was so . .. .. .. .ed up, yet awesome for many, many reasons. I wish I could have had my job in NC, as an ER tech, in Korea, hell I probably would have reenlisted in such circumstances.

As far as drinking girls are concerned, the concept is so . .. .. .. .ed up. Guys are so hard up for female contact they pay them like $20 just to talk to them. Of course alot of them are just straight whores, you buy them the night off for double what Agima charges, that's straight up prostitution. I'll go into further detail here, just because it's so crazy in retrospect. Toward the end of my stay in Korea one of my best friends there was a Russian Drinky girl named Katiana. We used to romp around Seoul and Uijanbu and just cause a ruckes, she wasn't cute though, just plutonic. Anyway she hooked me up with another Russian Drinky Girl, a hot blonde named Natasha. Now guys would buy Natasha the night off on a regular. Now at least fairly freequently I'd be out in Uijanbu (there is a this spot at Camp Stanely where you can jump up onto one of the roofs in the Ville, and get over the fence into the Motorpool to avoid curfew --caused me to be a raging alchoholic, used to stay out very late and get pissed drunk, pretty much every night from the start of summer until . .. .. .. . went on lockdown after Sept 11th) and get a call from Natasha where she'd say some joe bought her the night off, and she wanted to meet up and kick it. She claimed she never put out for dudes that bought her the night off, but seriously that had to be a total lie, otherwise she'd never get the night off. But I'd be damned if I'd pass on the nookie just because some other fool would pay for it. Come to think of it, I don't know how I got out of there without getting some disease. Anyway in conclusion Korea was so . .. .. .. .ed up, yet awesome for many, many reasons. I wish I could have had my job in NC, as an ER tech, in Korea, hell I probably would have reenlisted in such circumstances.

Man, that makes me remember my old bartending days. It was reversed, not only did they PAY YOU to get them drunk but you also had the ability to allow them to stay after and drink after closing time, which was basically a lock in that department.

There are only two elephant units in BTS, neither animation is working for you Strategy? What is happening?

I tried every kfm that has a listing for an elephant but i still get (see attached) and thats for either sister listed:sad:

Top Bottom