C2C-Cambrian to Caveman (Caveman2Cosmos "unofficial" Expansion Pack 2)

Sarah Starlight

Chieftain
Production begins December 2012

542 Ma – 50,000 B.C

Expansion Pack to C2C: Armada to Ascension

The untold history of the greatest creatures the ruled the world. Before us.

The Phanerozoic Eon, literally the "period of well-displayed life", marks the appearance in the fossil record of abundant, shell-forming and/or trace-making organisms. It is subdivided into three eras, the Paleozoic, Mesozoic and Cenozoic, which are divided by major mass extinctions. Cambrian to Caveman will be the second and final expansion pack from Azurian for Caveman2Cosmos after Armada to Ascension.

To Learn more about Armada to Ascension
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=469026

Eras
-Paleozoic Era
-Mesozoic Era
-Cenozoic Era

The Paleozoic Era
The Paleozoic Era is the earliest of three geologic eras of the Phanerozoic Eon, spanning from roughly 542 to 251 million years ago . It is the longest of the Phanerozoic eras, and is subdivided into six geologic periods (from oldest to youngest): the Cambrian, Ordovician, Silurian, Devonian, Carboniferous, and Permian. The Paleozoic comes after the Neoproterozoic era of the Proterozoic eon, and is followed by the Mesozoic era.

The Paleozoic was a time of dramatic geological, climatic, and evolutionary change. The Cambrian Period witnessed the most rapid and widespread diversification of life in Earth's history, known as the Cambrian explosion, in which most modern phyla first appeared. Fish, arthropods, amphibians and reptiles all evolved during the Paleozoic. Life began in the ocean but eventually transitioned onto land, and by the late Paleozoic, it was dominated by various forms of organisms. Great forests of primitive plants covered the continents, many of which formed the coal beds of Europe and eastern North America. Towards the end of the era, large, sophisticated reptiles were dominant and the first modern plants (conifers) appeared.

Mesozoic Era
The Mesozoic Era is an interval of geological time from about 250 million years ago to about 65 million years ago. It is often referred to as the Age of Reptiles because reptiles, namely dinosaurs, were the dominant terrestrial and marine vertebrates of the time. The era began in the wake of the Permian-Triassic event, the largest mass extinction in Earth's history, and ended with the Cretaceous–Paleogene extinction event, another mass extinction which is known for having killed off non-avian dinosaurs, as well as other plant and animal species.

The Mesozoic was a time of significant tectonic, climate and evolutionary activity. The era witnessed the gradual rifting of the supercontinent Pangaea into separate landmasses that would eventually move into their current positions. The climate of the Mesozoic was varied, alternating between warming and cooling periods. Overall, however, the Earth was hotter than it is today. Non-avian dinosaurs appeared in the Mid-Triassic and became the dominant terrestrial vertebrates early in the Jurassic, occupying this position for about 135 million years until their demise at the end of the Cretaceous. Birds first appeared in the Jurassic, having evolved from a branch of theropod dinosaurs. The first mammals also appeared during the Mesozoic, but would remain small and modest until the Cenozoic.

The Cenozoic Era
he Cenozoic Era ) is the current and most recent of the three Phanerozoic geological eras, following the Mesozoic Era and covering the period from 65.5 Ma to the present.

The era began in the wake of the Cretaceous–Paleogene extinction event (K-Pg event) at the end of the Cretaceous that saw the demise of the last non-avian dinosaurs (as well as other terrestrial and marine flora and fauna) at the end of the Mesozoic. The Cenozoic is also known as the Age of Mammals, because the extinction of many groups allowed mammals to greatly diversify.

Eras (C2C +Armada to Ascension + Cambrian2Caveman)

-Paleozoic Era
-Mesozoic Era
-Cenozoic Era
-Prehistoric Era
-Ancient Era
-Classical Era
-Medieval Era
-Renaissance Era
-Industrial Era
-Modern Era
-Digital Era
-Nanotech Era
-Interstellar Era
-Galactic Era
-Dimension Era
-Ascension Era
How will Cities and Gameplay Work?
In Cambrian to Caveman, Cities will be "colonies" of organisms, with each culture[civilization] being a species. "Settlers" are replaced by "Alpha Male" that can start a new colony.

Predator species
You collect "science:" by eating [killing] other species and with "science" your species evolves with TECHS representing evolutioning advancement like legs, teeth, closed circulatory system. improved eyesight, amniotic fluid, milk, etc. Your goal is to eat as much herbivores and other predators as possible,

Herbivore Species
You collect "science:" by hatching eggs or conceiving young and with each egg or young creates more population on your colony; more population=faster science. . With "science" your species evolves with TECHS representing evolutioning advancement like legs, eyes, closed circulatory system. lungs, amniotic fluid, milk, etc. Your goal is to eat as much as possible to create more of your species. More food more reproduction. But searching for more food means more chances of predators eating you.

Unlock New Species
Certain techs allow your species to evolve to a new species with better overall stats, and is represented as the CIvics mechanic.. For example one of them is True Bones TECH that allow you to use the Jawless Fish civic to become Jawless Fish species that had good stats if u want, easier hunting!

What is the goal?
The goal is to research all the techs to create a Homo Sapien Sapien who can master Language and Nomadic Lifestlye so you can desecend to the Prehistoric Era as the most powerful species on the planet. Cambrian to Caveman is meant to be an addon to play Caveman2Cosmos before the Prehistoric Era.

How many Techs will there be per era?
We estimate 250-280 total divided into 3 eras.

"So Say we All"
AzurianTeam "

-Futursima (Current Team Leader , Great Admiral)
-Zane Antigrav (Admiral)
-Mechwarrior (Commander)
-Sarah Starlight (Colonel)
-Veruna (Lieutenant)
-MandyAI
-Aphex Prime
-Rygel XVI
-Ragnorok
-Siri Lazerhawk
-Darth Sidious
-Hawkins
-Magiktrate
-Mindcrafter
-Reynierde Marun
-Vadosiana, Ambassador
-Flashworx
-Crimson
-Mind.in.a.Box
- Prince of Polaris
-Barbarossa
-Mayra
-Andreievich
----MrAzure ( Futuristic Historian, [on break])​

Very ambitious I must say. Good Luck.

JosEPh :)

Here is a break down of how PaleoQuest was ...

Cambrian Explosion
Main Species: Haikouichthy
Enemy Species
- Trilobite
- Anomalocaris
- Opabinia
- Hallucigenia

Silurian
Main Species: Cephalaspis
Enemy Species
- Brontoscorpio
- Pterygotus/Eurypterid
- Sponge
- Sea Urchin
- Camoroceias/Orthocone

Devonian
Main Species: Eusthenopteron
Enemy Species
- Dunkleosteus
- Cladoselache
- Bothriolepis
- Ammonites
- Trilobite
- Sponge
- Sea Urchin
- Heterophrentis

Late Devonian
Main Species: Hynerpeton
Enemy Species
- Hyneria
- Stethacanthus
- Pandinus

Carboniferous
Main Species: Petrolacoaurs
Enemy Species
- Arthorpleura
- Meguneura
- Megarache/Mesothelae
- Protogyrinus

Permian
Main Species: Pelycosaur
Enemy Species
- Edaphososaurus
- Demetrodon
- Eryops
- Seymonria
- Ammonites
- Sponge
- Sea Urchin
- Diplocaulus

Permian
Main Species: Phthinosuchus
Enemy Species
- Gorgonops
- Diictodon
- Scutosaurus

Triassic
Main Species: Cynignathus
Enemy Species
- Lystrosaurus
- Eupurkeria
- Aeshna
- Therocephakan
- Chasmatosaur

Late Triassic
Main Species: Adelobasileus
Enemy Species
- Coeopysis
- Phacerias
- Postosuchus
- Petuinosaurus
- Plateosurus
- Lungfish
- Stafonolepis

Jurassic
Main Species: Megazostrodon
Enemy Species
- Diplodocus
- Allosaurus
- Ornitholestes
- Stegosauus
- Bracheosaurus
- Acheopteryx
- Ammonite
- Liopleurodon
- Ichtjyosurus

Cretaceous
Main Species: Eomaia
Enemy Species
- Tryanosaurs
- Anatotian
- Totosaurus
- Ankylosaurus
- Dromaeosaurus
- Quetealocatlus
- Deinosuchus

Paleocene
Main Species: Plesladapis
Enemy Species
- Coryphodon
- Titanoides
- Prodinoceras
- Chriacus
- Ptilodus
- Peradectes

Eocene
Main Species: Aegyptopithecus
Enemy Species
- Gasornis
- Ambulocetus
- Lepictidium
- Propaleotherum
- Patriofelis

Oligocene
Main Species: Proconsul
Enemy Species
- Arsinoitheres
- Palaeochiropteryx
- Phenacodus
- Entelodont
- Parrot
- Nile Croc

Miocene
Main Species: Sahelauthropus
Enemy Species
- Parrot
- Nile Croc
- Beardog
- Deinotherium
- Hippotherium

Miocene
Main Species: Artipithecus
Enemy Species
- Dinofelis
- Monkey
- Parrot
- Nile Croc
- Deinotherium

Miocene
Main Species: Australopithecus
Enemy Species
- Dinofelis
- Homotherium
- Monkey
- Parrot
- Nile Croc
- Warthog
- Zebra
- Ostrich
- Vulture
- Lion
- Cheetah
- Leopard
- Hyena
- Aardwolf
- Rhino

I was going to do Pleistocene and Holocene but I never to around to making those adventures.

Note that probably the proper wayto evolve humans hup is by this list ...

Human Evolution Timeline
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_human_evolution

Note that when I made it I had not seen this and thus some of my main animals are off and not direct ancestors (but were close).

Also please pardon my spelling on some of these species since I was copying it from hand written notes. Also I do realize I skipped the Ordovician Period.

So you're adding Spore to Civ? Good luck doing that without an immense SDK team.

We have 6 computer science majors on our team, and there are a couple proffessors in the Advanced Computer Lab helping us also with Armada to Ascension. This is our little hobby and we dont plant starting this Cambrian until December. Python and C++ modding isnt that hard really.

Should you guys have cities, or should you try to work with the nomad option?

I've been waiting for such a mod since CIV1 on my Amiga 500. C2C alone is great, but C2C with this modmod should be amazing. But I'm afraid I have to buy new video card and more RAM.

Maybe this should use a different form of research. Really now, it wouldn’t make much sense to still be able to get the “techs” well after the eras they would be available in. Perhaps, instead of collecting research points as per regular Civ, maybe you should collect “Evolution Points” based on the number of units you have on the map.

Also, instead of using civics to simulate different species, maybe it would be more prudent to use units instead. On another note, predators shouldn’t be completely annihilate prey. Realistically, they would instead reduce the population growth rate of the prey, provided they could feed off it.

Finally, maybe there should be multiple intelligent species that could be evolved. For example, you could develop H. Sapiens, H. Neanderthalensis, or some other variation before entry into the prehistoric era. These options should have a slight impact on the later part of the game, affecting things such as culture options, or unit stats.

well seems like a really cool idea :goodjob: but is this suppose to simulate evolution and may i be able to evolve into a different kind of creature (like lizard people or somthing similar??)

Check this video... it's how Spore was supposed to be. Not the mockery that EA made of it. It is the most incredible game I've ever seen.

Link to video.

Top Bottom