C2C civilizations megapack

TB, maybe you know that every civilization need schema files in his directory? Or its a way to take schema files from main c2c xml directory?

Yeah, they all need their own. Which does add a lot of download data, but nothing that's being processed during play. The schema is there to guide the mod load process properly (it's a filter really.)

Except that most of the graphics are loaded for all turned on modules before you get to the game. Otherwise you would not be able to look at things in the pedia before a game is started.

Leading to sometimes very long waits for the pedia and a much more heavily taxed memory if you have lots more civs loaded in. As we know the game is already rather taxing with memory so that's why we cut down on civs. Again though, this does not impact turn times - it's a different issue.

Its a modmod for the reason. Still tnx for this discussion, people should know that using that many civs in C2C can be risky and they can avoid this by disabling them in modular xml.

There is a problem with sounds in general but I am not sure if it is bad sounds or we are just pushing to many to the queue in the exe. If it is the latter there is nothing we can do about it except reduce the number of units everyone has.

No, its not bad, or latter but missing. I already check Poland or Amazon. Both cause sound init error.
I temporary fix it:

for amazon:
<CivilizationSelectionSound>AS3D_UN_FEMALE_SELECTION_VOX</CivilizationSelectionSound>
<CivilizationActionSound>AS3D_UN_FEMALE_ACTION_VOX</CivilizationActionSound>

and for poland
<CivilizationSelectionSound>AS3D_POLAND_SELECT</CivilizationSelectionSound>
<CivilizationActionSound>AS3D_POLAND_ORDER</CivilizationActionSound>
</CivilizationInfo>

change that lines:
<CivilizationSelectionSound>AS3D_ENGLAND_SELECT</CivilizationSelectionSound>
<CivilizationActionSound>AS3D_ENGLAND_ORDER</CivilizationActionSound>
</CivilizationInfo>

Ok then I check again them and Ill post fixed version of the megapack.

Ok then I check again them and Ill post fixed version of the megapack.

There are some missing from the main ones also I believe here is what I have:

all related to:

YAGAN

KAMEHAMEHA

CUNHAMBEBE

SND_TECH_ELECTROMAGNETIC_FIELD_SHIELDING

Ok version 3.1 is ready to download in first post with fixed all Audio bugs.

Have fun! :)

I wonder why some civs changed their culture group (especially civs that used to be assigned to the Oceanian one). I may understand switching Indonesia to Asian but New Zealand (sp?) to North American?

Another thing: when I play Polish civ, the units speak Russian. This is hmmm... somewhat irritating.

S.

Ill look on civs culture designation and send fix what should be fixed.
As for voices - I cut everything except xml and leader/civ art files from my megapack. No voices, no flavor units etc. I made this because I want to made megapack playable (without memory crashes) in C2C.

BUT as I know that polish civ community is rather big I prepared special, polish pack for C2C, including 5 new leaders (Boleslaw Chrobry, Kazimierz Wielki, Jan III Sobieski, Jozef Pilsudski, Lech Walesa), complete flavour unit pack (tons of models and textures) and voice pack (diplo music and unit voice pack). Pack is nearly done, I just need to end XML work and start testing. If everything will be ok then Ill be ready to publish this set in the end of the April.

Ill look on civs culture designation and send fix what should be fixed.

O.K.

As for voices - I cut everything except xml and leader/civ art files from my megapack.

BTW: I have applied your "Standard units graphics for low-end gamers" patch and I have some warnings when starting the game like missing ARTSTYLE_SPANISH for Argentina (and Mongol for Khazak etc.). Is this patch compatible with this megapatch?

BUT as I know that polish civ community is rather big I prepared special, polish pack for C2C,

Thanks a lot.

S.

BTW: I have applied your "Standard units graphics for low-end gamers" patch and I have some warnings when starting the game like missing ARTSTYLE_SPANISH for Argentina (and Mongol for Khazak etc.). Is this patch compatible with this megapatch?

Its not. I can create patch to megapack with singlestyle for all civs.

3.2 Version of Megapack with correct cultures and another link with single unit style set for all civs.
Evertyhing in 1st of this thread.

Was going thru some of the leaders of the civs:

Absolutely hate the "hochiminh" VietNam leader pic

No color pic of: Amanullah, Afgan and of nomura of Aino and the color pic of shakushain looks cartoonish, also the Armenian andranik, Pearson of Canada, Daar of Somalia, and Masaryk of Bohemia no color

Don't really like the leader pics of Akkadian Civ

I am sure there is a better pic of juan_peron, Argentina

I like the old Attila better than the current one

Also don't like the current flag for Zapotec

Now these are just MY interpretations of, this is YOUR thread and YOUR civs to add, again just IMPO ok. . .

Top Bottom