C2C - Event Ideas

It has been suggested that we have events that spawn Subdued Animals from the animal built buildings. Here is my first set of suggestions based on the herd buildings.

Horse Herd
  • A subdued horse - no cost
  • A Horseman - requires stable, cost half normal cost
  • A Horse Archer - requires stable and (fletcher or archery range), cost half normal cost
  • A Knight - requires Knight Stable, cost ditto
  • A Calvary - requires stable and tech calvary, cost ditto

Similarly for Kennels, Bison, Elephant, Camel, Zebra, Llama and Mammoth. Elephants may also make a Worker unit. Herd Buffalo gives a subdued buffalo or buffalo worker. Poultry flock gives a subdued duck and Ratite herd a subdued emu.

Probability for all these is very low and go obsolete with Cloning.

Now this is VERY interesting, i also wonder if it could be made into a quest (if someone knew how to do that??) Just like you get so many of something plus this item and that item, and you get a Horse resource or something like that??

Yeah... I find there's no point building the Smokehouse... you'll only get the benefit of it for about 10 rounds or so at most before it burns down.

Yeah... I find there's no point building the Smokehouse... you'll only get the benefit of it for about 10 rounds or so at most before it burns down.

Yeah i had infact all of the fire related buildings burn down already, (ie Fire Pit etc) even the Beadmaker Hut and Child making hut..

I usually build everything there, otherwise how are you know what is working and what isn't??

EDIT: There goes another one:mad:

The child making hut? Hubba, hubba.

On a serious note. Maybe the fire settings/triggers are set too low? Presumably this could also be related to the same problem that volcanos have in that there aren't enough 'other' events so it's getting triggered too often. 11+ fire events seems an awful large amount for that point in the game.

That'd be the Child BIRTHING hut (which admittedly doesn't sound half as fun as the Child MAKING hut - I suppose that's covered by housing no? :lol: )

@Ori to increase the number of possible early events would it be possible for you do do my suggestion for spawning animals.

Spoiler :
It has been suggested that we have events that spawn Subdued Animals from the animal built buildings. Here is my first set of suggestions based on the herd buildings.

Horse Herd
  • A subdued horse - no cost
  • A Horseman - requires stable, cost half normal cost
  • A Horse Archer - requires stable and (fletcher or archery range), cost half normal cost
  • A Knight - requires Knight Stable, cost ditto
  • A Calvary - requires stable modern stable, cost ditto

Similarly for Kennels, Bison, Elephant, Camel, Zebra, Llama and Mammoth. Elephants may also make a Worker unit. Herd Buffalo gives a subdued buffalo or buffalo worker. Poultry flock gives a subdued duck and Ratite herd a subdued emu.

Probability for all these is very low and go obsolete with Cloning.

My Smokehouse repeatedly burns down within 10 turns (potentially even THE turn) from the time its built. Its pushing flammability up to 30 from 10.

@Ori to increase the number of possible early events would it be possible for you do do my suggestion for spawning animals.

Spoiler :

And now again another one with Flam only at 50??

My Smokehouse repeatedly burns down within 10 turns (potentially even THE turn) from the time its built. Its pushing flammability up to 30 from 10.

I'll look at the flammability scores and probably up them a bit.
The spawn events are good ideas and I'll try to do them - maybe even do some rudimentary quests for those :mischief:

But I am unfortunately still very short on actual coding time - RL is seriously keeping me busy currently so I'll see what I can do but no promises on release dates...

I think the flammability scores may need to be adjusted by a large amount. Since there are hardly any fire-fighting/negative flammability buildings until the middle ages; and the few that do exist have very small negative numbers.

I would also consider also either reducing the flammability scores of numerous buildings and/or adding additional negative flammability (e.g. Pottery requires kilns, but it also allows for bucket brigades or maybe make that another building at wood working?) Certainly aqueducts and many other buildings would be useful to fight fires as well... How about inherent bonuses for water (fresh or salt) access?

Even watch towers or similar buildongs could reduce flammability, i.e allow the people to spot fires earlier and put it out before it destroys the building/spreads.

Even watch towers or similar buildongs could reduce flammability, i.e allow the people to spot fires earlier and put it out before it destroys the building/spreads.

I think the fact they could send signal fires to other towers counter acts the ability to spot fires. Plus the towers are typically pointed to outside the city for intruders rather than watching the people inside the city.

Maybe reduce the amount high flammable buildings burn down, and increase the amount regular buildings burn down?

Or some good flammability decrease with river and sea. Early game, nearly all city are near coast and/or river.
Some cold or wet case can decrease it too. it's strange to have so many burning in a jugnle city surround by water

I think you need to take a look at the elephant migration event.
I was quite happy when the first herd of elephants migrated into a jungel right next to mycity. But by now there are a total of 5 herds around it,and I haven´t even left the prehistoric era.

Attachments

• RapunzelDesktop BC-24770.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
I was quite happy when the first herd of elephants migrated into a jungel right next to mycity. But by now there are a total of 5 herds around it,and I haven´t even left the prehistoric era.

Typical, you don't see a migrating herd for five or six games and then 5 come along at once! It is the nature of randomness.

It should be possible to reduce the number that occur in a given area.

I was quite happy when the first herd of elephants migrated into a jungle right next to my city. But by now there are a total of 5 herds around it,and I haven´t even left the prehistoric era.

I have played quite a few games recently and i have NEVER had an Elephant migration what so ever, and for that matter the only one i have seen lately is the "deer."

Top Bottom