C2C - Event Ideas

I had my 1st ever (Of any migration) elephant yesterday. I was very pleased to get it. :)

JosEPh

I have played quite a few games recently and i have NEVER had an Elephant migration what so ever, and for that matter the only one i have seen lately is the "deer."

Strange. I had them in my two last games. In the first one it was just 3 of them, over a large nubmer of turns (but also right next to each other), but in the current one it is realy exxtreme.

Yeah, sometimes you get no animal migration events, sometimes you get 5 or 6. I'm guessing it is a combination of luck and the (comparatively) small number of events in prehistoric. I don't think I have ever seen the event past Ancient, so I'm guessing it either obsoletes somewhere around mid-late classical, or the probability of the events are really low and it gets out-competed by later events.

In a way, the temporal density makes sense. Turns in the early game span a lot of years, and things like enough animals migrating that they are a resource on the map take some time. So in late game it would be bad to have them do that on a yearly basis.

Just the the spacial proximity is a bit odd.

This also aplies to fires: If something burns down every 10-20 turns in prehistoric that means soemthing is burnin down everey few millenia, a bit later it might be just centuries :D
of course it is still anoying for us players.

:hmm: I was certain I already did that... Will need to check.

Edit: done, now there is a gamemigration.dds in Afforess' art folder that is no longer in use though...

Shouldn't that one be use for the African continent for the migration of the Wilderbeast??

a few ideas of new events
stevia
reqieres jungle
we have discouverd a more healthy replacement of sugar which is called stevia
effect: a new source of sugar an plus one :health: from sugar

stevia makes the other handed form of sugar so your taste bugs can still taste it but you gut can't absorb it and your body can't use it so it just passes through without making you fat. It has been known of since at least the 1980's when I first heard of it, but it would require big investment to convert the current sugar plantations over. I am not even sure it how it grows.

Edit it is not stevia I was thinking about - that was a tropical vine.

Given Nanovirus' issue posted in the SVN thread, I would suggest disabling Global Warming for V27. It is obviously not balanced, and I doubt that it will be balancable between now and Saturday morning.

Given Nanovirus' issue posted in the SVN thread, I would suggest disabling Global Warming for V27. It is obviously not balanced, and I doubt that it will be balancable between now and Saturday morning.

I agree wholeheartedly. The thresholds for Global Warming are just too low right now.

I agree wholeheartedly. The thresholds for Global Warming are just too low right now.

Thats why i believe i disabled it along time ago, but i haven't gotten far in a game lately, so it sounds like someone put it back into the game:mischief::(

Thats why i believe i disabled it along time ago, but i haven't gotten far in a game lately, so it sounds like someone put it back into the game:mischief::(

Is there more than one global warming mechanic? I think the one causing problems right now is the Global Warming event in the ori Modules folder.

I tested a global warming event a while back and got exactly zero feedback on it - so I assumed its probability was so low it wouldn't be noticeable currently. I am fine with it being turned off for now, it was just a test anyways. Or else people could start giving feedback so I could adjust the values ;)
I am however certain it would require a lot of rebalancing if it actually does kick in at some point.

I tested a global warming event a while back and got exactly zero feedback on it - so I assumed its probability was so low it wouldn't be noticeable currently. I am fine with it being turned off for now, it was just a test anyways. Or else people could start giving feedback so I could adjust the values ;)
I am however certain it would require a lot of rebalancing if it actually does kick in at some point.

The thing about GM is it comes rather later in Era's and "us" as modders, dont get to that Era too often, because of the changes going on. But the regular people that play should report on stuff like this, otherwise there is NO way to fix these minor problem, so lets please HELP:help: out these modders, thx everyone.

Could you disable it before Saturday? Because, that is when we're planning on releasing V27, and it is not working now. If you PMed or posted a more detailed description of how GW works (I can't do Python to save my life) I could look at it and estimate what good thresholds would be, but not before V27.

Top Bottom