C2C: Maps & Scenarios

Okay, sitting down, new placeable resources from what I can tell are:
-Barley
-Figs
-Fossils
-Mango (I typed Manga originally. -__- )
-Resin

By virtue of the GEM, a lot of the ocean is tropical.
Tropical Water (Finished)
Ocean (Already done, basically what doesn't convert to Tropical or Arctic ocean.)
(Arctic and Antarctic) Ocean (Done, GEM does not extend far enough south for the Antarctic Circle.)
Wild Coral Fixin' (Should be easier to traverse around Austrailia, while still keeping a majority of the reefs intact. Toned sown in some areas, added more in others.)
New Resources
Resource Buildings (Have to go through the files)

Fossils are a "terrain feature" BTW.

Here is a list of resource origins I looked up for GEM.

@Acularius

Just thought this would be helpful to you for resource distribution. While working on the many crop buildings i would frequent wikipeda and learn some new stuff about them, specifically where crops originated. Here is a list of resources and where they were originally from.

Almond = Middle East and Indus Valley
Apple = Turkey (Asia Minor)
Banana = Southeast Asia, Eastern India, Southern China (See Map)
Barley = Fertile Crescent
Coffee = Ethiopia
Corn = Southeast Mexico
Cotton = Indus Valley
Dye (Indigo) = ?
Fig = Middle East
Flax = Eastern Mediterranean to India
Hemp = Central Asia and South Asia
Incense (Frankincense) = Arabian Peninsula and in North Africa
Lemons = Southern India, northern Burma and China
Mango = Northern India, Burma, and Western Malaysia
Melon (Watermelon) = Southern Africa
Olives = Mediterranean Basin, western Asia and northern Africa
Opium = Middle East
Papaya = Southern Mexico, Central America and Northern South America
Papyrus = Egypt
Potatoes = Southern Peru
Pumpkin = North America
Rice = Yangtze River valley in China
Rubber = South America
Spices (Cinnamon)= China? Egypt?
Squash = North America (yeah all of them)
Sugar = India and Southeast Asia.
Tea = Asia and Southeast Asia
Tobacco = North America
Wheat = Middle East
Wine = Georgia, Iran and Armenia

Not sure if this helps for map making, but it thought it was interesting.

Yep, went over that list. Realized that I was missing the Papaya, almond, and the illusive wine that wasn't placed in Armenia, Iran and Georgia.

Papaya I placed in the Central American region, ALmonds had a decent spread from Anatolia (Turkey) to the Indus Valley.

http://www.mongabay.com/10rubber.htm

Rubber being a vital modern resource should get some attention.

Quite sure I gave that a lot of attention in the first version I created.

Without further ado, I bring out the maps again.

Added the Aboriginal to Australia, hopefully to counteract the expansion of the other civ.
I placed the Tupi close to the coast of Brazil, because I'm hoping that start will allow greater expansion on the S.A continent than placing them in the middle of the Amazonian Basin.
Placed Attila in the Crimean region, I hope this acts as a counter balance to the Russians and was in their historical route of expansion from the steppes.

Map changes, added the new resources, tamed the coral reefs but still made them threatening.
Looking for player reports and general feedback. Basically to make balance changes and such.

Attachments

• Acularius' modified GEM (3-22-2012).rar
    212.8 KB · Views: 418
Cant comment on play, as its for the latest SVN, ( might help to note its for SVN) which i dont use, but i looked back for an earlier version for rubber distribution, and yes its a good placement.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...wM3YBg&usg=AFQjCNEQGvTWu6tYRMwcbSLJLBHOp-EH0Q

Set up game and add uber defensive units to your start city, set auto click to end turn and let the AI play, you can then observe save games to look at AI behavoir.

Cant comment on play, as its for the latest SVN, ( might help to note its for SVN) which i dont use, but i looked back for an earlier version for rubber distribution, and yes its a good placement.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...wM3YBg&usg=AFQjCNEQGvTWu6tYRMwcbSLJLBHOp-EH0Q

Set up game and add uber defensive units to your start city, set auto click to end turn and let the AI play, you can then observe save games to look at AI behavoir.

Sorry, it was for the latest SVN.
Thanks for the idea though.

[/quote]http://www.mongabay.com/10rubber.htm

Rubber being a vital modern resource should get some attention.[/quote]

Quite sure I gave that a lot of attention in the first version I created.

Once you need rubber, ( Mayan used it for water proof clothing and to coat the legs to work all day stood in water so its water based economy was light yers ahead of others before we found modern aplications) and its on the other side of the world to get any, nations used their petro chemical industry to synthasis rubber for use, so the game needs a building that produces sythetic rubber.

Germany with no acess to rubber, had to use synthetic rubber ( syththetic oil would be another example but not as extreme as oil is in France/Romania/poland and N Afric etc, not on the other side of the world) for its military requirement (too expensive for peacetime domestic useage) and rubber is needed in game for the tire factory, which unless you have in game acess to where rubber is naturaly found, will give you a bottlenck in unit production, is what i going for.

Thanks for the idea though.

Quick and easy method to test AI with, and helps remove the need for others feedback.

Edit, just found synth rubber in the editor, so it must be in game, but where?.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 103
Early days with it so far, so dont know how mid to late game will look like, only let autoplay run for 400 or so turns to see early expansion trends.

To the West its bound by the Atlantic, ( So Spain and Gaul not starting on the coast will delay any sea cities) the South ( N Africa) has a large desert which will prevent pushing past it ( and will therefore always generate barbs for the game as it remains unexplored), ditto Arabia, N of Persia is the only place that might be a problem, with lack of wrap around, and ive left it bare of civs, and intend to stack barb cities more densly here to have horse nomad types screen that area and provide a large push into the civs of the Middle east. ( Mounted barbs from these cities will come earlier than is the norm.

So a the barbs will screen if you will, the lack of wrap around by hopefully provoviding an artifical edge rather than the map cut off. Ai will follow the stacked resources ive placed for city expansion so i *think* i can direct that by stacking resources in places and voiding them where i dont want to encourage expansion.

Edit: AI is wary to move over damage dealing terrain but desert can stack with date palm to keep tile output up, and act to keep AI from moving over it, ( looks pretty as well, as do other stackingof features and resources) one use for that is to keep Assyria from takeing Bablyon out as i found it was doing in v early game, and now does not but is *pushed* to go other directions by the terrain.

@DRJ, I am not having much luck with updating the ocean terrains on the GEM at the moment but I will keep trying.

Thx man, if it doesn't work I am gonna do it manually once I got some good green sh!t going and feel like doing something very... let's say meditative, knowing that GEM consists of thousands of tiles :) At least including the real ocean currents will be fun.

Btw. What about deep ocean? would like to include that in one go...

Thx man, if it doesn't work I am gonna do it manually once I got some good green sh!t going and feel like doing something very... let's say meditative, knowing that GEM consists of thousands of tiles :) At least including the real ocean currents will be fun.

Btw. What about deep ocean? would like to include that in one go...

I have gone off deep ocean. It does not match with the current ocean transport model well. Currently coast and ocean are about travel not the depth of the ocean.

I have gone off deep ocean. It does not match with the current ocean transport model well. Currently coast and ocean are about travel not the depth of the ocean.

Aw :( Sry for my stupid question now but instead of having no deep ocean, can't in the meantime the same model of ocean we have right just get a dark purple adjustment with a filter or something?

If this thread is meant to list all C2C maps/scenarios the OP should be updated regularly. As is the only wat to find new maps/scenarios is to look through all (currently 11) pages, which isn´t very helpful. ;)

If this thread is meant to list all C2C maps/scenarios the OP should be updated regularly. As is the only wat to find new maps/scenarios is to look through all (currently 11) pages, which isn´t very helpful. ;)

Thx, we know, thats why if you look there is a new sub-forum "we" just got, thx.

Ok right from the git go, i had a Date Tree, and poof a wheat field showed up right under it on turn 18 already????

Also if the Land markers are not really RL features, that is one thing i "Definitely" dont like.

Well I have said now that we have unlimited resources that some terrain features should be made into resources. Which include ...

- Dates
- Coconuts
- Prickly Pear Cactus
- Barrel Cactus
- Fossils

Stuff that I think should not be converted are ...

- Bamboo
- Seaweed
- Coral
- Savanna

Then there are some I am not sure of such as Tar Pits.

Top Bottom