C2C SVN Changelog

Mine does have Python. It uses an onBuildingBuilt to trigger and a setRouteType to place the roads. The Python is supposed to activate only when the Wonder is completed.

My bad, i just looked in the python area and saw it, but it was listed in the SVN add-ons at least in my stuff, dang i hate it when i look silly, again sorry.:blush:

Lots of changes:
  • Fixed a major memory leak
  • Added a new dynamic-loading mechanism for units to save further memory
  • Fixed a CTD that arose in rare cases on culture recalculation (Volkara's crash)
  • Fixed a miscalculation in the AI's unit upgrade budgeting
  • Reworked internal processing of realistic culture spread to be more efficient

Anyway, as an update to what I had to say yesterday in the bugs thread, here's a summary of this:

Good news - the new dynamic units settings more or less solved the Talin memory growth issue in testing

Even better news - in the course of final soak testing and clean up, prior to pushing it to SVN, I actually discovered the cause of the leak itself (at least much of it), and was able to fix it even without the use of the new dynamic unit entity loading!

Not so good news - in-depth soak testing revealed that I still have a rare (like every 10 turns or so on a save with circa 10000 units) bug in my new code that causes a crash. I still haven't pinned this down, but it only happens if using the new dynamic unit entity loading, and I'll keep looking so should have a fix at some point

The take-away however, is that this new version should largely address the problems, with just the default settings. If you need even more memory saving you can enable the dynamic entity system, but be aware it is known to have a lurking bug currently, so right now that is NOT recommended.

This push also includes a fix for Volkarya's crash, as reported in the bugs and crashes thread last week.

Please let me know how you get on with this, especially those with memory issues, and Volkarya.

Lots of changes:
  • Fixed a major memory leak
  • Added a new dynamic-loading mechanism for units to save further memory
  • Fixed a CTD that arose in rare cases on culture recalculation (Volkara's crash)
  • Fixed a miscalculation in the AI's unit upgrade budgeting
  • Reworked internal processing of realistic culture spread to be more efficient

Anyway, as an update to what I had to say yesterday in the bugs thread, here's a summary of this:

Good news - the new dynamic units settings more or less solved the Talin memory growth issue in testing

Even better news - in the course of final soak testing and clean up, prior to pushing it to SVN, I actually discovered the cause of the leak itself (at least much of it), and was able to fix it even without the use of the new dynamic unit entity loading!

Not so good news - in-depth soak testing revealed that I still have a rare (like every 10 turns or so on a save with circa 10000 units) bug in my new code that causes a crash. I still haven't pinned this down, but it only happens if using the new dynamic unit entity loading, and I'll keep looking so should have a fix at some point

The take-away however, is that this new version should largely address the problems, with just the default settings. If you need even more memory saving you can enable the dynamic entity system, but be aware it is known to have a lurking bug currently, so right now that is NOT recommended.

This push also includes a fix for Volkarya's crash, as reported in the bugs and crashes thread last week.

Please let me know how you get on with this, especially those with memory issues, and Volkarya.

As usual, Koshling comes to the rescue and allows us to keep growing C2C past what any of the devs for civ 4 ever imagined.

Good Job, again. :goodjob::goodjob:

So the leak was in the DLL after all?

So the leak was in the DLL after all?

No, it was unit entities, but related to the way the DLL handled them under some circumstances, so all the delving into entity management flushed it out

Updated to the new SVN version this morning, I seem to be flooded with invisibl units that cause a crash upon selecting them.

Also, I don't know if this was intended, the new foresty and hill movement promotions.

Well Guerilla has its double movement removed, however the 2nd level woodsmen had not.
I do not know if this was intentional or not, or was fixed in the SVN patch this morning. (Tried reinstalling it, but I still get innvisible units.)

I'll try removing the entire thing and doing it again.

Updated to the new SVN version this morning, I seem to be flooded with invisibl units that cause a crash upon selecting them.

Also, I don't know if this was intended, the new foresty and hill movement promotions.

Well Guerilla has its double movement removed, however the 2nd level woodsmen had not.
I do not know if this was intentional or not, or was fixed in the SVN patch this morning. (Tried reinstalling it, but I still get innvisible units.)

I'll try removing the entire thing and doing it again.

It looks like the entity chnages are not working right for anyone but me! I'll look ino it as soon as I can later today. Til then sorry.

Hopefully fixed the crashing that everyone was experiencing today. I made some last minute changes yesteday and obviously didn't test them well. Sadly the nature of what was wrong leads me to the conclusion that I may have also been hallucinating yesterday about the memory issues going away with the dynamic units turned off.

Please let me know how you get on with this latest version (both with or without dynamic units on).

I may have also been hallucinating yesterday about the memory issues going away with the dynamic units turned off.

ahahahah, now you know how DH and I feel:lol::crazyeye: well mainly me:rolleyes:

Hopefully fixed the crashing that everyone was experiencing today. I made some last minute changes yesteday and obviously didn't test them well. Sadly the nature of what was wrong leads me to the conclusion that I may have also been hallucinating yesterday about the memory issues going away with the dynamic units turned off.

Please let me know how you get on with this latest version (both with or without dynamic units on).

Well, the bug that was causing the crash is gone. I was able to get past the point where it crashed before without it crashing. Now I can't get units to end their turn - units that expend all their movement are just sitting there, and using the "Skip Turn" button or the space bar doesn't work. Any ideas what is going on?

Edit: I can get the units to skip if I group them first. Even if it's only one unit.

Well, the bug that was causing the crash is gone. I was able to get past the point where it crashed before without it crashing. Now I can't get units to end their turn - units that expend all their movement are just sitting there, and using the "Skip Turn" button or the space bar doesn't work. Any ideas what is going on?

Should put stuff like this in the bug/crashes thread, thx.;)

New Techs . . .

Hunting Tactics
Req Techs: Warfare AND Atlatl Making
Cost: 50

Imperialism
Req Techs: Grand War AND Nationalism
Cost: 4500

3D Printing
Req Techs: 3D Modelling, Plastics
Cost: 8400

Megacorporations
Req Techs: Conglomerates AND Mesh Networks
Cost: 12000

Changed ...

Tribalism
Required Techs: Stone Building AND Carpentry AND Cultural Identity AND Hunting Tactics

Chiefdom
Required Techs: Tribalism AND Tattoos

Polytheism
Required Techs: Dualism AND Masonry

Aesthetics
Required Techs: Alphabet AND Geometry AND Sericulture

Labor Union
Req Techs: Assembly Line AND Marxism AND Imperialism

Rapid Prototyping
Req Techs: Communications Networks AND Virtual Reality AND 3D Printing

Conglomerates
Req Techs: Communication Networks
Cost: 8100

Planetary Economics
Req Techs: Androids AND Environmental Economics AND Fusion AND Nanobotics and Megacorporations

Corrected SPACE FLIGHT . . .

"Astronatutics" should be spelled Astronautics.

Should put stuff like this in the bug/crashes thread, thx.;)

Well, I wanted to post that the bug that was causing my crashes was fixed and couldn't resist mentioning the new problem. I posted a saved game example in the bugs/crashes thread.

Thanks for the new techs, I'll add them to my spreadsheet. Do you think it would be good to post it to the Modders Documentation thread?

Some more techs from the discussions with Vokarya/Hydro.

New Techs ...

Transistors
Required Techs: Electronics AND Advanced Metallurgy

Television
Required Techs: Transistors AND Motion Pictures
Changed ...

Mass Media
Required Techs: Television AND Pop Art

Computers
Required Techs: Modern Physics AND Transistors

Top Bottom