C2C SVN Changelog

Did i do this right:

1.downloaded SVN

2.created an empty folder in the Local Disk Drive itself so that it is C:\Beta

3. I checkedout the beta version to the empty folder which its currently in the process of finishing.

thats what ive got done so far now im not sure on what to actually do after this do I just copy the folder over to my mods folder in BTS when its done downloading or do i do something else? im not as computer savy as most people who do this and I dont want to do this wrong and mess everything up.

Did i do this right:

1.downloaded SVN

2.created an empty folder in the Local Disk Drive itself so that it is C:\Beta

3. I checkedout the beta version to the empty folder which its currently in the process of finishing.

thats what ive got done so far now im not sure on what to actually do after this do I just copy the folder over to my mods folder in BTS when its done downloading or do i do something else? im not as computer savy as most people who do this and I dont want to do this wrong and mess everything up.

Rather than copy you should do an SVN export (right click on the downloaded working copy 'trunk' folder and select 'Tortoise SVN' then 'Export' from the submenu. Export into your mods folder and rename as 'Caveman2Cosmos'

should the trunk folder look like this:

thats where it stopped transfering at

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    109.5 KB · Views: 48
should the trunk folder look like this:

thats where it stopped transfering at

No - that looks incomplete. If you right click and select 'Tortoise SVN' then 'Repo browser' it will start the actual browser tool which will show you all the files and folders in the repository (which should match what you get on an 'Update'). You don't actually NEED everything (e.g. - 'source'), but the fact it hasn't downloaded it all suggests it failed (but it's odd that it didn't give an error message in that case)

Edit - total size of 'trunk' (as reported from windows properties) should be about 3.8G once you have everything.

Just pushed to SVN (5727):
  • Fixed bug in display of unit production modifier on traits
  • Fixed lack of plot reveal events being passed to Python
  • Enhanced asset caching to increase mod load speed (2nd and subsequent loads)

The speedups to mod load should be quite noticeable on second and subsequent loads (first load after an update it won't help at all). In particular the time when you're watching the progress dialog (after it appears) until the menus appear should be substantially shorter.

Modders- please note that many more CvInfo classes now have streamed variants of read, and a streamed write, so if you're adding new tags be sure to update these along with any changes to XML reading methods. Also, if you DO make changes to the cache format (i.e. - new tags that require streaming to the cache files) please also increment the value of CACHE_VERSION, which is with CvXMLLoadUtilitySetMod::writeCacheHeader().

Rather than copy you should do an SVN export (right click on the downloaded working copy 'trunk' folder and select 'Tortoise SVN' then 'Export' from the submenu. Export into your mods folder and rename as 'Caveman2Cosmos'

total size of 'trunk' (as reported from windows properties) should be about 3.8G once you have everything.

What is different between exporting and copying directly? Should I remove copied one and export files?
Size of my downloaded trunk is about 5.5G and that of copied version I'm using is about 2.7G.
I've re-downloaded whole svn and copied it continually so I can confirm the sizes are always similar. Does this mean something is wrong?

What is different between exporting and copying directly? Should I remove copied one and export files?
Size of my downloaded trunk is about 5.5G and that of copied version I'm using is about 2.7G.
I've re-downloaded whole svn and copied it continually so I can confirm the sizes are always similar. Does this mean something is wrong?

No, my bad - my sizes were off ('trunk' is smaller than I stated - forgot mine had all the object files and PDBs etc. in it because I build from it). It's parent ('C2C trunk') is larger but most people don't download that (or need to)

hmmmm ive gone a whole 42 minutes and 23 seconds at a transfer rate of 0 and has stopped at \Assets\art\movies\wonders\Copernicus.bik

Sounds like its stuck - I'd kill it and restart - it should pick up where it left off. This seems to happen (I think it's a Tortoise bug) on large updates sometimes (so especially initial downloads)

Updates

- Fix building obsolete techs and upgrades for hunting and human sacrifice buildings.
- change map generator utils, C2C part, to change the plot yields after placing the Natural Wonders.

i finally got it into my mods folder and theres another update :twitch:

And I am about to make another one as soon as I figure out why the message text is coming out in blue rather than what I thought I was telling it to be.

The SVN can change many times a day. You don't have to be fully up to date all the time. In fact if you aren't a modder being slightly behind can mean the difference between being able to play or not!

hi!
I created a new folder called C2C and than wanted to checkout. In the URL I copied the svn+ssh://faustmouse@svn.code.sf.net/p/caveman2cosmos/code/trunk

It always ends in the attached Error.

Attachments

• checkoutfailed.png
    checkoutfailed.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 43
Top Bottom