C2C SVN Changelog

Well, the American civ I was playing is now Aborigine with their flag! PLEASE don't tell me I have to start over! I've finally gotten to the industrial age after playing for 40 years!:lol:

Nope everything is fine, your just an "Amerigine" now!

Added a unique Building for every Wonder of Nature currently in the game.

Note:
They all have pink Icons since I couldn't find the Buttons DH was talking about.

@DH: Could you please edit the Art files so they use the correct path to the icons? Thanks! :goodjob:

Just pushed to SVN (5917):
  • Fixed crash when spy performs espionage and is returned to capital if capital is not in viewport
  • Fixed crash reported by Dekk

[*]Fixed crash when spy performs espionage and is returned to capital if capital is not in viewport

:goodjob::goodjob:;) thx, I knew it was something like that, . . . SO

also thx on the NW, i knew i forgot 1 step:blush::)

Nope everything is fine, your just an "Amerigine" now!

Actually this change broke culturally linked starts. I'm getting Python errors now - you need to change references to 'CIVILIZATION_AMERICA' in the Python too. Since that also refers to some text values there are probably some of those that will also nee changing. If you search you'll find it's referenced in about 5 Python files...

Updates

- Big cats now released.
- Removed excess python in the Immigration mod. I.E. missions and can train stuff which c2C does differently.
- Hemp reduces costs to build sailing ships. We may need to split the resource into the two main types the rope/cloth one and the drug one.

Hemp is used for rope, sails and clothing. One of the reasons for Australia's settlement was because of the loss of the hemp from plantations in what was becoming the US of A;). You can also get those things from other resources but hemp was the best material.

My point was that we already had rope as a separate resource and the product may be more appropriate than its material(hemp) to represent shipbuilding directly.
But I noticed rope is a requirement to build ships. So never mind.

EDIT : The button of police cat trainer is pink and I don't know why. The path in xml is correct.. :confused:

So am I really stuck playing Aborigine instead of America for the rest of the game?

They are actually making a difference now though they seem to be going the opposite direction. A comparative test on a starting city with it's first population as a citizen revealed there was an adjustment from the option but it was a little subtle and the Tribe was actually cheaper compared to the non-option game.

I don't think you have much to worry about on the prehistoric game. That's where I actually feel able to stay on top of things actually. Furthermore you're dealing in percentages and not flat rates so it has less impact on smaller values as it is.

I'd keep doing comparitive tests like the above mentioned one I ran to get an idea of how your numbers are panning out.

If you were asking why it didn't seem to be doing anything... the changes are apparently fairly subtle for the system though they may not seem like it. And its possible it wasn't working for you due to some xml load error that wasn't being caught as it would with the debug dll. It SHOULD be fine now. If it continues to seem like drastic changes don't have any effect, then I've got a theory as to what may be happening and how to fix it. So keep me posted.

Tested again, I tried normal speed where the itrain is 85, i changed the "GAMESPEED_ALT_NORMAL" itrain to 500 so it'd be obvious difference.
Units cost the same. Exactly the same amount of hammers. I have no xml load errors.

Updates

- Fix some natural Wonder and BioPunk XML errors.
- Add new totem buildings for cats, dogs and rhinos.
- Adjust the tamed animals to better fit with C2C.

The debug dll is getting a bit old again so I did not post all the assert errors I was getting.

Edit updates

- Fix text for Herbavor Tamer and turn it off
- Fix button for Police Cat Trainer.

Ah, well. I'll stick it out. This is the farthest I've gotten in a long time. Although, there is an appeal to starting a new game...all the open unexplored territory and unknown potential enemies and allies, all those techs, units, buildings to discover....I love this game!

Top Bottom