C2C SVN Changelog

- Added another batch of future era buildings.
- Two new map categories: Titanic and Distant.
- New bonus: Magnetic Monopoles
- Fixed a missing icon bug

• Revert iUnit HurryPercent values.

• Revert iHurryConscriptAngerPercent values

Last edited:
  • Adds PrereqTech and ObsoleteTech tags to SpawnInfos.xml. If you use them, do not use the date range tags, which are optional. The existence of a defined PrereqTech will override any use of the date range tags anyhow. The spawns become active if any legitimate player has the expressed PrereqTech and inactive if any have researched the ObsoleteTech.
  • Defined these tags for all spawns that needed to use them. Also corrected an error in the spawn infos.

I know I need to look at the unit upgrading giving too much gold issue. Initial review of the code logic suggests the logic is fine so I'm not seeing something that's causing this so reviewing it happening in the save is going to be critical. Didn't have time for that yet since I was in the middle of this project.

We've been looking forward to this correction in spawning method for a while now.

Last edited:
<nvrnmd>

Getting jiggy with python... ;)

• Ensured proper display of the Greater Gold (Millions of gold) amount.
  • Corrected numerous spots in our python files that relate to the processing and expectations associated with the Greater Gold system that makes it nearly impossible to get an overflow amount of gold now.

@Toffer90 : Changes I made to the main interface are going to have to be adapted in whatever way you wish into your own display adjustments. Make sure to look into the changelog to see what I did there please. Since yours will become the final version of the main interface display, I'm leaving it to you to define the greater and lesser gold icons as you wish. You've proven to know how to go about that.

@All: At the moment, I'm just (potentially confusingly) using the Commerce Icon for Greater Gold.

I looked into this because of a bug report that someone was able to upgrade far more units than it looked like he should have been able to afford. I cannot fix that game because the game state of having 40 millions (Greater Gold) of gold is a legal gamestate and there's no good way to say he shouldn't have it without writing a single one-time adjustment hack.

Nevertheless, we learn from this that there is some manner in which the Greater Gold amount can take on a value that it should never have been able to have (he's in Classical... 40 million gold is a little tough to understand how he obtained that.)

But the problem starts with the invisibility of the Greater Gold amount. So I've at least fixed that. Python rewrites the default gold display so I had to start there to make it show up properly, which was somewhat unexpected since I found a gold display line in the code and manipulated that. I also fixed a logic problem there in this commit as well. I realized I can't get away with a method I thought would work.

Anyhow, what this means is:

IF YOU FIND THAT YOU HAVE AN UNEXPECTED AMOUNT OF GREATER GOLD: I apologize. There must be some kind of way that the save data could have become corrupted during the load and save sequences back when I was working on this. I seem to recall noting that this could happen.

Either that or we have a problem I haven't seen. If you see the greater gold amount change in unexpected and erroneous ways, please try to capture that in a save with instructions and report it in the bugs and crashes thread.

To resolve if it's already a problem, you can probably go into the world builder, reduce gold to 0, then do something to cost some more gold, then go back into the worldbuilder, reduce gold to 0 and repeat the process until all the Greater Gold that shouldn't be there is gone. If the game is that important to you and you don't want an effectively infinite gold amount, this is what you'll have to do. Tedious I know... sorry.

Anyhow, hopefully we'll be good on this front from here on out.

On build 9744 when I reach one million in gold it suddenly disappears. Sounds like I need to get a newer SVN.

• Fixed the python error that occurred when a unit with marauder promo won a battle.
  • Genereal cleanup in the python file The_JMods.py
  • Changed the formula for how much espionage/research/gold can be stolen by units with the promotions that allows this ability.

• Fixed some issues with Game Fonts, cleaned up a few graphical glitches and duplicates.
  • Seems like bonus font icons in GameFont.tga that has an index higher than 209 won't work.
  • Seems like bonus font icons in GameFont_75.tga that has an index higher than 191 won't work.
  • It is strange that there is a difference there between GameFont and GameFont_75.
  • Reduced the size of GameFont_75.tga by 1.1 MB. (Cropped the image file to not include empty texture space)
There is a limit of 210 big bonus font icons (GameFont), and 192 small bonus font Icons (GameFont_75).

Last edited:

Fixes to the Space Worker unit combat class. Also, all data on that was moved out of the pepper2000 folder and into the core.

Please let me know if there are any more problems, as I still don't fully understand the mechanisms behind combat classes.

• Creates a new global define so we can adjust the final result of the value of a worker in trade with an AI.
  • Applies the new global, WORKER_TRADE_VALUE_PERCENT_ADJUSTMENT, to -50 (50% less valuable) as the bug reported had been that they are way overvalued right now. I'll need some more feedback to zero it in further. @JosEPh_II If you want to adjust this ever, feel free.

• Overhauled the GameFont TGA files so we now can add over 300 more font icons before hitting the upper limit again.
  • Reduced the size of the GameFont files by 6 MB.
  • Fixed bonus font icons that wasn't working and changed the icon for some that had a wrong icon assigned.
  • Graphical improvements to some font icons.

Last edited:
Yeah I looked at that code when trying to get the correct icons displayed everywhere else in the game, it is just city bar that shows wrong icons.
hmm... Well... buildCityBillboardIconString is certainly where that line of icons is formatted. On a second review I'm pretty sure that's what that's for. Unless it's being bypassed and done in python these days but I don't think so.

• Fixes a problem with Rams and Combat Limit that was, in some rare cases, causing them to be unable to initiate an attack when they should have been able to.
This was another crazy difficult one to track down! Original bug reported here.

Last edited:
  • Fixed an issue in my last commit.
hmm... Well... buildCityBillboardIconString is certainly where that line of icons is formatted. On e a second review I'm pretty sure that's what that's for. Unless it's being bypassed and done in python these days but I don't think so.
I figured it out, was a problem in the TGA file. The dll suggested that the first row was only 17 slots long while the exe want's it to be 25 slots like the rest of the rows.

Last edited:
Python have lists ,arrays, tuples, maps (called dictionaries) and is pretty capable at matrix math in general. It have object and objects can even have child objects with inheritance rules... etc.
Matrix math....something I have not used since 1985. Like so much of my College Math education from way back then. I Was going to be a High School math teacher............but life intervened.

Thank you Toffer for digging into this.

• Font Icons Fix Attempt: A small adjustment to the GameFont TGA files.
  • Small tweak to the gamefont files.
    • Added in some of the unused font icons that I cut out in the recent overhaul of the GameFont.tga file. (The ones seen between disease and education properties)
    • Placed a sun under the shinto religion font icon. (makes it more visible)

Last edited:
  • Adjustments to 5 GameInfo files; slow down inflation start and Civic inflation levels. Reduce iTechCostModifiers in EraInfo. Adjust/extend over all range for Individual crimes (thought I had done this previously) and adjust entry levels for 4 highest Ind. crimes. Other various tweaks as well.

• Turn back On the Barb and Neanderthal Spawns. Also increased Hurry Inflation Decay rate.

Last edited:
  • Adds PrereqTech and ObsoleteTech tags to SpawnInfos.xml. If you use them, do not use the date range tags, which are optional. The existence of a defined PrereqTech will override any use of the date range tags anyhow. The spawns become active if any legitimate player has the expressed PrereqTech and inactive if any have researched the ObsoleteTech.
  • Defined these tags for all spawns that needed to use them. Also corrected an error in the spawn infos.
Now I can fix the locust swarms!

Top Bottom