1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

C2C SVN Changelog

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

• Change display order of Civics (as per raxo2222)
    • Minor fixes for subdued animals (eg remove palace requirement on some Myths)
    • Fix XML error in LunarDemo
    • Have Scarecrow building require the Crow pest in the city

raxo2222 likes this.
  2. dsma_bell

dsma_bell Chieftain

• German translations to some hints, features and combat classes and some texts from the unit view
    • Corrections to german translations in some vanilla civ hints

3. KaTiON_PT

KaTiON_PT Emperor

• Corrected missing localization string for TXT_KEY_BUILDING_ANTELOPE_MYTH_EFFECT (reported by raxo2222)
    • Corrected all uppercase "Myth Effect - ANTELOPE" to "Myth Effect - Antelope"

raxo2222 likes this.
  4. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

• Increased the difference between all the handicap levels.
    • Cleaned up some XML
    • Enabled the graphic of around 10 building models that had been disabled by their size scale being at zero.

raxo2222 likes this.
  5. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

• Removes a point of Disguise visibility from the Law Enforcement unitcombat and adds it throughout each Law Enforcement unit instead. This fixes a buggy reason why Watchers are not being selected as Disguise based See Invisible AI units to be staffed in AI cities and large stacks.
    • Adds, for the same reason, a point of Camo visibility to all canine units. This does adjust the visibility power of canines to be a bit stronger overall in balance.
    • Adjusts the build priority of see invisible units and adds a filter check that should speed up turn times to a potentially noticeable degree.
    • Keeps the Ai from hanging on to infiltrator AIs in their own cities ever.

I have one more major fix to accomplish and I've probably already written the code to do it and simply have removed it as I was backpedaling to fix other issues. Therefore I wanted to lock down what I have now so that I can test inclusion of some earlier fixes to see if they were really causing any trouble or if they were actually good resolutions and be able to easily revert to this point if it's the former.

I should be able to get through this task quickly and then I think we can pretty much consider the rerelease a go after that. This is still a fairly critical issue because units are getting sucked into answering brokerage calls for AI types that they aren't even set to (but do qualify to BE set to.) This is causing some unintended odd behavior and failures to enact the correct protocols and some unit mission paralysis at times. Again, I had this fixed at a point so it should be easy enough to find the coding that resolved it and re-install it and check to make sure it's not causing other problems.

Unfortunately that might still take a bit of time since I still have a lot of moving based projects going on.

One side effect of the move here... I now have absolutely awesome internet speed and connection. I should no longer be reluctant to package and upload a version release but I'll need to learn how. I figure I'll ask SO when I see him in person this week ;)

6. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

• Fixed a mistake I made in last commit, assigned the wrong value for one of the tags in the Nightmare handicap xml.
    • Increased difficulty steps a bit more.
    • Increased global tech cost and the palace commerce output.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    KaTiON_PT and raxo2222 like this.
  7. alberts2

alberts2 Emperor

• Fixed errors in CvPlayer which disabled the removal of dead SelectionGroups from NPC's

This should fix the cleanup of dead SelectionGroups from NPC's it was caused by mistakes made almost 6 years ago in.
    Code:
    Revision: 2466
    Author: koshling
    Date: Mittwoch, 2. Mai 2012 00:18:40
    Adding hypothetical unit pathing capability
    Used hypothetical unit pathing to better estimate delivery time on units production tenders
    ----
    Modified : /PDB & DLL archive/CvGameCoreDLL.dll
    Modified : /PDB & DLL archive/CvGameCoreDLL.pdb
    Modified : /trunk/Assets/CvGameCoreDLL.dll
    Modified : /trunk/Sources/CvCity.cpp
    Modified : /trunk/Sources/CvContractBroker.cpp
    Modified : /trunk/Sources/CvPathGenerator.cpp
    Modified : /trunk/Sources/CvPathGenerator.h
    Modified : /trunk/Sources/CvPlayer.cpp
    Modified : /trunk/Sources/CvPlayer.h
    Modified : /trunk/Sources/CvPlayerAI.cpp
    Modified : /trunk/Sources/CvPlot.cpp
    Modified : /trunk/Sources/CvSelectionGroup.cpp
    Modified : /trunk/Sources/CvSelectionGroup.h
    Modified : /trunk/Sources/CvSelectionGroupAI.cpp
    Modified : /trunk/Sources/CvUnit.cpp
    Modified : /trunk/Sources/CvUnit.h

This example shows that C2C needs less changes and new additions of stuff but instead more bug fixing.
    There might be more issues caused by those changes so i continue to investigate and it might be possible that my change causes CTD's because of bad code in other places but I don't think that should be the case.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    sunrisereader, DC0, tmv and 5 others like this.
  8. The Boss

The Boss Chieftain

Sorry, perhaps wrong place, but....
    Why is this when I update SVN? What does it means? What action have I to do?

Action Path
    Command Update
    Updating C:\Users\Utente\Desktop\Cavemanto Cosmos
    Skipped, remains conflict C:\Users\Utente\Desktop\Cavemanto Cosmos\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL,dll
    Completed at revision 10056
    Warning One or more files are in a conflicted state

Any explain please?

9. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

• Nobles generate no particular type of GP with their neutral GP pts.
    • Reduced production costs by 10% (testing still shows this could be beneficial across all settings)
    • Corrects the AI's continued slipping into gold or research process mode before useful buildings are fully constructed
    • Fix to the brokerage call system - units with the capacity to have a particular AI type were answering work calls for units of that AI type even if they weren't actually of that type. Now they MUST BE that AI type set to answer such a call.
    • Minor bug fix in the filter for a unit with Defensive capabilities general call.

I have about 3 items left to resolve before re-release, all fairly minor. I have some family visiting tomorrow so it'll be through the week or next weekend. One item is to limit the property control unit response a bit. Anyhow, test this through the week if you can and we may be nearly there to rerelease.

10. dsma_bell

dsma_bell Chieftain

German translations and corrections
    • auto building and housing concept pedia texts
    • native cultures and their corresponding cultures
    • the other auto builds from the first city
    • some unit command buttons and status promotions
    • some ui elements (mainly from the city screen) - some translations had to be shortened to fit in the screen
    • added some Global texts from vanilla civ to adjust the german translation to better fit in C2C

strategyonly and KaTiON_PT like this.
  11. pepper2000

pepper2000 King

Fixed errors with Police Station and Mixed Use Development.

I have much more coming but will wait until the next release for all non-bug fixing updates.

12. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

I did some fixes and cleanups.
    Cultures_CIV4UnitClassInfos.xml - Changed all national limits of cultural trade units to 3.
    Cultures_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml - Fixed cost of Neandarthal world wonder.
    Regular_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml - Fixed cost of baloon festival - was costed to obsolete not unlock tech.
    CIV4TechInfos.xml - Fixed comment on beginning of file, removed redudnancies in prehistoric era and did minor cleanup.
    CIV4BonusInfos.xml - Commented out unused Deep Space terrain for bonus spawning.
    CIV4FeatureInfos.xml - Removed Ice as valid terrain for Tarpit spawning and commented out Deep Space terrain for feature spawning.
    CIV4TerrainInfos.xml - Added comment for Void terrain, that cdan be used as cath all map categories terrain and commented out deep space terrain.
    Bonus_CIV4GameText.xml - Added pedia desription for Grape map resource.
    Terrain_CIV4GameText.xml - Commented out unused Deep Space entries and changed Void description, so it can be used as all-in-one map categories terrain.

Deep Space terrain wasn't used in python/cpp files too.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    pepper2000, Justin Cray and KaTiON_PT like this.
  13. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

:mischief: Do you feel "loved" now? Welcome to the Team. ;)

TPEHEP and raxo2222 like this.
  14. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Thanks, I was asked earlier by other members on forums if I wanted to join, but I was reluctant.
    Thunderbrd sent private message as official invitation to team essentially :)

Justin Cray likes this.
  15. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Fixed description mistakes as miscapitalized letter, missing word or broken pedia reference resulting in TXT_KEY.. errors in pedia.
    Removed latitude limits from space buildings.

NotSoGood Module - Fixed text in Guava/Kava placing worker actions (was X bonus not Place x bonus).
    Pepper Module - Fixed pedia text in Asteroid Surface terrain and Neutron Star colony improvement.
    Regular/National/Great Wonders - Removed latitude limits from space related buildings.
    Bonus/Feature/Terrain (text) infos - Removed commented out Deep Space terrain.
    Captives - Fixed capitalization in "Gather Wood" worker action.
    Civ4 Game Text - Fixed capitalization of "Free Commerce"
    Global game text - Fixed capitalization of worker actions text and capitalization in "Food Wasted"

@pepper2000 I fixed mistakes in terrain and improvement game text, as there were TXT_Key errors in pedia in your module
    @Toffer90 I did few changes in file, that your modmod mofifies (I reverted this one before editing it for committing fixes) - Global_CIV4GameText.xml

I didn't commit changes to tech tree yet.

KaTiON_PT and pepper2000 like this.
  16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

• Police Precinct now properly replaces the Police Station.
    • Buildings that require a police station now have an OR prereq of the police precinct.

KaTiON_PT likes this.
  17. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

18. Galadrion

Galadrion Warlord

When I try to update my copy of the SVN, I get the following message:

Unable to connect to a repository at URL
    'svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/caveman2cosmos/code/trunk'
    No repository found in 'svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/caveman2cosmos/code/trunk'

Is the repository currently down? Or is there something else going on?

19. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

was down and now working again, but pls use discussion thread next time or SVN bug thread, thx . . .

Raven Destroyer likes this.
  20. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

TechInfos.xml - Removed redundancies in tech requirements, connected floating techs and corrected some arrows by changing tech locations and swapping AND/OR prereqs.
    GlobalText - Added Forced entries for terraforming.
    PropertiesText - Corrected spacing in properties changing value under tech (Was +1 withTech now is +1 with Tech)

----
    Here are details of changes done to tech tree. Two text bugfixes are screenshoted in last post.

@pepper2000 I removed redundancies all way to end of tech tree and moved some techs around to clean arrows.
    @Dancing Hoskuld I moved few religious/punk techs around too, and some of them had their redundancies removed.

GameText - Moved Slave terraform actions to Captives Build text file.
    Fixed capitalization mistake in Captives build text file.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    KaTiON_PT likes this.